Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

Here you go @Rldeepcove, I hope you don't mind, but I added a chocolate brown shade to help make the logo pop. Hope you like it, happy to help!image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name of University: Rainier Tacoma University

Nickname: Thunder

Location (City, State): Tacoma, WA

Colors: See ID sheet

rainiertacomathunderunis.png

all in 1.png

The Rainier Tacoma University, commonly referred to as RTU,is a relatively young but thriving learning facility. Originally opening its doors in 1985, the University absorbed the previously existing Rainier School Of Technology after local government threatened to close the doors of Rainier Tech in 1983 due to ailing facilities. This connection still exists through the name of the school, something which also acknowledges the famous Mt Rainier which shadows the city of Tacoma.

After securing funding from both the state and federal governments and with a new inner city campus half completed, RTU was able to expand and accept more students. Slowly it gained acknowledgment as a top university, both athletically and academically. Beginning with a student body of 1800, RTU was able to grow through a larger campus and greater government funding, to its current student enrollment of around 20,000. However, the school has come under fire after a group of alumni complained of "cramped, ancient dormitories" and a general lack of privacy while studying at RTU. Apart from dated sleeping facilities, RTU is renowned for its Social Science and Literature courses, with the school continually receiving praise for its top quality students.

For its first 7 years of existence, the school didn't have a nickname for its athletic teams, simply playing as the Rainier Tacoma University, until the men's hockey team made their first national championship series. The school felt it appropriate to think of an unofficial team name to use while supporting the team, opening a competition to name the school's new nickname. After many possibilities were thrown up, a student drew a connection between the pronunciation of Rainier and Reindeer. As it was around Christmas time, reindeer were constantly mentioned in carols, giving him the idea of a play on words from the name, leading him to suggest the name Raindeer. The name received a mixed reception from the student body, as some students believed the name was to childlike and needed to sound aggressive. Eventually a compromise was reached- a name which still had layered meaning but was also perceived as stronger. The name Thunder was then chosen, still using the Raindeer as a mascot but instead referencing the thundering hooves of many Deer as they gallop. The name appeared to be lucky- RTU secured their first athletic championship of any type on home ice a week later. It stuck, becoming the unofficial nickname from then on untilit was officially acknowledged in 1995.

Since that first championship, RTU has added a further two championships in hockey, coming in 1999 and 2007, and one in Basketball in 2013. Both are the school's most prominent sports for both men and women, along with volleyball and womens soccer.  RTU also offers and consistently fields teams for Football and Lacrosse, though historically they never perform well. The school consistently leads all comers in Hockey and Basketball, but unfortunately have been known to choke during playoff matches.  Big matches for these sports and occasionally football  are played at the Tacoma Dome, otherwise in the 9,000 seat school auditorium or the on campus Evergreen Stadium which fits 24,000 spectators.

"Rumble the Raindeer" is the school's official mascot. He is well known for his "Banter-banner" that he carries around every home game, usually containing an abusive message directed at an influential opposing player. Every match he leads the team out, to the tune of the school's victory and run out song- Thunderstuck by ACDC.

#GRITCITY #FEARTHEDEER #RUMBLETHUNDER

rainiertacomathundertshirtmockups.png

2 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Looking good, man! How bout a Rivalry between Rainier-Tacoma and Portland Tech? #GRITCITY #CoonskinPride

I'm up for it, I'm sure there will be some classic cascadian clashes between the two.

Name of University: Norman University

Nickname: Horns

Location (City, State): Norman, Oklahoma

Colors: Dark Gray, Orange, and White

Norman University was founded in 1973. The school started out slow, but thanks to a large amount of popularity due to the festivities Norman offered, Norman University athletics was created. Norman is known for football, but they actively participate in basketball, baseball, and softball. Norman football has made the Top 10 in a now 5 straight years. This allowed for a big time rebrand into the new NORMAN HORNS.

This is the primary, currently working on everything else....

