8 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Well, I guess we are the "Herd".  No logos yet.  There's no way there weren't better choices than this.

wisconsin-herd-1200x600.jpg?itok=Wxmdj4_

I guess the wishes of the fanbase weren't....."heard"?

Anyways, the name is, unimpressive.  it ties into the Bucks but it just doesn't have that much going for it.  Hustle at least invokes some sort of movement and speed.  Herd is...a bunch of deer standing around munching grass.  I'd love to know what was tossed aside for this 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pharos04 said:

I guess the wishes of the fanbase weren't....."heard"?

Anyways, the name is, unimpressive.  it ties into the Bucks but it just doesn't have that much going for it.  Hustle at least invokes some sort of movement and speed.  Herd is...a bunch of deer standing around munching grass.  I'd love to know what was tossed aside for this 

I'm actually searching for some kind of list of finalists or other options.

11 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

This is the WISCONSIN Herd

image.jpg

so you are saying the wisconsin herd is represented by a lumbering ass? :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

There probably were better choices but I don't hate the name since a group of deer is a 'herd' and it ties in with the Bucks that way. At the very least, it's better than Raptors 905 or Oklahoma City Blue.

I can imagine the announcers saying something like, "This player was just brought up from the Herd yesterday" or "He was just sent down to the Herd", which has a nice ring to it.

Wisconsin already has the Pack. the Crew, and now the Herd.

13 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

There probably were better choices but I don't hate the name since a group of deer is a 'herd' and it ties in with the Bucks that way. At the very least, it's better than Raptors 905 or Oklahoma City Blue.

I can imagine the announcers saying something like, "This player was just brought up from the Herd yesterday" or "He was just sent down to the Herd", which has a nice ring to it.

Wisconsin already has the Pack. the Crew, and now the Herd.

I always forget about the Oklahoma City Blue.... 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I don't think the Magic have been posted in this thread yet, so in case anyone missed that:

593a87c3dcc42_lakelandmagic.thumb.png.10b5560923f067ce1a51e0c498923887.png

It's ok. But, as I was saying in the specific thread for them...

On 4/12/2017 at 9:26 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Ugh. Really? Lakeland Magic? 3,000 name suggestions and that is what you came up with? 

I submitted Lakeland Spellcasters - Spell for Magic, Casters for "casting" a fishing rod (Lakeland is big on fishing). It's not Nike-speak when it's the truth.

I still stand by that my name should have won, especially when I look at what eventually won. Also, in the contest rules, they said that it should be tied to the Magic, but also have a local identity for Lakeland. I think that they were already set on Magic before they even started the contest, and started the "contest" for publicity.

I hate the Magic's FO.

ExJworW.png

On 6/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, TaylorMade said:

Doesn't Lakeland's official logo have the sponsor in it? I don't see the version you posted anywhere on their website.

9116_lakeland__magic-sponsored-2018.png

What an ugly look, forcing the sponsor in there. I was mad when the San Jose Barracuda did that, but at least the cuda did it in the best way possible.

I personally prefer for minor league teams to have their own names/identity separate from the main club. I understand why many clubs do it though. As far as the Wisconsin Herd goes if it were my decision to come up with a name related to the Bucks' deer theme, I might have gone with Wisconsin Stags. I know Bucks and Stags aren't exactly the same thing, but I think Stags sounds a lot cooler than Herd *shrugs*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I personally prefer for minor league teams to have their own names/identity separate from the main club. I understand why many clubs do it though. As far as the Wisconsin Herd goes if it were my decision to come up with a name related to the Bucks' deer theme, I might have gone with Wisconsin Stags. I know Bucks and Stags aren't exactly the same thing, but I think Stags sounds a lot cooler than Herd *shrugs*

Agreed. I always hate when minor league teams just use the parent team's name. Either come up with something original like Memphis Hustle or something related, but not the same like Wisconsin Herd. But just using Magic when your parent team is the Magic as well is just a real bummer. This really makes me feel a lot better about the Memphis Hustle in general, despite the lame Grizzly silhouette logo.  

What should they be? The Lakeland Rabbits in Hats?  Lakeland Women Sawn In Half? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived