Texas Stadium gutted

rainmaker17

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually drove by there on Friday night comign in from DFW Airport into Dallas for the Ducks/Stars game...

From the outside you can tell that they've been gutting the place.

I was riding with my grandpa nd pointed it out to him. He said that made him feel old, because he could remember when the place was brand new and it was THE premiere stadium in the nation, and now they're tearing it down because it's too old. (He was in the army and stationed at Fort Hood in Texas, so he remembers it well)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

no idea.

Make it a rodeo ring arena. Texas is famous for its rodeoes!

You're joking, right? :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

dur's a hole in the top so gawd can watch the dem'lishin

You stole my joke. Well, kind of.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've always hated that place. Not quite a dome, not quite an outdoor stadium, the worst of both parts, IMO. Oh, and astroturf!

It's actually great. Keep the fans out of the elements, let the players play in them.

Well, the fans have to deal with the temperature, but they stay dry...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

no idea.

Make it a rodeo ring arena. Texas is famous for its rodeoes!

yeah that would make sense if this was a fort worth stadium but since this is arlington/dallas, theres not much rodeo in that part of town. its more in fort worth and surrounding areas. which is why the Fort Worth Stockyards are so popular in Fort Worth.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

So when do you get your seats?

I'm not sure. The invoice said the seats would be shipped 6-8 weeks after the final home game (which wound up being the the big "farewell" vs. the Ravens 12/20/08). That tells me it could be any day, though in the third photo it looks like my section still has the seats intact (the part in the sun). I'll post pictures when they arrive.

newsig.jpg

Thanks for all of the Cowboy bashing. I thought an iconic stadium's demise might be relevant here....my bad.

I'm sorry man...Guess this thread is no place for somebody who bleeds green and gold.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived