Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

1 minute ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

We need to have one more MA school, so we can have a Massachusetts Triple Crown Championship. Whoever beats all three MA schools in a season wins

I'm pretty sure that'll be a challenge which the two New York schools will enjoy!

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'm not 100% sure if Canadian teams are allowed but if they're not I can make a new team.

Name of University: David Thompson University

Nickname: Lumberjacks

Colours: Red, Green, White, Brown

David Thompson University was founded in 1953 and was named after the famous explorer. It is one of the premier universities in Canada, and is also well known for their athletics (particularly hockey). The athletic program began in 1955 and has always been quite strong.

Their traditional rivals are based throughout western Canada.

I don't have any art programs on the computer though, and I also don't have anything to scan with so it would be great if somebody could do up a logo. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I think something like @gswansea 's club championship thread from a while ago could be done for each sport and maybe have one person assigned to simulating each sport, so like one person for football and another for basketball etc...

I was thinking of something along those lines. Simulation would bring this to the next level.

4 minutes ago, TheBenchwarmer said:

Alright, I'm not 100% sure if Canadian teams are allowed but if they're not I can make a new team.

Name of University: David Thompson University

Nickname: Lumberjacks

Colours: Red, Green, White, Brown

David Thompson University was founded in 1953 and was named after the famous explorer. It is one of the premier universities in Canada, and is also well known for their athletics (particularly hockey). The athletic program began in 1955 and has always been quite strong.

Their traditional rivals are based throughout western Canada.

I don't have any art programs on the computer though, and I also don't have anything to scan with so it would be great if somebody could do up a logo. Thanks!

I would consider helping you out with that eventually :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

2 minutes ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

I think everyone's championship history should be erased and then we use a random number picker to pick the champion for each sport in history of the SCAA.

I wouldn't do a random number but have some sort of simulator because we should have some schools that aren't quite as dominant

Name of University: Delmarva University

Nickname: Anglers

Location (City, State): Exmore, VA

Colors: Navy, Teal, Gold

Delmarva University Logo Sheet.png

Delmarva University was founded in 1894 by Donald Williams Belt. Belt wanted his university to represent more than just the small town of Exmore in which it was located, so he named it after the Delmarva Peninsula in hopes that it would attract students from the whole region. The athletic teams were nicknamed the Anglers due to the prevalence of fishing in the area. Since then, all of their teams have been mediocre, never attracting the top contracts but always hanging around and occasionally winning it all.

Each of the three team colors is taken from the flag of one of the states: teal from Delaware, gold from Maryland, and navy from Virginia. The primary logo is based on the shape of the peninsula, divided into three sections to approximate the region held by each state. It turned out looking very nautical; I'm not sure why, but I'm glad it did. The secondary takes the initials from the secondary and nests them, and the tertiary is the D in Virginia blue (I wanted navy to be the primary color because the school is based in Virginia). I also created a script logo, which is based on a fish hook.

This is the first concept I've posted on the boards, so if anybody has any improvements they would like to make or suggest, go right ahead.

Just now, ItDoesntMatter said:

Name of University: Delmarva University

Nickname: Anglers

Location (City, State): Exmore, VA

Colors: Navy, Teal, Gold

Delmarva University was founded in 1894 by Donald Williams Belt. Belt wanted his university to represent more than just the small town of Exmore in which it was located, so he named it after the Delmarva Peninsula in hopes that it would attract students from the whole region. The athletic teams were nicknamed the Anglers due to the prevalence of fishing in the area. Since then, all of their teams have been mediocre, never attracting the top contracts but always hanging around and occasionally winning it all.

Each of the three team colors is taken from the flag of one of the states: teal from Delaware, gold from Maryland, and navy from Virginia. The primary logo is based on the shape of the peninsula, divided into three sections to approximate the region held by each state. It turned out looking very nautical; I'm not sure why, but I'm glad it did. The secondary takes the initials from the secondary and nests them, and the tertiary is the D in Virginia blue (I wanted navy to be the primary color because the school is based in Virginia). I also created a script logo, which is based on a fish hook.

This is the first concept I've posted on the boards, so if anybody has any improvements they would like to make or suggest, go right ahead.

I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but I'm not seeing any images.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

@ItDoesntMatterThanks for fixing that. The script logo is just beautiful, but your other logos seem lacking in comparison. Maybe thicken the outlines for one, and choose a different font. I think it would be cool if you did a fisherman mascot, but I understand that might be out of your comfort zone. But it looks promising.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

2 hours ago, MBurmy said:

I hereby extend my invitation to form the Continental Conference!

Charter members would be the:

Boston State FIghtin' Irish (@KINGCHANCELLOR)

Divine Mercy Rays (@MBurmy)
Grand Island Tech Rapids (@llfhockey)

New England Rebels (@XenonDesigns)

North Eastern New York Bulls (@LA_Angels)

Other schools whose home states have their roots in the thirteen colonies (from Maine to Georgia) are eligible to join as well.

Can the Shelby Hogs be the first member of the South Division?

I'm loving all this conference alignment talk! I'm not sure what's going on elsewhere, but I love the idea of a Pacific division! Teams on the West Coast are spread out so thin, there's really not alot of options besides a single West Coast conference.

I'll be posting updated maps tomorrow, so send logos to me if you haven't already! Also, I will be replacing Serra with an identity I like a lot more, so stay tuned!

IMPORTANT SIMULATION STUFF

I also really like the simulation talk, and I think I have an idea for how we can do it. I think we can all agree that Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer and Hockey are the ones we are as a whole most interested in. So how about each school is given 25 "Prestige Points" to spread out among the 5 programs. This way, some guy can't try to dominate in every single sport, but it also gives you a chance to emphasis on a single sport. SO if you really wanted a good football program, you could put 10 prestige points in it, but this would leave the rest of the programs dry. Of course people would be encouraged to not be dicks and put 25 points in program. Once this happens, single game simulations will happen, but these "Prestige Points" will be the baseline for how good that team is. What do you all think?

55 minutes ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

We are posting football uniforms tomorrow right?

You're free to post them after I post mine, I'm getting the first crack at it! B) ( But I'll post pretty early so don't worry!).

@ItDoesntMatter That script is gorgeous, but i'll echo zion and say the rest of the set just needs a little bit of work. Either no outlines and thicker letters, or thicker outlines. A lot of promise here though don't get discouraged!

3 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

I think a March madness knockout style tournament would be pretty cool to have at seasons end. What's everyone's thoughts?

I think think that's a ridiculously cool idea. Would there be an actual balance of talent or would it just be like 2 of 3 dice rolls wins a game or something like that? I think bowl games and a CFB Playoff are quintessential too. Bowl game names could be decided by the two inaugural teams and then continue from there. Sponsors of course would be off the table, (dang it), but maybe we could create fictional companies or just have simpler, Grand Canyon bowl etc. type names. Another thing I think we need is a power ranking throughout our season, but I don't quite know how that would work. Any thoughts?

Update: I posted before I read @sleuthpanther's post. Prestige points. Dang that's good! Two thumbs up commish! Should we post our college's prestige points or wait for the season or unis?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived