Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

Not sure if anyone here is from Windsor, Ontario but the new thrift shop on Tecumseh and McDougall always has some pretty good stuff. About 2 weeks ago they had about 4 mint condition football jerseys, only problem is they were all XXL, so it looked like some dude lost some weight and cleaned out his closet lol...but they had an orange Dolphins Ricky Williams, Bengals black, broncos blue, panthers black, not sure of players. Also saw a Man U Ronaldo jersey, and a Tigers Prince Fielder jersey shirt. All 6 bucks. Also a San Jose Sharks wall clock with the old logo. Probably 3 bucks.

sig.png

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Buffaslug is still $100? That doesn't seem right.

Doesn't seem right to me either. I swear I saw one on ebay the other night going for about $50 or $60.

that's what I was thinking. I checked the tag and it was $100 (origianally like $140 i think it said). And i thought that was wayyy over priced for 1, a jersey that the team doesn't use anymore, and 2, a horrible looking jersey. But I guess the guy running the store (who seemed kind of clueless) had no idea the notoriety of that jersey. If i go back later this week, I'll take a pic of the price tag

Not sure if anyone here is from Windsor, Ontario but the new thrift shop on Tecumseh and McDougall always has some pretty good stuff. About 2 weeks ago they had about 4 mint condition football jerseys, only problem is they were all XXL, so it looked like some dude lost some weight and cleaned out his closet lol...but they had an orange Dolphins Ricky Williams, Bengals black, broncos blue, panthers black, not sure of players. Also saw a Man U Ronaldo jersey, and a Tigers Prince Fielder jersey shirt. All 6 bucks. Also a San Jose Sharks wall clock with the old logo. Probably 3 bucks.

The XXL Prince Fielder jersey might be a game used jersey.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I find that this Thread is a lot of fun and I really like that this Thread doesn't have the arguments that some of them do. This is definitely my favorite Thread on this site by a Country Mile. Anyways, I've been following this Thread since about December and finally, I have a "Gem" of my own. I bought a Canucks Jersey for $35 at a Flea Market. :3

I find that this Thread is a lot of fun and I really like that this Thread doesn't have the arguments that some of them do. This is definitely my favorite Thread on this site by a Country Mile. Anyways, I've been following this Thread since about December and finally, I have a "Gem" of my own. I bought a Canucks Jersey for $35 at a Flea Market. :3

Oh geez. Don't tell us it's a knockoff......

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

^ Which style, out of curiosity?

Believe it or not, it is actually their current road jersey with Naslund on the back.

My jersey is 100% real. I would never buy a counterfeit. Counterfeit jerseys are a huge Pet Peeve of mine.

Scored a Toronto Maple Leafs Starter jersey (Size XL, white home), the ones they wore from 1992 - 1997. - $15 for it, had a lot of stains but after I just finished cleaning it, it looks incredible. Such a beautiful jersey! And this is coming from a Habs fan...

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

^ Which style, out of curiosity?

Believe it or not, it is actually their current road jersey with Naslund on the back.

My jersey is 100% real. I would never buy a counterfeit. Counterfeit jerseys are a huge Pet Peeve of mine.

Good to hear. :) Believe it or not, Nazzy wore that style for only one year, his last with the Canucks.

Scored a Toronto Maple Leafs Starter jersey (Size XL, white home), the ones they wore from 1992 - 1997. - $15 for it, had a lot of stains but after I just finished cleaning it, it looks incredible. Such a beautiful jersey! And this is coming from a Habs fan...

I have that same jersey, just in size large, is all. :)

UBwef0L.png

Haven't taken any pics but got a Hamilton Tiger-Cats jersey in this style at Vallue Village today $12. Mine has screened on old tiger logo and stripes; name and numbers sewn on (Bernie Ruoff - punter/kicker from the 80s); my jersey is mesh and made by Saxon.

Bernie-Ruoff-1987.jpg

Bernie-Ruoff-Hamilton-Tiger-Cats-1984.jp

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I usually don't have the greatest luck when it comes to thrifting but a couple recent trips to my local Value Village netted me some pretty cool finds for $6.99 each. I got a 2006 World Cup Cote d'Ivoire Didier Drogba jersey and a 2012 Summer Olympics Great Britain jersey. Both look brand new!

soccerjerseys_zps1eefbcf1.jpg

While it was not a thrift shop, (sorry), my parents bought for me an old Wilson 1970s Mark "The Bird" Fidrych model glove at an estate sale. They also bought two old hockey sticks with flat blades (I'm guessing they're from sometime between the 1950s-1970s). One of the hockey sticks was made by Sher-Wood and the other was made by Northland.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Black jersey is not the one I have, but yes it does have a picture of the helmet on the sleeve.

Here's another pic with a white Ottawa jersey showing the helmet on the sleeve:

Jim-Reid-Ottawa-Rough-Riders-1986-5.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Just had a browse round a local TK Maxx, they had a ton of great stuff. A load of football (soccer to to you Yanks) shirts from last season, a 1985-86 Karl Malone Jazz jersey and a shedload of Mitchell & Ness NBA T shirts. After much searching, I managed to find the only Hornets T in the shop - my size, an' all! A great find, especially since I almost bought the same T online 2 days ago for £30 - got it in TK's for £13!

Archived