infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week 14

infrared41

Another pretty solid week of uniform match ups. Choosing the game for the top spot was tough - it could have gone either way. On the worst side of the ledger, we had a team making a run at Tampa Bay for the worst uniforms ever. So let's get started. Put 60 seconds on the clock and let's play the lightning round of our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may be different from mine and that's fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil and limited to the uniforms.

BEST:

1. Jets - Bills: I went round and round on this one. In the end, I decided that since this is the last time we'll see this great match up, it may as well go out on top. I've said it every time the Jets have made the best list this season and I'm saying it again - enjoy these Jets uniforms while they last. I seriously doubt whatever the team does next will be as good. 

3DkmCzU.jpgBvbwMo7.jpg

2. Steelers - Raiders: This is about as good as it gets. It's been a great uniform match up for as long as I can remember. Every game should look this good.

k9lnX6a.jpgMVInpKT.jpg

3. Giants - Redskins: The classics never get old. Another great looking game.

JJMrvtg.jpg

4. Colts - Texans: Kudos to the Texans for leaving the blue monocrhome CR uniform in the locker room and deciding to look like a real NFL team this week. The Colts always look good...well, they look good as long as they stay away from the monochrome blue.

Pu5b3Rk.jpg

5. Patriots - Dolphins: This may be the first time the Dolphins throwbacks have finished out of the top three. The Pats road look just wasn't enough to get this game past the four in front of it. The Dolphins need to make this the full time look ASAP. Can you get to work on that Brandon? B)

UuEXsUG.jpgADN6kcg.jpg

6. Super Bowl Champion Eagles - Cowboys: When the best this one can do is 6th place, it's a good week.

3g51Syn.jpg

WORST: 

1. Saints - Buccaneers: It's pretty funny that the Bucs doubled down and wore these disasters

for the second consecutive week after that Op-Ed blasting their uniforms was published a couple weeks ago. You go, Bucs. Good taste be damned! 

X4jMFwf.jpg

2. Vikings - Seahawks: Like the Panthers last week, the Vikings are innocent bystanders in this one. Somewhere on these very boards is someone who would put Seattle in neon green vs. Tampa in all red at the top of their best list. Yes, that person exists and they are here. I don't know who it is, but we all know he or she is here somewhere. 

NZh8YVK.jpg

3. Bengals - Chargers: You know the competition is fierce when this disaster comes in 3rd. 

rlrXyTV.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all again next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

Wearing navy pants instead of going full monochrome would've really helped the Seahawks' case. But man, that green is still a little hard on my eyes. Maybe they should just keep it as a fashion jersey.

I forgot about the Chargers having navy pants... ugh. They could've rocked out the powders or just gone with their standard home uniforms. It wouldn't have mattered what they wore though, the Bengals would've still ruined it.

Dolphins throwbacks as full-time uniform is a stretch but i might be able to get you 1 more game next year :D

one thing that Vikings/Seahawks game has going for it? you can't say there's no contrast between the 2 teams. astronauts could watch that one from space

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Somewhere on these very boards is someone who would put Seattle in neon green vs. Tampa in all red at the top of their best list. Yes, that person exists and they are here.

Told ya. B)

2 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

I like the Seattle's all green look, and would love to see it vs Tampa Bay,

BB52Big.jpg

Really have been enjoying this thread for a while before posting my first reply here, just wonder Infrared's opinion about the Ravens vs Chiefs game? IMO the R/W/R for the Chiefs is just gorgeous, and the Ravens wear the correct pants this week... purple is really fresh. Since there're many great classic matchup this week I may put it at the 4th or higher.

The Baltimore Ravens were defeated by the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 27-24 at Arrowhead Stadium on December 9, 2018 in Kansas City, MO.

no3zemcwogvyxnqmthw3.jpg

18 hours ago, infrared41 said:

1. Jets - Bills: I went round and round on this one. In the end, I decided that since this is the last time we'll see this great match up, it may as well go out on top.

What a sobering thought. I just hope they go with green lids to shoehorn in an 80's throwback... might soften the blow of whatever fire-emoji swag they wear as primaries.

1.  Your #6 is invalid.  This was the matchup, and it doesn't work for me:

ap_kamu_grugier_hill.jpgfootball-referee-official-walt-coleman-d

2.  I really like those Seahawks colors, though the disconnect between the helmet and the rest of it really bothers me.  They should have a decal that replaces the gray with neon when they wear those unis, or maybe just swap out all the white in the logo for neon just so something ties in.

I can absolutely understand why they wouldn't be popular, and wouldn't argue with anyone that hates them, but for me it's a great color.  SBCP Eagles win the Fog Bowl if they were wearing those uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2.  I really like those Seahawks colors, though the disconnect between the helmet and the rest of it really bothers me.  They should have a decal that replaces the gray with neon when they wear those unis, or maybe just swap out all the white in the logo for neon just so something ties in.

I can absolutely understand why they wouldn't be popular, and wouldn't argue with anyone that hates them, but for me it's a great color.  SBCP Eagles win the Fog Bowl if they were wearing those uniforms.

For Color Rush, you aren't allowed to make a new logo. You have to use your current logo, or a throwback logo. Swapping Grey for Green would count as a new logo, unless you want them to use the old Logo hey had until 2002, which had green there.

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Dang you beat me to the Eagles vs Refs punch.

48 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

Ain't nothing wrong with liking a uniform match up, I think it is one of the better of the colour rush jerseys. 

No one said there is. My point was simply that no matter how terrible the uniform, there's always someone out there that likes it. 

BB52Big.jpg

17 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Wearing navy pants instead of going full monochrome would've really helped the Seahawks' case. But man, that green is still a little hard on my eyes. Maybe they should just keep it as a fashion jersey.

I forgot about the Chargers having navy pants... ugh. They could've rocked out the powders or just gone with their standard home uniforms. It wouldn't have mattered what they wore though, the Bengals would've still ruined it.

https://twitter.com/2Shayzz/status/1072217230388158464

10 hours ago, slikye1 said:

Really have been enjoying this thread for a while before posting my first reply here, just wonder Infrared's opinion about the Ravens vs Chiefs game?

First off, thanks. I'm glad you enjoy my silly little lists. B) Good to see you participating. What is my opinion of Ravens - Chiefs? It looked pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the purple pants, but I thought they looked OK in this particular match up. The game probably would have made the best list in a week with less competition. I thought the game looked pretty good, but I didn't like it better than the 6 games that made the best list. 

BB52Big.jpg

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

really like those Seahawks colors, though the disconnect between the helmet and the rest of it really bothers me.  They should have a decal that replaces the gray with neon when they wear those unis, or maybe just swap out all the white in the logo for neon just so something ties in.

The grey on the logo should be neon green, just as it was kelly green on the original seahawk. I want more neon green in their set, too, just never this much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived