Very Big Team Logos at Sports Venues

Elwood

From Japan, Hiroshima Carp's "Huwahuwa(inflatable) Carp Boy":

carp1.JPG

I shouldn't have assumed this but I never knew any Japanese pro teams had grass infields. Every highlight or shot of baseball in Japan has been an all dirt infield. Makes it look much more like a MLB game when seeing it at a glance.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Japan, Hiroshima Carp's "Huwahuwa(inflatable) Carp Boy":

carp1.JPG

I shouldn't have assumed this but I never knew any Japanese pro teams had grass infields. Every highlight or shot of baseball in Japan has been an all dirt infield. Makes it look much more like a MLB game when seeing it at a glance.

There are only a few open air, natural grass fields left, most are domed and or have artificial turf. Natural grass infields became popular when people started seeing more MLB games while following their favorite player. I think every natural grass field once had all dirt infields.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

That is one of the nicest High School stadiums I have ever scene, and I live in Alabama there are some nice stadiums

Yeah Texas does it big. Here's a Houston area's district stadium, with a basketball arena in the back.

s01.png

My home state (Maryland) would never do anything like this for high school athletics. Hell, many of the newer schools opened in Maryland seemed to have went cheap on the athletic facilities.

Honestly, I like the idea of public schools in bigger cities pooling their money and getting one really nice stadium that can be rented out for other events in the offseason, rather than building on-campus facilities that won't be nearly as nice. Especially when most schools could probably put that space to better use.

Here in Milwaukee, only four of the 11 schools that play football even have their own facility, and they damn sure don't look like this!

I can't help but wonder what the school library or chemistry lab looks like at this school....

Science? That's the Devil's work! :P

That is one of the nicest High School stadiums I have ever scene, and I live in Alabama there are some nice stadiums

Yeah Texas does it big. Here's a Houston area's district stadium, with a basketball arena in the back.

s01.png

My home state (Maryland) would never do anything like this for high school athletics. Hell, many of the newer schools opened in Maryland seemed to have went cheap on the athletic facilities.

I can't help but wonder what the school library or chemistry lab looks like at this school....

Science? That's the Devil's work! :P

Leads to ideas like evolution, global warming and sustainable energy. Better to spend your money on personal seat licenses for the high school stadium. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2005-09-14-hs-seat-licenses_x.htm?csp=34

REBESC7686northext.jpg

That CFISD stadium, the Berry Center, is literally down the street from me. The stadium was built due to a few factors, one of which was for graduations since the district is one of the largest in Texas and we had to use a couple of other stadiums to usher out whole classes. This year, we'll have 112,003 students in the district.

It hosts outside events ranging from plays, concerts, political rallies, a branch of a mega church, basketball tournaments and used to host an AFL2 Team.

Right after they opened it, the recession hit and they had to cut bus services to any student within 2 miles of their school (useless there are highways or train tracks in the way). My kids had to walk the last 5 years or so.

BerryCenter3.jpg

REBESC7686northext.jpg

That CFISD stadium, the Berry Center, is literally down the street from me. The stadium was built due to a few factors, one of which was for graduations since the district is one of the largest in Texas and we had to use a couple of other stadiums to usher out whole classes. This year, we'll have 112,003 students in the district.

It hosts outside events ranging from plays, concerts, political rallies, a branch of a mega church, basketball tournaments and used to host an AFL2 Team.

Right after they opened it, the recession hit and they had to cut bus services to any student within 2 miles of their school (useless there are highways or train tracks in the way). My kids had to walk the last 5 years or so.

BerryCenter3.jpg

Kids have it too soft these days. I had to walk to school past Confederate snipers, sabretoothed cats and dinosaurs, uphill in the snow. Get off my lawn!

Token CFL post:

alternate.jpg

I was thinking of that one--although that picture distorts the actual view--there isn't a big curve like that in the actual stadium

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Token CFL post:

alternate.jpg

What an ugly Stadium.

It doesn't actually curve like that--this picture must eitehr be using a lens that curved the image or it was processed that way by software.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived