MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, DiePerske said:

Something I've noticed.

Since stance socks became official/popular, there's no one wearing stirrups anymore.

I know I'm wrong when I say no one, but there's not nearly as many as there used to be. 

12 hours ago, Digby said:

Fine by me. Stirrups make no sense. That’s a piece of history we can leave behind now.

I'm okay with no more stirrups, so long as players are required to show socks to the top of their shins.  No more pajama pants.

090513Yankees30nm-1024x712.jpg

A-Rod was an insufferable narcissist, but at least he knew how to dress on the field.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm okay with no more stirrups, so long as players are required to show socks to the top of their shins.  No more pajama pants.

090513Yankees30nm-1024x712.jpg

A-Rod was an insufferable narcissist, but at least he knew how to dress on the field.

As weird as this might sound, I think I prefer long pants to the crap stance is putting out.

I'd prefer:

Low stirrups (basically looking like a tube sock with a piece of white showing)

Tube socks

Medium stirrups

Long pants

High stirrups

Stance custom socks. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

It's very bizarre that the "right" way to wear baseball pants is not the way they're designed.

If you're referring to how some people are claiming that the "right" way to wear them is high and bloused, so that lots of sock is showing, that's exactly how they were designed - in fact, that's how you got the names "Red Sox", "White Sox", etc.  They were actually designed to be worn even higher - right below the knee if I'm not mistaken.

You could argue that the clock reset when they scrapped flannel and moved to doubleknit in the 70s, but even then, most players kept the same length, even though the pants were more form fitting and stretchier.  

200px-Tesreau.jpg mlb_clemente_20.JPG

Check out the textbook blousing on Clemente's pants.  I'm hard as a diamond right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cardinals knew they’d be wearing navy caps as part of their S&S set, but still packed their red helmets for a road series in Arizona. They just came of a home stand, so they can’t claim they already had the red helmets packed. 

This ? team frustrates me so much for so many reasons. 

43 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Saw on the Uni Watch ticker that the Astros introduced some of their international signings with navy jerseys they've never worn. I like them a lot.

DhIg6myV4AANhR9.jpg

A lot of times the teams in the Dominican Summer, Gulf Coast, and Arizona leagues will use simple versions of pro team jerseys as well as old models of MLB BP jerseys.

The Rays GCL team has worn this before:

AP316000222269.jpg?wm=api&ver=0

and the AZL Giants have worn this

hqdefault.jpg

On 6/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

Royals unis here look good to me, the batting helmet would be better if the crown were gold and the background blue instead of inverted as it is now

Odd decision to invert the helmet (other than it's probably the regular helmet with the gold portion applied over the top)

but we we have to discuss how much potential these have as an alternate? (Obviously with sleeves and full button down)

On 7/3/2018 at 8:20 AM, BJ Sands said:

Saw on the Uni Watch ticker that the Astros introduced some of their international signings with navy jerseys they've never worn. I like them a lot.

DhIg6myV4AANhR9.jpg

This navy jersey is better than the current Sunday/Spring Training top the Astros currently wear. It has the same design as the other jerseys in the Astros' set, and I wish they would switch to this top. 

It's also interesting how the orange-billed cap is in the foreground of that photo considering how the Astros have (sadly) abandoned the orange-billed cap for game use.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:48 AM, DiePerske said:

As weird as this might sound, I think I prefer long pants to the crap stance is putting out.

I'd prefer:

Low stirrups (basically looking like a tube sock with a piece of white showing)

Tube socks

Medium stirrups

Long pants

High stirrups

Stance custom socks. 

I like some of the Stance socks. I own a pair of the Rays striped socks. I used to wear a pair of their stirrups when I went to games, but they're pretty uncomfortable to wear, especially for four or five hours, so having one sock is much more preferable.

Some of the designs, though, are just too much. Two or three different striping patterns, city skylines, dot matrix fades... too gaudy. But the ones that mimic the teams' previous sock designs? Even with the added team logos, I like them.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 7/3/2018 at 8:20 AM, BJ Sands said:

DhIg6myV4AANhR9.jpg

can they please get some of those guys a hat that FITS?

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

18 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The D-backs wore their mid-00s t-backs yesterday but with black socks/shirts:?image=5044580

Not the best set they can go with but so much better than the bull :censored: they currently wear...

Archived