Viper

Say it ain't so, Joe

2,613 posts in this topic

Glad somebody's taking responsibility.  It's been like 5 years.  

2 people like this

While it's too late for culture change to take shape at PSU or for the NCAA to set a precedent that nods toward human decency, hopefully at least some people can now make the connection to a broken culture as opposed to simply a bad apple.

5 people like this

Nice to see this thread bumped with good news for once.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Nice to see this thread bumped with good news for once.

It's just too bad the old man kicked the bucket before he had to answer to any hard questions or serve his justice. 

4 people like this

True, but at least some of his co-conspirators will get a measure of justice.  

Makes it harder for the apologists to pretend nothing happened. 

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's just too bad the old man kicked the bucket before he had to answer to any hard questions or serve his justice. 

Um, Sandusky is still alive and serving his prison sentence as we speak. 

15 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

While it's too late for culture change to take shape at PSU or for the NCAA to set a precedent that nods toward human decency, hopefully at least some people can now make the connection to a broken culture as opposed to simply a bad apple.

It's never too late for a culture to change, and in the case of PSU, there has been a great deal of change....well, not change but more light has been brought upon a situation that people thought could never happen at their location. In that stance there has been change, and I'm sure campuses around America looked deep at themselves and thought, 'could that happen here?' And the answer is a resounding    , 'YES! It can happen anywhere there are people who think they can control a situation such as this.' Cough...cough...Baylor...cough...cough.

I'm glad to see these two take responsibility for what they DIDN'T do, but on the other hand I wanted them to go to court and give some answers to some questions, like...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

41 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Um, Sandusky is still alive and serving his prison sentence as we speak. 

Sandusky is only part of the problem.  Almost as bad is the football coach who sheltered him, protected him from the police and allowed him to keep preying on kids.

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sandusky is only part of the problem.  Almost as bad is the football coach who sheltered him, protected him from the police and allowed him to keep preying on kids.

and it went on for over 30 years! He knew about it longer than anyone previously thought. 

5 people like this

9 hours ago, Viola73 said:

It's never too late for a culture to change, and in the case of PSU, there has been a great deal of change....well, not change

I think that means it's too late to change.

Unless Joe Paterno left a secret diary where he reveals he was actually Hans Sprungfeld, PSU will never learn from the Sandusky scandal.

4 people like this

I'd tend to agree.  The greatest potential for change comes right at the beginning.   But every day that passes, the apologists get another excuse to say "those problems are in the past, they have nothing to do with us."

6 people like this

14 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Penn State Trustee going for "Tone Deaf Jackass of the Year" award.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19041184/penn-state-nittany-lions-trustee-little-sympathy-jerry-sandusky-victims

As per usual, I made the mistake of reading the comments...and to my surprise, there are a lot of good ones...

Absolutely disgraceful.