MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, pgop said:

Omg...... as a brand strategist and brand designer, this is absolutely awful. First mistake is that the design is too complicated. The second one is that it is unproportional... that is the outer ring with the inner circle. 

I have done a couple MLS badge redesigns, and one for the sounders  https://www.behance.net/gallery/73602839/Seattle-Sounders-FC-Rebranding

What does it take a person to get hired?!? I want the sales person for that brand agency selling for me Haha

No offense, but that redesign isn't any better. Overly complicated combining both a shield and a roundel in one. Not to mention I see at least 5 different line weights in it. 

24 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

No offense, but that redesign isn't any better. Overly complicated combining both a shield and a roundel in one. Not to mention I see at least 5 different line weights in it. 

None taken haha!! I took the design jist of Manchester City and repurposed it for the Sounders.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Great name, horrible logo. But the Sounders have one of the worst logos in the MLS so maybe this is to be expected? Too bad. 

We can agree on that! Maybe a badge refresh was in order with the Ziluly announcement. Plus it's been ten years in MLS, right? Too bad.

Sounders are still a top organization when it comes to building a team, but they may just not be as cool anymore.

I'm enjoying all of the 2019 submiminated print shirts. It's a little corny, but I think they're cool.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not a huge fan of that pattern, but it won’t be super noticeable in games and at least it’s a a bespoke design rather than another recycled one. I also like the gray shirts as a change of pace for them, especially if they actually do wear red shorts and/or socks with them. Plus, even though this new kit is probably technically considered their “primary”, they’ll likely just use the reds as the de facto primaries like they did last season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Seattle Sounders 2 have been renamed the Tacoma Defiance. Name is fine, but the logo is turrible.

Concept is okay, but the execution is really bad.

I went ahead and made a quick "alternate universe" concept for the Tacoma Defiance based on the scenario of the Rainiers rebranding as the Defiance instead of S2.

e7epWnc.png

DyRCmDXX0AMPnr3.jpg

Not bad. Obviously the Reds are our primary's moving forward, so I like this for a change kit. The camo pattern is a little weird but it wont be noticeable from distance.  Still curious to see what the deal is with the shorts/socks though. As of now we have 2 pairs of red shorts/socks. One with white trim and one with grey trim. Surely we will have a pair of grey shorts/socks that weren't released today? 

2 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

DyRCmDXX0AMPnr3.jpg

Not bad. Obviously the Reds are our primary's moving forward, so I like this for a change kit. The camo pattern is a little weird but it wont be noticeable from distance.  Still curious to see what the deal is with the shorts/socks though. As of now we have 2 pairs of red shorts/socks. One with white trim and one with grey trim. Surely we will have a pair of grey shorts/socks that weren't released today? 

It's not a camo pattern. It is words that have a texture applied to them that run from the waist to the chest. The 2 on the front that are most visible are FIGHT and PASSION.

16 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It's not a camo pattern. It is words that have a texture applied to them that run from the waist to the chest. The 2 on the front that are most visible are FIGHT and PASSION.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i see it. I legit stared at it for 2 minutes before I turned my head hahah

Nashville MLS rebrand coming Feb 20th?

Here's what they're currently using in USL:

330px-Nashville_SC_crest_2018.svg.png

I think only minor changes are needed... The year being straight text in a curved circle looks awkward. I'd go with Nashville around the top, Soccer Club around the bottom, no year. Aside from that, the white circle is a bit too large relative to the inside circle.

Their primary kit better have a "six string sash" across the chest, that is just too obvious... although with those colors and a sash they're going to look like the LA Galaxy.

If Atlanta United are nicknamed the Five Stripes, does that make Nashville the Six Strings?

3 hours ago, xbhaskarx said:

Nashville MLS rebrand coming Feb 20th?

Here's what they're currently using in USL:

330px-Nashville_SC_crest_2018.svg.png

I think only minor changes are needed... 

I'd tend to agree with you. That being said, be forewarned... the following have all been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark office:

Nashville Beat
Nashville Groove
Nashville Honky Tonkers 
Nashville Vibe
Nashville Notes

Said word marks have been registered in relation to goods and services including "Entertainment services, namely, soccer exhibitions rendered live in a stadium, and through the media of television, radio and via the internet; Organization of soccer games; Organizing and conducting athletic competitions in the field of soccer; Organizing sporting events, namely soccer games; Organizing, conducting and operating soccer tournaments".   

Furthermore, the word marks are all listed as having been registered by the same owner - SH Registry LLC - that is listed as registering Music City Is Soccer City... a phrase that has been used on posters distributed by, and promoting, MLS2Nashville. 

Make of this what you will. Candidates for an MLS Nashville team name? A series of feints meant to draw our attention away from the actual name of the team? Simply a coincidence? Only time will tell.  

Archived