NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Shabazz.BuHudFiCMAAbmWp.jpg

I guess they couldn't get the updated jersey for the Heat for this shoot because the logoman is still on the front.

Who's court is that?

Looks like it should be the Knicks' floor. [Correction: it's the MSG Training Facility in Tarrytown, N.Y., according to this 2012 Beckett article: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/08/photo-gallery-2012-nba-rookie-photo-shoot/]

Poor Shabazz.BuHudFiCMAAbmWp.jpg

I guess they couldn't get the updated jersey for the Heat for this shoot because the logoman is still on the front.

Who's court is that?

Looks like it should be the Knicks' floor. [Correction: it's the MSG Training Facility in Tarrytown, N.Y., according to this 2012 Beckett article: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/08/photo-gallery-2012-nba-rookie-photo-shoot/]
Thanks

I know Byron Scott counted 17 during his press conference the other day but I believe the Lakers should be on 16 and not count the 1947 NBL title.

It probably shouldn't count if the ABA titles don't count. Maybe there's some technical difference regarding whether they were true mergers.

"Boston" should have been put on the roads years ago. :censored:, it should never have been taken off.

Probably right but I hate to see a change to what I grew up seeing Bird wear. It's definitely the wrong time to make a change, the new roads will become associated with losing instead of reminding us of the Cousy/Russell era. It'll probably be more reminiscent of the Cousy/Macauley era where they couldn't get over the hump.

so in this new add for adidas, they are wearing replica jerseys and authentic shorts ! ?.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRmUDX99BU

"BOOST Changes Everything" Feat. Derrick Rose and Damian Lillard | adidas Basketball 2014

So are they going to prop up the Lakers and count the Minnesota titles and NBL title as 17 to make them look equal to the Celtics?

I guess if that's the precedent, that means the Browns have 8 titles instead of 4, so that's cool.

...Oh here we go...

I know Byron Scott counted 17 during his press conference the other day but I believe the Lakers should be on 16 and not count the 1947 NBL title.

16 for the Lakers

BuSEou7IgAAEu3Z.jpg

90758391980.gif

So are they going to prop up the Lakers and count the Minnesota titles and NBL title as 17 to make them look equal to the Celtics?

I guess if that's the precedent, that means the Browns have 8 titles instead of 4, so that's cool.

...Oh here we go...

16 for the Lakers

BuSEou7IgAAEu3Z.jpg

Am I the only one that finds these gold tabs incredibly tacky? adidas really needed to find a more elegant solution along the lines of the soccer stars. This just does not look right and the "#X" numbering system just seems too casual and unprofessional...it an abbreviation that's better suited for email communication rather than a formal accounting system to commemorate championships.

I wouldnt call it tacky, no. I think it's a neat way to commemorate the titles and a bit more interesting than soccer stars.

But I do think the "X" is probably unnecessary. You could just have the trophy with the number next to it and you get the point.

Of course the patches are tacky. They're supposed to be. They are supposed to catch your attention, leading to people running out to grab a new jersey just so they can have that patch, then buying a new jersey the year after their team wins a title. Will anybody actually buy new jerseys just for this patch? Maybe a dozen or so people.

What should the NBA do to uniforms to commemorate titles? Not a damn thing. The NBA somehow survived 68 seasons without teams commemorating titles on their uniforms. They shouldn't start now just because Adidas makes soccer uniforms and that's what soccer teams do. Also, soccer blows.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Of course the patches are tacky. They're supposed to be. They are supposed to catch your attention, leading to people running out to grab a new jersey just so they can have that patch, then buying a new jersey the year after their team wins a title. Will anybody actually buy new jerseys just for this patch? Maybe a dozen or so people.

What should the NBA do to uniforms to commemorate titles? Not a damn thing. The NBA somehow survived 68 seasons without teams commemorating titles on their uniforms. They shouldn't start now just because Adidas makes soccer uniforms and that's what soccer teams do. Also, soccer blows.

real hard

They always do in Adidas ads so they can include the logos on the uniforms.

right, so i am surprised they did not wear replica shorts as well.....................atleast the adidsa logo is not on real jerseys and shorts

If soccer blows why is the association trying so hard to mimic it?

Soccer blowing doesn't mean it's not extremely popular in other countries. I remember reading of Silver's imbecilic idea of a mid-season tournament, but to my knowledge that's the only way the NBA has discussed trying so hard to mimic anything non-visual about soccer. Why has the NBA introduced sleeved jerseys and a championship patch? I think it's pretty obvious those soccer influences come from Adidas. So, the NBA deferred to supposed authority in this case, and Adidas's "title stars = jersey sales" formula is eerily similar to Nike's formula measuring how much faster and sweat wick-ier their jerseys are are.

Also, soccer blows.

God, you're obnoxious.

Cool story, bro. Feel free to ignore.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Soccer blowing doesn't mean it's not extremely popular in other countries. I remember reading of Silver's imbecilic idea of a mid-season tournament, but to my knowledge that's the only way the NBA has discussed trying so hard to mimic anything non-visual about soccer. Why has the NBA introduced sleeved jerseys and a championship patch? I think it's pretty obvious those soccer influences come from Adidas. So, the NBA deferred to supposed authority in this case, and Adidas's "title stars = jersey sales" formula is eerily similar to Nike's formula measuring how much faster and sweat wick-ier their jerseys are are.

Also, soccer blows.

God, you're obnoxious.

Cool story, bro. Feel free to ignore.

What a crotchety rant. All I know is Bird, McHale, Parish, Magic, Jordan, Barkley and your other favorite stars of a bygone era aren't walking through that door anytime soon. The nba sure as hell seems to be committed to evolving their brand on and off the court and seem to be looking toward the international sporting market for ideas. At this point who knows if it's a good idea or not.

Archived