2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

This was the Ravens home opener last year... looks like they are wearing Purple to me.

20120910_ajl_ax1_058_extra_large_medium.

But that was a night game. When the Ravens play their home opener during the day, they usually wear white at home.

The Ravens wore white in the home opener against the Steelers in 2011. The September 11 game. http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=steelers+ravens+2011&assetType=image#9

My point is they have done both... you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other.

Ravens home opener 9/26/2010 vs. Browns and they wore Purple.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d81ad24bc/09000d5d81ad58b6

But you didn't say they've done both, you're going off of last year, and I was implying the opposite of what you said; "you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other". Which is why I showed you the other instance of what they did.

The Cleveland home opener in 2010 was a late September game. Where heat in most places in the country cools down by then.

Here are the games before 2010. The 2009 and 2008 home openers.

Chiefs game 2009 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=chiefs+ravens+2009&assetType=image#2

Bengals game 2008 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=bengals+ravens+2008#4

The Ravens will wear purple jerseys this week vs Browns

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/game/2013/regular2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question will be with Kelly now in charge and with him coming from Oregon, if the Eagles finally reintroduce the one look I have been asking for....green jerseys and green pants. Its one of the looks in the NFL that has been missing in recent years that would look really good.

Here it is in action (jump to 1:28). They did it one other time against the Redskins and haven't done it since

I'm just not a big fan of throwbacks which are effectively just dropping the helmet logo and changing the color of the numbers, but YMMV

The Bears throwbacks are pretty much just dumbed down versions of their home uniforms. I'd rather they just go with the orange alternates. The best option would just be to go without any alternate since their regular uniforms are great already, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm just not a big fan of throwbacks which are effectively just dropping the helmet logo and changing the color of the numbers, but YMMV

The Bears throwbacks are pretty much just dumbed down versions of their home uniforms. I'd rather they just go with the orange alternates. The best option would just be to go without any alternate since their regular uniforms are great already, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

The best throwback would be the 1930's Nagurski white jersey/navy pants combo. The helmet had 3 orange stripes and the jersey stripes mimicked the current white but the stripe pattern repeated on the shoulder yoke. It would fit the nike template perfectly. Then you had the blue and orage hooped socks to complete the look.

SEwTV4u.jpg

Ugh. Did wear even wear white at home 1964-1970? I hate this. Not to mention that the current uniforms are based off of this set. I get that we wore our AFL Championships in these, but they're just too similar to the currents to do any good. Didn't we prove that the white throwbacks are historically inaccurate too?

spacer.png

The question will be with Kelly now in charge and with him coming from Oregon, if the Eagles finally reintroduce the one look I have been asking for....green jerseys and green pants. Its one of the looks in the NFL that has been missing in recent years that would look really good.

Here it is in action (jump to 1:28). They did it one other time against the Redskins and haven't done it since

I'll add pics of both times they wore it to make it easier.....can't say I ever liked it.

44717b6028ef3f441d9583362b747e88.jpg

d44e87a88ca6caaad9211722e83b78ef.jpg

A while ago, I heard that KC was considering wearing white and forcing Dallas to wear blue. Don't think it's happening, though.

Do you have a source?

As far as that goes, here is one from the Cowboys site. http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Notes-New-Harness-For-Mo-LB-Out-HOF-Rings-Jerseys--More/39f457fb-aea0-4694-8544-6621530ff496

The Cowboys will once again wear their traditional white jerseys in this game against the Chiefs. In the past, Andy Reid-coached teams have worn white early in the season, mainly for heat purposes.

However, the Chiefs will wear their red jerseys Sunday in the home opener and home debut for Reid.

The Cowboys will only wear their blue jerseys once this year – Sept. 28 at San Diego.

Maybe this has already been covered, I don't know, but has anyone else notices that the Bengals use a "toilet seat"-like collar still after all other teams eliminated them? Like this:

1350_cincinnati_bengals-road-2012.png

(closest to what I saw on ESPN)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Maybe this has already been covered, I don't know, but has anyone else notices that the Bengals use a "toilet seat"-like collar still after all other teams eliminated them? Like this:

1350_cincinnati_bengals-road-2012.png

(closest to what I saw on ESPN)

Correction. Not ALL teams have eliminated them.

They've been using that since Nike came along last year

512x.jpg

Go A's!

The more I see the Cowboys wearing the boring white jerseys, and whatever you call it nauseated green blue pants, the more I dislike them. Maybe if they wear the dark blue uniforms (aka their "home" jerseys) more often, especially at home, I might respect them a little bit more.

Didn't the Cowboys used to have the 'Cowboys' thing on the center of the neck at one point? It's only on the blue jersey. And yeah, the blue jersey is pretty cool. Since 2010, they've only worn it once a season on the road when the home team forced them to. In the case of 2010, they didn't wear the road blues at all.

Archived