College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a UWGB student, I am loving this hahaha. Not that GB has great unis, but I'll take them over these.

Well you could start by using your own damn colors and not trying to swipe ours :P

GB's throwbacks are pretty sharp though... I'd love to see a game between both of our schools in throwback gear.

mke_throwbacks.png

Yuck. So a school that is completely void of a cohesive brand decides to introduce jerseys with a brand new script. Didn't think they could dilute their identity even more, but they've outdone themselves.

They really need to just scrap everything, their alternate logos, their scripts, and even their school name and start over (and not touch anything for 10 years).

Agreed... and fankly, a new mascot that has some local significance and isn't used by 25% of America's high schools wouldn't hurt either... bring back the Gulls!

FWIW, the women's team has an abolsutely gorgeous script mark. Milwaukee is just one of those places whose name looks much better in script than it does in block.

hot_entry.jpg

So what, will all the teams that wore those terrible gray uniforms have gray alts this year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

52-90063-F.jpg

52-90105-F.jpg

52-90064-F.jpg

52-90106-F.jpg

Georgetown's isnt bad. Having John Thompson on the back is a little weird. Might be pushing it a little bit...

I'm huge fan of Big John, but I also agree that's weird to have him looming on the back of every player.

That aside, I'd like these more if they only used a navy/grey kente pattern, instead of having a secondary navy/royal trim on the homes and a grey/light grey trim on the roads.

I also think the collarbone panels are overkill. Get rid of that, harmonize the kente patterns, scale back on the graphic on the back, and I think you'd have a great set.

So what, will all the teams that wore those terrible gray uniforms have gray alts this year?

I don't like the fact that proliferation of gray alts watered down G'town's claim to the use of gray at home. As a kid, I always loved that look, and I thought it made G'Town look tougher than the average team. I don't know if they were the first to do it (Ohio State wears gray at home at times), but to me, G'Town grey homes = Lakers yellow homes: iconic. Ewing in a grey uni with a heather grey tee underneath at home = Georgetown.

I never like G'town's white home unis as a result: when they first introduced them, it felt like a cop-out.

The Kentucky one was the only one I saw other than Texas, but Texas has had a grey alt for the last 3 seasons and way back in the 90s.

One thing I haven't been able to tell so far is how many sets Mizzou actually has. Of course they have the white and gold sets, but I can't tell if they have a black set as well as an anthracite one. I assume they only have 3, but I can't tell if the away is black or anthracite.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

One thing I haven't been able to tell so far is how many sets Mizzou actually has. Of course they have the white and gold sets, but I can't tell if they have a black set as well as an anthracite one. I assume they only have 3, but I can't tell if the away is black or anthracite.

3 and the other is black.

52-90200-F.jpg

52-90201-F.jpg

52-90202-F.jpg

3 and the other is black.

52-90200-F.jpg

52-90201-F.jpg

52-90202-F.jpg

Ah, thanks. It was hard to tell from the pictures they released back in April what it actually was.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Excuse me if this has been posted already.

The other day Michigan posted these photos on Facebook from picture day

251106_417490478300061_1627304469_n.jpg

420778_417490411633401_541485950_n.jpg

It is hard to see, but I think the fade is blue on one side and maize on the other. I'll have to see the rest, but that different color fade is going to bug me.

EDIT: Just saw the thread on these. My bad.

Archived