MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2018 at 12:59 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Good gods.  That 6 is atrocious.  Embarrassing.  The sleeves and belt are bad too.  Those are so close to being a great uniform, but so far too.

You really over-exaggerate. When I saw the pic I did think the Phillies should modify their number font so the 6 doesn't almost look like an 8.

But embarrasing? Nah and I think it is a great uniform.

52 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate pullovers and actually might prefer them to button ups. The script on the braves uniform looks better than the one on the Orioles because there isn't a bump or line. In this day and age we don't need belts and button ups

Agreed. So many teams would benefit from a pullover resurgence.

Brewers Honour Nellie With Jersey Patch

June 24, 2018 - 15:49 PM

The Milwaukee Brewers are paying respects to one of their fallen this weekend during a four-game set against the St. Louis Cardinals by wearing a memorial patch for Dave Nelson the entire series. Nelson played many roles with the Brewers […]

Read More...

On 6/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

You really over-exaggerate. When I saw the pic I did think the Phillies should modify their number font so the 6 doesn't almost look like an 8.

But embarrasing? Nah and I think it is a great uniform.

I agree.. I actually love the Phillies look (I don't prefer the updated bubbly wordmark of the last couple years, but generally I like the font).. The cap logo is the best they've ever had, and I really like their number font.. Sure, the 6 could use a small adjustment of that top serif, but otherwise, it blends with the identity very nicely

On 6/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, aawagner011 said:

Braves are probably wearing their 1974 throwbacks tonight.

Edit- confirmed.

I initially thought they got the numbers wrong, but it looks like the non-block numbers were only worn in 1972 and 1973.

1972 -- 

15565428%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u90467g_med.jpeg

1974 --

8724_01_lg.jpgaaron.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, Gothamite said:

Very cool, but does anybody else think it would be better with a black signature on a white background?  The green figure is hard to see against the background, and the blue one disappears entirely. 

Agree, but the yellow circle on white probably would have looked out of place.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

So they can look like the Braves?

There's only so many ways to wear RWB.

This. The point is they look good with the red caps, and half of MLB already has blue dominant uniforms with blue caps. A switch to navy belts or something small is all that's needed if they look too much like the Angels

Archived