2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

NYCFC debuted their new primary kit in today's friendly and wore the "clash" white shorts against the blue-clad C.S. Emelec. 

IMG_2805.PNGIMG_2806.PNG

Looks great.  

Im sure it's just a holdover from eleven years of youth soccer, but white shorts just seem so right for the spot. Even though I prefer the navy, this combination just looks... right. 

33 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Out of curiosity, what is the timeframe for an MLS kit design? Meaning, from start to finish how long does it take Adidas to design an MLS kit? 

Roughly two years. 2019 stuff will go into design phase in the next couple months. Of course this can vary from team to team

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

5 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

Roughly two years. 2019 stuff will go into design phase in the next couple months. Of course this can vary from team to team

Thanks! I have some guy arguing with me on an MNUFC blog because in his mind it's ridiculous that the 2017 kits won't have a wing design and that 7 months was plenty of time. I knew he was way off base. Just nice to hear that I'm not :) haha

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Thanks! I have some guy arguing with me on an MNUFC blog because in his mind it's ridiculous that the 2017 kits won't have a wing design and that 7 months was plenty of time. I knew he was way off base. Just nice to hear that I'm not :) haha

Haha yeah. I'm guessing MNUFC will have some template jerseys for 2017. Get a custom primary or secondary next year and then be in the full rotation like every MLS team. MNUFC will still look good no doubt.

For us at SKC, we start 2019 here shortly and 2018 is finalized my summer. I know a few teams around the league actually design their own kits, with guidance from Adidas of course. Thats one reason why you'll see more original designs and some more in the vain of teamwear. 

13 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

Haha yeah. I'm guessing MNUFC will have some template jerseys for 2017. Get a custom primary or secondary next year and then be in the full rotation like every MLS team. MNUFC will still look good no doubt.

For us at SKC, we start 2019 here shortly and 2018 is finalized my summer. I know a few teams around the league actually design their own kits, with guidance from Adidas of course. Thats one reason why you'll see more original designs and some more in the vain of teamwear. 

Oh wow, so you actually work for SKC. Apologies if you noted that earlier in this thread and I missed that. 

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Oh wow, so you actually work for SKC. Apologies if you noted that earlier in this thread and I missed that. 

All good! Should of noted sooner. Just trying to provide any insight I can

Archived