CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

It's personal...or professional...nonsense that ravens12 keeps bringing onto the forums. And we won't have any more of it. Keep whatever issues you have with another user private. This forum isn't for airing personal grievances.

Ice-_Cap, thanks for editing his vindictive posts.

This is the second time he has attacked me at this site.

I have kept my posts more on-topic, only discussing the design aspects of championship rings, while he continues to cause trouble and go off topic.

Can you please ban him?

I wish I didn't have to visit this great site and see his personal attacks here.

I know who he is and have known him for years. I have encouraged him, if he has a problem to contact me privately, away from this site, but for some strange reason that perhaps he only understands, he chooses to stir the pot only at this forum.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Anyone want to discuss the designs of the Super Bowl XXV rings?

sb25c.jpg

The ring on the left is the New York Giants Super Bowl Ring from their 1990 season. This ring was designed and manufactured by Balfour in solid 10K yellow gold. Many Super Bowl ring enthusiasts are not enamored with the design of this ring, however, the huge Giant fan-base tends to increase demand for this Super Bowl ring.

The ring contains two large marquise diamonds, symbolizing the two Super Bowl titles.

The ring weighs 48-49 grams.

In a tradition that continues to this day, the team that loses the Super Bowl is recognized as a champion of their respective conference. The Buffalo Bills 1990 AFC championship ring, shown above, is a beauty, and weighs in at 45 grams. The ring originally contained one small center diamond and the top represented the team’s stadium. Many of the players had the championship ring modified by placing small diamonds in the “X” patterns which are actually supposed to be the stadium’s seating and tunnel system. My AFC championship ring shown above has this modification.

The Bills AFC championship rings were designed and made by Jostens in solid yellow 10K gold.

Anyone want to discuss the design of Super Bowl XXVI rings?

sb26c.jpg

The ring on the left is the Washington Redskins Super Bowl Ring from their 1991 season. This ring was designed and manufactured by Tiffany in solid 10K yellow gold. Many Super Bowl ring enthusiasts are not enamored with the design of the Washington Redskins rings and in my opinion, this is a nice improvement over their last Super Bowl ring (also made by Tiffany), from 1987.

While the Redskins Super Bowl XXVI ring does not contain any huge diamonds, the ring is loaded with diamonds throughout the top.

The championship ring weighs 50 grams.

The Buffalo Bills 1991 AFC championship ring, shown above, is a beauty, and weighs in at 45 grams (the exact same weight as their championship ring from the year before).

The Bills AFC championship ring was only the second time (the Broncos having done the same design) that celebrated the AFC championship with a diamond-filled letter “A”.

The Bills AFC championship rings were designed and made by Jostens in solid yellow 10K gold.

Any thoughts or comments?

I really like that Super Bowl ring personally. You can tell its a Redskins ring without it having any Redskins logos on it but instead having the feathers from the logo. I also like it because one of my dads friends had a mold for the faces of those rings and i thought it was really cool when i saw it as a kid because i never saw anything like it before.

I really like that Super Bowl ring personally. You can tell its a Redskins ring without it having any Redskins logos on it but instead having the feathers from the logo. I also like it because one of my dads friends had a mold for the faces of those rings and i thought it was really cool when i saw it as a kid because i never saw anything like it before.

While I would not call the Redskins ring ugly (although their atrocious Super Bowl XXII ring from 1987 really does boarder on being considered ugly) in my onion, the Super Bowl XXVI ring from 1991 is way below the standard set by other team's winning Super Bowl rings.

The diamonds on this ring, look like they were designed and laid out by a child.

As much as I would actually love to see Tom Brady win a 5th ring (even as a Bears fan I still appreciate greatness) I can't imagine what the heck a fifth trophy would look like on a ring. They might be the first team to have championship brass knuckles...Dear Lord those are ginormous!!! :shocked:

Anyone want to talk about the design of these rings? What a cool picture and tweet!

hhof14.jpg

What has to be the absolute first championship ring ever produced, shown in the center of the photo above, the Hockey HOF features the first championship ring ever presented - back from 1893.

Look how different that championship ring is from today's mega-blinged out championship rings!

Although my championship ring blog does not cover Hockey rings as much as it should, the last decade of Hockey championship rings rival Pro Football and Baseball's finest championship rings.

Anyone want to discuss the design of the Super Bowl XXVII rings?

sb27c.jpg

The ring on the left is the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Ring from their 1992 season. This ring was designed and manufactured by Balfour in 10K solid yellow gold. What makes this Super Bowl unique - never having been done before or since - is that the large center diamond was cut and shaped in the size of a star (a tribute to the Cowboys iconic logo).

Think about that for a moment: Most diamonds are cut round, or football shaped, but never cut in the shape of a star (see photo above).

Although this is the Cowboys third Super Bowl championship, it looks like Jerry Jones and his ego, were more interested in designing a ring celebrating his first Super Bowl victory and no mention is made anywhere on the ring of the previous two championships.

In a tradition that continues to this day, the team that loses the Super Bowl is recognized as a champion of their respective conference. The Buffalo Bills 1992 AFC championship ring, shown above, is a beauty, and weighs in at 45 grams (the exact same weight as their championship ring from the two years before).

The Bills AFC championship ring was their third AFC title in a row, and each of the four championship rings (if we can jump ahead to their fourth and final Super Bowl appearance from the 1993 season, are all uniquely different).

The Nanny, Ben Affleck, Tom Brady and Four Wonderfully Designed Super Bowl Rings

nanny9.jpg

Ouzounian, who’s having her five minutes of fame as Ben Affleck’s ex-nanny, is shown enjoying some mile-high fun on a private jet trip to Las Vegas.

She was accompanying Ben Affleck and his pal, Tom Brady. As you can see in the photo above, she was photographed wearing Brady’s four Super Bowl rings.

In the photo, that has hit the internet, Ouzounian, 28, is wearing the Super Bowl rings along with tight white jeans, a black tank top — and a satisfied smile.

Life was good for Ouzounian, the ex-nanny in the photo is clearly relaxed, kicking off her shoes and striking a sexy pose on her seat.

Ouzounian had been in the Bahamas with Affleck, 42, and his poor unsuspecting, (now-estranged) famous actress wife, Jennifer Garner, 43, before the pair’s secret trip to Sin City on June 27 for a poker tournament.

Affleck, an avid gambler, had initially asked Ouzounian to join him on a flight back to Los Angeles from the Bahamas — while his clueless wife stayed behind with their three kids.

On their way to Vegas, Affleck picked up Tom Brady and his four Super Bowl rings. Ben, being a class act, hid Christine the entire trip.

“When they got back to LA, Jen heard about their trip without the kids and flipped out. Jen then fired Christine right away, and Ben did nothing about it,” an insider said.

Three days after the photo was snapped, Affleck and Garner announced that they were splitting up.

I wonder if Tom Brady travels everywhere with his four super bowl rings?