Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

I wouldn't want a uni change. Unless the situation explodes and everyone is implemented and found guilty, etc.

I assume you meant "indicted"? And so far haven't the AD and a school VP already been indicted? JoPa is being forced to retire. And of course the biggest blow the former D coordinator is a pervert of the highest order. Seems to me the situation has "exploded." It would to Penn State well to disassociate themselves as quickly and thoroughly as possible from the last 46 years. That would include new unis, new helmets, new coaching staff from the ground up...

And they're not dumping JoPa just to save face. They're dumping him because he knew about this behavior and continued to enable it for at least a decade now. Sandusky was on campus last week for christsakes. JoPa lost any claim of being the best coach ever, he's just a child molester enabler now with a lot of wins.

Well you bring up some interesting points about wiping the slate clean. Therefore, I have to agree with you about starting fresh with a new uniform and logo for this great team. JoePa however will never lose his claim at being the best coach ever because the stat line shows he is the best in wins.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paterno's out, as per the New York Times. Fare thee well, enabler of pedophilia.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7207730/penn-state-nittany-lions-call-joe-paterno-news-conference

Yep. Looks like it's the end for Paterno. Only reason I can see that he'd give in is if he did in fact know more and "enabled" more than just the one incident. Better to step down now than have the rest of his complicity come out. Let that be a lesson to everyone, that everyone in college football is corrupt in some way or another, even the "good guys".

I'd say everyone in sports in general. Hearing about :censored: like this makes me want to give up on sports altogether and become like an art fanatic or something.

90758391980.gif

I wouldn't want a uni change. Unless the situation explodes and everyone is implemented and found guilty, etc.

I assume you meant "indicted"? And so far haven't the AD and a school VP already been indicted? JoPa is being forced to retire. And of course the biggest blow the former D coordinator is a pervert of the highest order. Seems to me the situation has "exploded." It would to Penn State well to disassociate themselves as quickly and thoroughly as possible from the last 46 years. That would include new unis, new helmets, new coaching staff from the ground up...

And they're not dumping JoPa just to save face. They're dumping him because he knew about this behavior and continued to enable it for at least a decade now. Sandusky was on campus last week for christsakes. JoPa lost any claim of being the best coach ever, he's just a child molester enabler now with a lot of wins.

Well you bring up some interesting points about wiping the slate clean. Therefore, I have to agree with you about starting fresh with a new uniform and logo for this great team. JoePa however will never lose his claim at being the best coach ever because the stat line shows he is the best in wins.

Paterno effectively hasn't been the real coach in over a decade or longer. His win total is inflated because he's been allowed to claim them, while others have actively run the team for so long. He's got nothing on Eddie Robinson.

Luckily there aren't any sexual deviants in the arts...

I'm talking about the whole corrupt system wise guy. Leave the snark for someone else, I don't need that.

Sorry -- I couldn't help myself. I'm with you on your bigger point, and that's the scariest part. What horrific coverups are going on at other institutions?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Paterno effectively hasn't been the real coach in over a decade or longer. His win total is inflated because he's been allowed to claim them, while others have actively run the team for so long. He's got nothing on Eddie Robinson.

As long as his name is beside the "W" then he gets credit for it.

spacer.png

I hate that this is about Joe Paterno. The entire program from top to bottom is forever shrouded in disgrace. Joe may have turned many a blind eye to this and contributed to the enabling/protection of Sandusky's activities, but this is so much bigger than the destruction of one coach's legend.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You:

stillrealdm8.jpg

Last time I checked the record books don't say Joe Paterno 35 - Michigan 7...

stillrealdm8.jpg

So are trying to provoke an otherwise useless argument because you know I am right?

spacer.png

Last time I checked the record books don't say Joe Paterno 35 - Michigan 7...

Well duh, Penn State has never beaten Michigan 35 -7.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

We shouldn't even be talking about the greatest coach ever losing his job because the university wants to save face

Right, we should be talking about the greatest coach ever losing his job because he either ignored or covered up for a child rapist, allowing him to molest and rape countless other boys after the fact.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

stillrealdm8.jpg

So are trying to provoke an otherwise useless argument because you know I am right?

Nothing about what I posted indicates that I think you're right.

I don't think that this is all about Paterno. He's just the highest-profile. But when the Athletic Director goes to trial, and hopefully to jail, the case will continue to get all the attention it deserves, regardless of whether or not Paterno ever faces justice.

I was meaning more about this thread, as well as a lot of the national focus. I understand Paterno is up there on a pedestal and does figure into this equation, but I wish the reporters would dig deeper on the bigger picture in "happy" valley.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Maybe I missed it, but aren't all of these still allegations? Especially in regards to the individuals not directly involved in the acts it seems everyone has hit the fast forward button. I know a couple admins were questioned but it seems like a lot of conjecture beyond that at this point.

I was totally expecting a funny prototype helmet to appear this thread.

/disappointed

I'd say this is one of those rare topics that should never be made fun of.

Nothing wrong with smearing that disgrace of a human being, JoePa, and his joke of a program. That guy is a piece of sh1t.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived