Ole Miss Unveils "Official" Mascot Renderings

footballfiji

HOTTYTODDY_medium.JPG

BLACKBEAR_medium.JPG

LANDSHARK_medium.JPG

So Auburn is the Tigers but has a live eagle. Alabama is the Crimson Tide but has an elephant. Tennessee is the Volunteers but has a Blue Tick Hound. Ole Miss is the Rebels but will have one of these three head scratchers.

Oh for the future, when no SEC mascot actually makes a ton of sense.

Maybe Vandy will replace the Commodore with a Ship. Florida will replace the Gator with a Jorts wearing anthropomorphized Tim Tebow. Mississippi State will replace the Bulldog with a Bull/Hound hybrid (like a Minotaur) and Kentucky will replace the Wildcat with Goldie Hawn.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florida will replace the Gator with a Jorts wearing anthropomorphized Tim Tebow.

This made me laugh really hard. Personally, I prefer the bear but I don't quite understand the fuss over Colonel Reb.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I honestly like them all, they're pretty cool to me. I think a land shark would be unique, because frankly you don't see very many shark mascots out there. But I wouldn't mind seeing either of the other options either.

EDIT: I forgot to add, if Admiral Ackbar was an option however, it would dominate the competition. It'd have my vote easily.

SECOND EDIT: 400th post!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Florida will replace the Gator with a Jorts wearing anthropomorphized Tim Tebow.

This made me laugh really hard. Personally, I prefer the bear but I don't quite understand the fuss over Colonel Reb.

Me either... if Magnolia State's largest university wants to project an image of Mississippians being a bunch of backwoods idiots who are still trying to fight the civil war, they should have that right :D

Me either... if Magnolia State's largest university wants to project an image of Mississippians being a bunch of backwoods idiots who are still trying to fight the civil war, they should have that right :D

If you don't like their logo then don't but their stuff or support their team. This PC BS is just plain stupid. If they are backwoods idiots what are the people that still blame slavery for every damn thing that has happened since 1865. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Anything is better than Admiral Akbar, no reference to Star Wars or Star Trek or Star whatever should be in sports. That stuff was not cool when it came out and still is lame.

Don't you have a nerd to beat up somewhere? Both Star Wars and Star Trek are, and will remain, "cool".

If you don't like their logo then don't but their stuff or support their team. This PC BS is just plain stupid. If they are backwoods idiots what are the people that still blame slavery for every damn thing that has happened since 1865. :D

Topic------->over here this conversation------->going over here

Colonel Reb is gone. Whether you agree or disagree with the thinking/reasoning behind the change is not for this thread but if the can of worms has been opened? Col. Reb was just a small part of a bigger problem at Ole Miss. A problem that included Confederate Flags being waved and Dixie being played during the game.

Colonel Reb was just the final bit of house cleaning Ole Miss did to clean up their image.

Archived