2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know where I could find their new logos/wordmarks?

They aren't up on sportslogos.net yet and I'd like to use them for a concept I plan on making.

Please pardon me if this should be in the request forums. If necessary, go ahead and move it.

Thanks!

I'm getting ready to do a series of blog posts regarding the new graphics for the 2013 MiLB season...however, here's a preview:

Primary Mark:

BuffaloBisons_PMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Home/Road Cap Mark:

BuffaloBisons_CAP0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Alt. 1 Cap Mark:

BuffaloBisons_CAP0201a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

BP Cap Mark:

BuffaloBisons_CAP0301a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Home Uniform Script:

BuffaloBisons_UNS0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

For some reason the Bison's legs look like a lady's in high heels, at least to me. Both it and the wordmark are unremarkable. Either way, hopefully the association with the Jays will bring them some more fans. I remember driving by the stadium one day on the way back home, looking at what I thought was an empty stadium, only to notice that the Bison's were in the middle of a game with what seemed like literally no more than 15 fans in the stands.

Introducing the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the independent American West Baseball League.

nogalesdesertghosts.jpg

dg-snake.300x234.png

Dare I say it, I think we're in Toledo Storm territory with these pieces of visual branding.

I dare say that looks full-on Canton Ice Patrol.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Let's just toss this into the "Worst Logos Ever" thread now to save us the trouble of doing it later.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 4 weeks later...

After playing three seasons - 2010, 2011 and 2012 - as the Pheasants, the Sioux Falls, South Dakota entry in the American Association is re-adopting the Canaries name that had graced the franchise in both the Northern League and American Association from 1993 to 2009.

Prior to the launch of the Northern League/American Association Canaries franchise, Sioux Falls-based minor-league baseball teams had played under the Canaries sobriquet for 21 seasons in the Iowa-South Dakota, Tri-State, Nebraska State, Western, and original Northern Leagues.

Despite how bad the Rockford Aviators logos are, they're still probably the best in the Frontier League, which is full of awful nicknames and logos.

I'd put at least the Evansville Otters, Joliet Slammers, Lake Erie Crushers, and Schaumburg Boomers ahead of the Rockford Aviators in terms of both names and logos. And while the team name be a mouthful, I'd even rank the Normal CornBelters' identity package better than the Rockford Aviators.

After playing three seasons - 2010, 2011 and 2012 - as the Pheasants, the Sioux Falls, South Dakota entry in the American Association is re-adopting the Canaries name that had graced the franchise in both the Northern League and American Association from 1993 to 2009.

Primary goes for "tough", ends up looking constipated or a bad high school yearbook photo:

TkZfNEC.jpg

But there's some nice stuff in the full logo set (seen here).

kU6ns.gif

Introducing the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the independent American West Baseball League.

nogalesdesertghosts.jpg

dg-snake.300x234.png

Dare I say it, I think we're in Toledo Storm territory with these pieces of visual branding.

Holy 90's, Batman!!!

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Primary goes for "tough", ends up looking constipated or a bad high school yearbook photo:

TkZfNEC.jpg

But there's some nice stuff in the full logo set (seen here).

It is nice, and the color scheme is gorgeous, although I think a lot of it is too corporate and insufficiently "sports".

One of what I presume to be their cap marks looks awfully familiar:

pMLB2-9852618dt.jpg

But if you're going to borrow, that's a great place to start.

Archived