High School Football Uniforms 2012

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a shot of my alma mater, the Millard North Mustangs (Omaha, NE). This picture is against their in-town rival, Creighton Prep. CPHS is affiliated with Creighton University, for any of you March Madness fans.

One interesting element to Millard North's uniforms is the helmet. From a distance, it looks like a gray helmet with a white, lateral stripe. But in reality, the "stripe" is actually athletic tape. Years ago, a player's chin strap broke off during a game and he quickly taped it to the helmet to continue playing. Over time it became a tradition, and "taping the helmets" has become an MNHS staple, much like Notre Dame repainting their lids with actual flakes of gold.

p2233319-3.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I live in Springfield, IL. The catholic high school here, Sacred Heart-Griffin, won a Nike video contest last fall. They got to design their own Nike Pro Combat uniforms for this year. I still haven't seen any pictures of them yet though.

These are the new uniforms for the HS I graduated from in South Carolina. Small school of around 250 students, but always a strong sports school...they went to Nike and have Pro Combat unis for this season. I like the simplicity except I am not a fan of the drop shadow on numerals OR the use of black (school colors are just blue and white). The helmet has also been changed to white.

wedevils.jpg

And just wanted to throw this in there- but I have been painting the field artwork for about 12 years now. Started when I was around 15 and did everything freehanded with a can of spray paint. For the past 5 years, I have simplified and perfected my process by going to a grid system using marked off twine on the ground. Still paint with a can in the hand, though!

wedevilsfield.jpg

Here's a shot of my alma mater, the Millard North Mustangs (Omaha, NE). This picture is against their in-town rival, Creighton Prep. CPHS is affiliated with Creighton University, for any of you March Madness fans.

One interesting element to Millard North's uniforms is the helmet. From a distance, it looks like a gray helmet with a white, lateral stripe. But in reality, the "stripe" is actually athletic tape. Years ago, a player's chin strap broke off during a game and he quickly taped it to the helmet to continue playing. Over time it became a tradition, and "taping the helmets" has become an MNHS staple, much like Notre Dame repainting their lids with actual flakes of gold.

p2233319-3.jpg

That is pretty cool. The thing I like most about the picture is the helmet stripe for the PREP school they are playing. I never imagined what the Michigan helmet stripe would look like with closer together stripes. That looks really cool.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

My alma mater: Auburn High School, Alabama.

Reuben Foster (Consensus #2 High School player in the country)

F919272.jpg

They got these generic uniforms after I graduated a few years ago, but I absolutely love our helmet that we have had for a long time.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

11473294-standard.jpg

What's going on with the paint job on the guy on the left's helmet???

Michigan's helmets are yellow, then everything but the wings get painted blue. That's probably the same case here and a lot of the blue paint on the front had gotten chipped off throughout the year. Most high schools don't touch up their helmets throughout the year so by the end some helmets can look pretty rough.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's my former high school's (South Meck, Charlotte, NC) unis. Our mascot was the Sabres and this year the black helmet features a paw logo with no stripe but in the past has had a single red stripe with a stylized SM on the helmet to match the pants and jersey. We have 3 jerseys (white, red, black) and 4 pant (white, red, black and silver) options.

So far this season we've only worn all black so here's that:

vrcatholic-111.jpg

but this shows all the possible combinations (except black/black/red which has never been worn)

sm.jpg

Here's a mock-up of my high school's uniforms I did-

561697_278480658925113_1663638007_n.jpg

The away ones are new ( they are a throwback to when Jason Campbell played here), and we will probably get new home unis next year.

I'll post actual pictures as the season starts. (First home game is tonight, we play away next week.)

p2233319-3.jpg

That is pretty cool. The thing I like most about the picture is the helmet stripe for the PREP school they are playing. I never imagined what the Michigan helmet stripe would look like with closer together stripes. That looks really cool.

My big grip with Creighton Prep is the use of two blues - royal and navy. The jerseys aren't too bad with the two-blue stripe pattern, but the helmet has no royal blue whatsoever. The helmet seems disconnected from the rest of the set.

Then again, it's a high school, so whatever. Not the worst high school unis I've ever seen.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Marietta Blue Devils (Marietta, northwest Atlanta suburbs) have new uniforms for this year, at least home uniforms. I'll have snapshots after attending tonight's game vs. Newnan HS.

The new home uniforms are the same design WVU, Nevada and now San Diego State wears.

11473294-standard.jpg

What's going on with the paint job on the guy on the left's helmet???

Michigan's helmets are yellow, then everything but the wings get painted blue. That's probably the same case here and a lot of the blue paint on the front had gotten chipped off throughout the year. Most high schools don't touch up their helmets throughout the year so by the end some helmets can look pretty rough.

Right. It's pretty obvious when you look closely that it's just a case of the helmet paint coming off. St James is a smaller public school than Hahnville in a much smaller parish (county). Their budget is undoubtedly smaller and it's possible they won't touch up the paint until the official start of the season next week.

gYH2mW9.png

My alma mater, Hahnville High, had its preseason jamboree last night versus St James High. Hahnville is in the white in what would be, in my eyes, a perfect uniform set if they were to go with traditional helmet striping.

My aunt was a teacher at Hahnville until about 10 years ago. Small world.

As for my alma mater, Cinco Ranch (Katy, TX), here is a promotional pic taken with players for Cypress Ranch as they are playing each other at the Houston Dynamo's new stadium next week and it will be the first ever (American) football game played there. It looks like both teams are outfitted with the exact same cut of Missouri style Nike uniforms. The bottom is a pic of last year's road version.

m3339897.jpg

628x471.jpg

Archived