2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

Oh, dear God. Oh, dear God no.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those might be the worst uniforms in any sport, of all time.

That being said, I SO wish I could be there to see them in person.

Like being on the set of "Plan 9 From Outer Space" when Ed Wood was filming.

No changes here, but I was hoping someone more local to the Delaware area could help me out on this topic. I picked up this cap the other day at lids here in Charleston (they had other teams/styles, but I picked this one to match a couple pink shirts I have in my wardrobe. Naturally, when I pick up a new hat, I like to get a little background on the team it represents, if only just a wee little bit. I know this team is the Wilmington Blue Rocks. On the mothership, it doesn't depict this logo, only one without the arm & baseball (and that was a throwback logo.) My question is, do you think New Era created this based on a cap worn at some point by the team, or just made a different logo just for THIS cap?

BlueRockshat_zps51a98063.jpg

Old logo for reference:

3wm2hvffbh6ym8uw8ivti8osw.gif

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

These are the jerseys the RiverDogs have been wearing on Friday nights. This continues the past couple year's tradition they have of wearing red jerseys on Friday nights. Numbers on the back match the wordmark on front. Navy letters, gold & white outlines. From any distance the numbers and wordmark are unreadable.

RiverdogsRedCamo_zps73e1ba83.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

No changes here, but I was hoping someone more local to the Delaware area could help me out on this topic. I picked up this cap the other day at lids here in Charleston (they had other teams/styles, but I picked this one to match a couple pink shirts I have in my wardrobe. Naturally, when I pick up a new hat, I like to get a little background on the team it represents, if only just a wee little bit. I know this team is the Wilmington Blue Rocks. On the mothership, it doesn't depict this logo, only one without the arm & baseball (and that was a throwback logo.) My question is, do you think New Era created this based on a cap worn at some point by the team, or just made a different logo just for THIS cap?

Old logo for reference:

I NEED this hat

Found this

Custom-New-Era-Hats-308_LRG.jpg

Are any other minor league teams sponsored by nike?

I believe the Richmond Flying Squirrels are one. Also, the Portland Beavers were outfitted by Nike in their last three seasons (2008-2010). Which made sense, given the location of Nike's headquarters in neighboring Beaverton.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I believe the Richmond Flying Squirrels are one. Also, the Portland Beavers were outfitted by Nike in their last three seasons (2008-2010). Which made sense, given the location of Nike's headquarters in neighboring Beaverton.

And prior to Nike supplying gear to the Beavers, they used Adidas. And ditto on the location thing...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

And prior to Nike supplying gear to the Beavers, they used Adidas. And ditto on the location thing...

are you sure about the richmond flying squirrels?

Chris-Heston-Richmond-Flying-Squirrels-Interview.jpg

seems stupid if they sqitched jersey manufacturers after 2 years.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Old logo for reference:

The logo from the Mothership is incorrect, IMO. I've got the majority of Blue Rocks graphics back to 2001, and have never seen the version without the arm.

The mark you're referring to was a Batting Practice Cap logo; there were (as far as I can tell) two different versions. I've got one from a 2005 logosheet, and another one from a 2007 sheet:

2005:

WilmingtonBlueRocks_CAP0401a_2005_SCC_SRGB.png

2007:

WilmingtonBlueRocks_CAP0401a_2007_SCC_SRGB.png

The Beavers did - they were originally supplied by Adidas, but jumped to Nike after either one or two years.

If you go to there team store on there website, most of there shirts and jackets are Nike

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I think Iowa in the Pacific Coast League needs to change its nickname. Why are they still called the Iowa Cubs? It's been more than 30 years and they still are calling them the "Cubs". They need to find something original and unique. I thought the Iowa Oaks (which was their team name before the Cubs) was very good. But no longer are Triple-A affiliates no longer need to use the same team name as their parent club, yet Iowa still does. If I were the owner of the team, I switch it in a heartbeat. Go back to Iowa Oaks or a new nickname. The Iowa Cubs nickname gets lamer and lamer every year.

Huge Cubs fanbase in Iowa. Ask any White Sox fan and they might even tell you that there are more Cubs fans in Iowa than in Chicago. :) They come to Wrigley by the busload.

Also tradition now. 30 years? You answered that one yourself. Minor-league affiliates don't normally have that kind of staying power with one MLB club, so those that do celebrate it. Back in the day a ton of clubs used their parent clubs' names. Iowa never changed because their affiliation didn't.

Archived