2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, andregunts said:

we couldnt have gotten this?

frances-damien-marcq-and-croatias-filip-

Just looking at that photo, that's kinda confusing? Might be alright if Croatia wore white socks. I don't really mind the shorts clash as much. I know this might be an unpopular opinion but with both teams utilizing the same three colors in their respective schemes, I understand why going mono might be more desirable. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

IMO both teams look better (on their own) with red, white, and blue in their kits.  However, mixing and matching (BBR or BWR vs RWB) WOULD cause clash issues. 

I mocked up what I would have preferred, again I feel the white shorts aren't enough to cause a problem since the other elements are so different: 

r7rhpy.jpg

On 7/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, Conrad. said:

Agreed. I'm ready and willing to buy a Rakitic kit, especially if they win. But I guess Nike doesn't want my money...

The same thing happened to me with the USA waldo jersey years ago.  It was so difficult to find it anywhere, even online.  And now teams like Nigeria, it's impossible to find a non-knock off jersey.  Why do they make so few?  

90758391980.gif

11 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The same thing happened to me with the USA waldo jersey years ago.  It was so difficult to find it anywhere, even online.  And now teams like Nigeria, it's impossible to find a non-knock off jersey.  Why do they make so few?  

My biggest issue with the Waldo's was two different levels of kits and the faded numbers of the original batches that went out. I never got one because the ones I wanted were over $150 with name and number added. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2018 World Cup Final Kits Set: Checkerboard vs Navy Blue

July 13, 2018 - 18:48 PM

France and Croatia will both be wearing their primary home kits for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final on Sunday. According to a post on FootyHeadlines.com the Croatians will be wearing the familiar checkerboard red and white tops with white […]

Read More...

England and Belgium will both be in their away kits in the third-place playoff. For no reason (the two teams played each other a couple of weeks ago, both in their home kits!) But at least England won't be wearing those ridiculous red shorts.

England/Belgium is actually a really nice looking matchup with both teams in their secondaries:

DiEvAYUX4AIuPX1?format=jpg

If this were the final, then I’d say there’d be absolutely no excuse for both teams not wearing their home kits, but since this is the third place match, and since they’ve already played each other in this tournament, I’m okay with them changing it up for this game. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

While I actually like Croatia's secondary black kit, it's nice that they will be able to wear their iconic checkerboard in the final. I love the shirt match up, but I think France in all blue will be a bit to much. 

IxkieML.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

England/Belgium is actually a really nice looking matchup with both teams in their secondaries:

If this were the final, then I’d say there’d be absolutely no excuse for both teams not wearing their home kits, but since this is the third place match, and since they’ve already played each other in this tournament, I’m okay with them changing it up for this game. 

On a somewhat related note, there are a couple squads that I could go with either the primary or secondary kit and be totally cool with it. Perhaps it’s because they’ve won the WC in the above kit, or because that has been their second strip for decades on end, but I’d say England is equally iconic in that design as they are with the white top and blue shorts. Now if they went all red, I would not say the same- the white shorts are a must for me to still label that look as iconic. A couple other teams which I’d say that about, to slightly lesser degrees: Germany in the green and white (an absolute classic, not worn all the time anymore, but definitely feels “right” when they do) and Brazil in the blue and white (nothing will top the yellow and blue with green trim, but they are so consistent with their kits that this is absolutely a classic and identifiable Brazilian look).

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Honestly, while I would never support England moving away from the W/B/W as their home look due to all the history and tradition behind it, I think this is actually their best look. R/W/R is always a great combo, and this kit better reflects the colors of England's flag than does the W/B/W kit.

(Of course, when the W/B/W originally came to be, they were undoubtedly echoing the Union Jack rather than St. George's Cross - it's only really been in the last 20 years or so that English fans have embraced St. George's Cross, after the 1996 Euro. But that's the unquestionable 'flag' of the English team at this point, not the Union Jack.)

Allons-y! Photo of Two-Star French Kit Emerges

July 15, 2018 - 13:20 PM

Nike is prêt à partir when it comes to France at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final. A photo appeared on FootyHeadlines.com this week of a jersey design featuring the French logo topped with not one but two stars. It appears […]

Read More...

Nike also has sent out media ahead of the game with the Croatian badge replaced by a gold star and the word #Believe underneath. I'm sure if Croatia wins it will take them about a week to get those out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived