WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

Recommended Posts

Based on what we’ve seen so far, here’s a mockup of what the new SKC primary could end up looking like:

PLElMlP.jpg

Personally I’m hoping there’s at least some sort of graphic pattern on the shirt, because this would be a bit too plain for them IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I hope they use Music City and not Nashville. 

I'd expect them to keep their current name though Music City is better. The only other team that would be able to use a similar name is Austin and I can't see them changing from what's already been presented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xbhaskarx said:

Nashville MLS rebrand coming Feb 20th?

 

Here's what they're currently using in USL:

330px-Nashville_SC_crest_2018.svg.png

 

I think only minor changes are needed... The year being straight text in a curved circle looks awkward. I'd go with Nashville around the top, Soccer Club around the bottom, no year. Aside from that, the white circle is a bit too large relative to the inside circle.

 

Their primary kit better have a "six string sash" across the chest, that is just too obvious... although with those colors and a sash they're going to look like the LA Galaxy.

 

If Atlanta United are nicknamed the Five Stripes, does that make Nashville the Six Strings?

 

What is the significance of 2013? The USL team was founded in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xbhaskarx said:

Nashville MLS rebrand coming Feb 20th?

 

Here's what they're currently using in USL:

330px-Nashville_SC_crest_2018.svg.png

 

I think only minor changes are needed... The year being straight text in a curved circle looks awkward. I'd go with Nashville around the top, Soccer Club around the bottom, no year. Aside from that, the white circle is a bit too large relative to the inside circle.

 

Their primary kit better have a "six string sash" across the chest, that is just too obvious... although with those colors and a sash they're going to look like the LA Galaxy.

 

If Atlanta United are nicknamed the Five Stripes, does that make Nashville the Six Strings?

 

It might be played out...but reworking this into a guitar pick shaped badge would be kinda cool and fairly unique amongst the league shields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

DyAZEpnVsAE7Lto.jpg

 

Is there maybe a sash?

I don’t think there’s a sash, no. If there is a design on there, it looks to me like it could be one of these:

file.jpg

Argentina_Away_Jersey_Black_BQ9341_01_la

I wasn’t confident enough about that to include it in my mockup, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando City wore the shorts and socks from their new primary kit in today’s preseason match against the Red Bulls:

DyaY8NyXcAAiXXK?format=jpg&name=large

Dyad5czX4AEt4SY?format=jpg&name=large

DyaSxuGXQAEzUfO?format=jpg&name=large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Salt Lake's instagram answered a comment saying jersey reveal on Friday, Feb 8 for alternate kit. Any leaks or news of changes from the white and blue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nannybumpkins said:

Real Salt Lake's instagram answered a comment saying jersey reveal on Friday, Feb 8 for alternate kit. Any leaks or news of changes from the white and blue?

Crossing my fingers so it's not white and boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s pretty nice IMO, but I feel like they maybe could’ve added just a bit more to jazz it up. In any case, it looks like the shirt has a similar embossed checkerboard effect as the 2015 kits. Other than that, I like the addition of the white piping on the collar and cuffs, as it adds something a little different from what they’ve had in the past. And as a reminder, here’s what the shorts and socks look like:

XSNFmjQ.jpg

The socks are the best part of the kit IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like that white trim - with no other white elements, it looks out of place. I wish the checkers were used a bit more, maybe as a chest stripe to match the socks. Hopefully one day they will go full Croatia with it, as I think that would look incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some might consider it boring, but I’m ok with Columbus being a yellow team, Orlando purple, Houston Orange, LAFC black... year to year with little design change. That’s what the secondary kit is for. Honestly, MLS is pretty conservative with their secondaries. I’m surprised an “off” color isn’t seen more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I don’t like that white trim - with no other white elements, it looks out of place. I wish the checkers were used a bit more, maybe as a chest stripe to match the socks. Hopefully one day they will go full Croatia with it, as I think that would look incredible.

There’s white in the MLS badges on the sleeves, the crest, and the jocktag, which I think is just enough to make it so the white piping doesn’t look out of place. If the collar and cuffs were primarily white instead of black then I’d agree with you, but as it is the white piping is a small enough detail to blend in nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a mockup of what the full San Jose primary will likely look like:

lCLwe8p.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a look at what is likely Atlanta’s new shorts. Main difference being the adidas stripes now in red compared to the previous gold. Also, based on this picture as well as the leak of the shirt, I’m suspecting the sponsor print will now be a more accurate shade of gold rather than the tan-like color. You can definitely see some sheen to the gold now. It should be noted the shirt is only a training top and the shorts are last year’s.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.