Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No photos, as I'm in phone, but I stopped in at my local Value Village today. They were having a 50% off sale for super savers club card members, so I figured it was worth looking into. No jerseys or anything, but I did score an absolutely mint Adidas Russian national soccer team track jacket. For half the tagged price, it was totally worth it. Gonna toss it up on eBay tomorrow and see if there are any takers.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Sadly, all I've found this month is a Seattle Mariners mid 1990s BP jersey (navy w/two buttons at the neck, in other words, a henley pullover) for $4 @ Value Village's half-off sale today. Better than nothing.......

UBwef0L.png

Twins had a "yard sale" this weekend. Got two team issued jerseys for $25 each. Bobby Lanigan and Mike McCardell. How much would those retail for? Over $200?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

I picked an XL Nike Packer home jersey for $21 at the outlet in Johnson Creek. No name, no numbers. Just a blank jersey.

They also had three styles of RGIII jerseys for the same price. Home, road, and this year's throwback.

It's where I sit.

Burlington Coat Factory in Salem, OR

Had a large "Chris Leak" orange Florida replica jersey #1 no name on back for $20

Didn't get it, hate the Gators, didn't want it in my house.

Huh... I *never* think to check Burlington. Is it even worth my time? I'll often hit up Ross and TJ Maxx since they're both close to each other downtown.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Had a large "Chris Leak" orange Florida replica jersey #1 no name on back for $20

Huh... I *never* think to check Burlington. Is it even worth my time? I'll often hit up Ross and TJ Maxx since they're both close to each other downtown.

I rarely bother. Then again, the one nearest me is awful and one of the most disorganized stores I've ever set foot in. A few years ago I heard of a lot of people finding nice Reebok NFL and M&N stuff at Burlington, but I never saw anything.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If you are ever by the Lancaster Mall I guess it's worth a look. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Not a thrift shop, but I took a rare trip into Philly today for something to do. Mitchell & Ness had its annual 50% off everything sale. There was a line just to get into the store, and some people had arm-fulls of jerseys. I just picked up a Detroit Lions hat and some socks.

Not so much a thrift store find, but an eBay find: I found an older Everett Aquasox cap for $11.50 after shipping; the seller was near me, hence the instantaneous delivery (I ordered it in the wee hours of the morning today).

UBwef0L.png

Found the July 4th DE hats at the sporting goods store I work at for $9 each. Nice buys but still not too fond of the DE hats..

IMG_78531_zpsfbaaf7d7.jpg

Considering the hats and your avatar, I'm guessing you're in the DC area. What store do you work at, if I may please ask?

Modell's Sporting Goods. When I looked on Wednesday, there were only a few left. Haven't been in the Team Apparel section since to see what was left.

Another amazing find: A Hiroshima Toyo Carp cap (from the Central League of Nippon Pro Baseball, and adjustable) for $5! It could, however, pass as a 1980s-era Cincinnati reds cap (the two caps are similar in their designs).

UBwef0L.png

Archived