Colorado Rockies

JTernup

So I've heard a lot of stuff about the rox dropping the road pinstripes, and the lack of the road jersey on MLB shop makes that seem likely. I have also posed the question of what jerseys are in the 2012 Style Guide. The home and road will definitely be there but what two of the 3 Alts will they use. Is it possible that they could add the purple hat back into the rotation, with them re-emphasizing the purple.

My last question is will the road jersey include piping or anything or will it just be plain grey.

Thanks guys, discuss away.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the road pinstripes go, for some reason I think they just make the road uni look muddled, similar to the Twins' previous road unis. The Rox should also ditch the home pinstripe sleeveless alt, because to me pinstripes never looked right on a sleeveless jersey, plus sleeveless jerseys in themselves strike me as a bit of a '90s fad. Keep the black COLORADO alts and add silver piping, and use them at home as well as on the road, but make them sleeved rather than sleeveless. Keep the purple for home only and put ROCKIES on the front with black piping, and bring back the solid purple caps to go with them.

The Rockies over the past several years have been doing the same thing with the purple that the Marlins have done with teal--gradually de-emphasizing it in favor of oh-so-generic black and silver.

Also a little side note: has anyone else noticed the strangely prominent black edge on the bill of that purple alt cap? http://www.lids.com/MLB/Colorado-Rockies/20076646

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Yes, I own the purple hat and it wraps up over the bill. I at least on 59FIFTY for each team and this is the only cap I own that is like this. I've never been able to get an answer as to why this hat has that.

I've always thought that it looked much better than it would have with the normal bill.

So does anyone have any clues as to what the rox new road greys will look like?

The CR logo for the caps should be redesigned.

I never digged on the lower section of the C entering in the hole of the R. It should enter exactly in the middle of the R.

And it's time to change that font, I'm tired of seeing that serif font although with the old Florida Marlins it was OK.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I would have to agree that I do think the Rockies could stand for a full update. There's just something about their font I've never cared for. I like purple, and they should never move away from it, but their primary logo and cap logo could probably be tweaked.

I would have to agree that I do think the Rockies could stand for a full update. There's just something about their font I've never cared for. I like purple, and they should never move away from it, but their primary logo and cap logo could probably be tweaked.

Rockies and Mariners look dated imo

both stuck in the 90's

both stuck in the 90's

Are you saying that just because purple and teal are the "stereotypical '90s colors" to you? I personally disagree with you, because although those may have been particularly popular in the '90s, that doesn't necessarily mean those colors are dated. The last thing I would want is for the M's and Rox to ditch their respective unique colors in favor of the unfortunately trendy black/navy/red or something else boring. The M's are thankfully making a splash by bringing back the teal, it would be nice to see the Rox use purple more often.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

both stuck in the 90's

Are you saying that just because purple and teal are the "stereotypical '90s colors" to you? I personally disagree with you, because although those may have been particularly popular in the '90s, that doesn't necessarily mean those colors are dated. The last thing I would want is for the M's and Rox to ditch their respective unique colors in favor of the unfortunately trendy black/navy/red or something else boring. The M's are thankfully making a splash by bringing back the teal, it would be nice to see the Rox use purple more often.

not the colors, the fonts/script. especially the rox

i actually agree with you that the rox should embrace the purple more and was happy to see the mariners bring back the teal alts and the teal brimmed hat

I'll disagree and say that the Rockies look is distinguishable and nothing little change about them color-wise or anything else. The only things I would change would be to ditch the friggin' stupid vest and to get rid of the purple fading helmet and just go back to black.

I turned on the Arizona Fall League game on MLB network yesterday. Marlins players had the black new MIAMI jerseys on and the Rockies players had the normal Rockies roads on (if that's worth anything). I guess you wear your hat and your MLB unis in that league/game?

KISSwall09.jpg

I turned on the Arizona Fall League game on MLB network yesterday. Marlins players had the black new MIAMI jerseys on and the Rockies players had the normal Rockies roads on (if that's worth anything). I guess you wear your hat and your MLB unis in that league/game?

The Marlins guys in the AFL got their unis the day after the unveiling. I know a guy who coaches with the AA Jacksonville Suns and he posted a pic on Facebook wearing them the day after the official release.

Just making an observation of the board and not intending to single anyone out.

It kills me how things play out here. Depending on which teams jersey release forum you get a variety of responses from people. I know these all come down to opinion but this is just an observation.

People say they want a team to be creative but complain when it's too out of the box or "not baseball.". They complain when a team tries to be bold with the colors but also complain if the colors are too dull. They complain if a team that " could have a classic look in a few years" changes jerseys, but want teams that have a long and well received identity to completely rehaul their sets. They complain if a team tries to go back to an old identity or be retro but hate when they go away from it in the first place. The List goes on.

I love the Rockies shoulder patch logo and the Seattle compass. I think they are to classic looking logos that have stood and atleast the compass logo has been well received. I would include the Marlins old hat logo, becuase it went unchanged for 18 years. It just seems people want change for the sake of change and then you can about guarantee that some of the people that wanted change will probably dislike the change that happens for one of the above listed reasons. It's a never ending cycle. Alternates is still where the change can happen without removing a complete identity. A chance Introduce a new secondary logo or color. I think alot of teams are taking the easy way out nowadays on the alternates.

Not trying to stir feathers, just making an observation.

Archived