NU Horns.png

Name of University: Boston State University

Nickname: Fightin' Irish

Colors: Green,White,Grey,Black

Boston State Logo.jpg

19-gaylord-family-memorial-stadium-oklahoma-best-college-football-stadiums.jpg

Founded in 1886 by a group of Irish buisnessmen, Boston State University has always been known as a college of second chances. When Irish immigrants couldn't afford to get an education at the other schools BSU always made room. It also applied to many lower income families as a cheaper way to gain college education in the early 1900's.When sports programs finally came to the school in the early 80's it was a no brainer to use Fightin' Irish as the nickname with Fiery Fightin' Fitzpatrick as the school mascot. Boston State hosts just about 10,000 students, making them smaller than other rival schools in the New England area. While the school is academically successful, sports such as hockey and basketball have been nothing but underwhelming to say the least. Football however has always been the major bread winner with 3 championship wins in 1992, 1998, and just recently in 2010.

i love it, man. BSU looks like its going to be one of my favorite schools in this project. don't change a thing.

but at this rate, we might as well just break the conferences into two groups... The Massachusetts Conference and The Schools That Wear Brown Conference.

13 minutes ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

Oh man I forgot UDM was in MA. That's my bad, if I'm breaking the rules I'll submit a new college. I got a notebook full of ideas

Not at all...UDM is in Stockbridge, which is across the state (130 miles away, to be exact) from Boston...it'll be a sweet three-team derby here!

bYhYmxh.png

so.... how long until we get to post some uniforms? i'm about 90% done with my entire football set, including an almost offensive number of alternates, and a throwback to that dreadful 1970 team.

11 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Hey, so I do my stuff with pencil and paper for the time being. When I post my team, would someone be willing to digitize it?

*Raises Hand*

8 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

Oh man I forgot UDM was in MA. That's my bad, if I'm breaking the rules I'll submit a new college. I got a notebook full of ideas?

As far as I know, you three aren't in the same metro area so you're good!

11 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

I made an attempt to create a mascot for UNE and I'm in some need of feedback!

ohtbhtbh.png

Its a great start, I think it complements the primary really well. Maybe a little less angled and less geometric in the hair area? Also a little detailing to the hair wouldn't hurt.

6 hours ago, ColeJ said:

so.... how long until we get to post some uniforms? i'm about 90% done with my entire football set, including an almost offensive number of alternates, and a throwback to that dreadful 1970 team.

I was actually going to wait another day or so to ask you guys what sport you all wanted to tackle first (HAH TACKLE). But since it's football season in the real world, and there's already some interest, football it is? 

Alot of new colleges starting up SCAA programs, send me your primaries if you haven't already. I'll get an updated map and logo sheet thing out sometime soon!

9 hours ago, Rebelball24 said:

Name of University: Norman University

Nickname: Horns

Location (City, State): Norman, Oklahoma

Colors: Dark Gray, Orange, and White

Norman University was founded in 1973. The school started out slow, but thanks to a large amount of popularity due to the festivities Norman offered, Norman University athletics was created. Norman is known for football, but they actively participate in basketball, baseball, and softball. Norman football has made the Top 10 in a now 5 straight years. This allowed for a big time rebrand into the new NORMAN HORNS.

This is the primary, currently working on getting better software... Could someone please vectorize/touch up this please? And of course offer suggestions. Thank you.

NU Horns.png

I don't have the time currently, but I would be willing to help with the logo when I get the chance :)

11 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

I made an attempt to create a mascot for UNE and I'm in some need of feedback!

ohtbhtbh.png

Who says you couldn't make a human logo? That's a great start! 

-First, I would change the black to navy blue, since I didn't see black in your concept. Second, maybe add some white highlights at the front of the face and hat. I personally would make the hair less geometric to parrot Sleuth, and maybe elongate it. I would also fill it in. I see some places where the lines aren't joined to the others. For example, a part in your hat in the back is disjointed. If you clean this up, it would make for an awesome mark.

Oh and the other concepts are great guys!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived