All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. FC Cincinnati got fortunate with semi-good weather in their first game against Portland, which was a magical experience, but their last 3 home games have been either cold or cold and rainy. I'm still waiting for a nice night to get to Nippert Stadium. You could say I'm a fairweather fan.
  3. It's all good, I'll be setting up the drive as soon as I can and I look forward to seeing what people come up with!
  4. Sorry, man. I wasn’t trying to hijack. I just wanted to try and add some personality to the teams and the league and I felt this was the place to do it. I know a Google Drive was mentioned, but I’m assuming now you want to be the one to make it.
  5. Better look at those uniforms here.
  6. Introducing the London Royals. Northeast Division, North conference. Refers to the monarchical government of the United Kingdom. Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.
  7. Sorry for the delay real life (and completing my 28th season of High School Baseball umpiring this past week). I have fields for the Denver Gold and the 1983 Championship game (Also in Denver) About ready. Then i will move on to Jacksonville and Memphis.
  8. Reminscent of Fluery botching Nick Foligno's soft OT shot in 2014
  9. Just all the standard thrift stores - Salvation Army, Goodwill, Savers, etc... from what I've heard, garage sales are 10x better, I'm gonna start checking those out this spring
  10. I've got a Caps jersey with a nacho cheese stain that has been holding on for years. It's on the stitched logo on the front. Any recommendations? It's not a terrible stain at this point, but its one of those things that I always notice.
  11. Maybe my TV or cable quality is crap, but black on red (without a number outline) is borderline illegible. The Portland set yesterday reminds me of the diamondbacks dark grey and maroon set. It just doesn't work. Nike has been in love with no outlines for awhile. It's cool up close and for the refs, but TV viewers have been suffering with Nike choices for years now. I miss the Rasheed Wallace era of oversized white numbers on their road blacks. I know those jerseys exist but lately in all of the biggest games, these teams are wearing gimmicky jerseys that change the next year. Here's a thought. If something significant happens in a one off, maybe make it a mainstay product? I don't think I'd be so against some of these combos If there was some valid historical context.
  12. Today
  13. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think they are the best looking pinstripe team. Good-looking classic? Yes. I think the Cubs and Mets look better. I would add the Rockies too if they removed the front number.
  14. It looks like monogram (or maybe just a C?), Brownie, and then another monogram on the bottom.
  15. Browns showed an extended clip (about 10 min into this episode) of Baker, Jarvis and OBJ seeing the new uniforms. They don't seem to excited, but some interesting things I noticed. OBJ definitely says "all-orange" after seeing the new color rush set. Also looks to be some new logos out of focus on the left at about 10:18. Obviously we can't make out what they are, but they seem like simple one color designs. Maybe monograms? The middle one looks like it might have some white in it, so it could be a modernized elf or something? Either way I'm encouraged because I don't see anything that looks like a helmet logo.
  16. Which skyline would you like me to use, lol?
  17. Hit the jackpot this past week, including an official NFL game ball signed by Drew Bledsoe for $10
  18. Ok. Must have been the filtervthey used that threw me off.
  19. Hey guys, just wanted to address the issue of thread hijacking. I've created fictional sports leagues before, in fact I have a hockey league I've been playing on the EA NHL series since 2004, but I've pretty much only enjoyed those on my own or with a buddy or two. What has made this more fun than anything else I've done is having actual fans who not only follow the league as a project, but actually support favorite teams. For that reason I've always allowed the community to have input as fans. Posting about fan traditions, stories and memories, and of course participating in the Expansion committee (a great idea I got from @Veras and the AFA) are all ways that followers can interact to make it more fun. There is a line, however. @Crazy Rider, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the league, but I will ask you to refrain from making comments about the teams themselves unless it has already been established as fact somewhere in the story. You can create stories about Shamrocks' fans and their memories of the '83 run for example, but although it hasn't been mentioned much, the team does already have a slogan in the locker room; "We Are Green" is based on a quote from Fred Garfield back in the '50s when the team refused to wear white jerseys. It may not have even been mentioned at all, but I have details like this filed away for future use. PHL followers can have a big impact on the league. There are team names, logos, and even franchises that exist because of PHL fans. Before I started the project I ran through the entire visual history (mainly just logos and uniforms) first to map out the timeline. I still have it and it looks drastically different from the PHL now. This is because of fan input. The league is a lot better than originally planned because people following this thread have had great ideas and for the most part, have been very respectful of my vision for the project. I just ask the same of anyone joining in now. If you ever have suggestions, feel free to PM me or you can ask on the boards and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!
  20. Not on these new uniforms. All single color outlines. And it's white outlines on the orange jersey.
  21. There's gold in there. Those numbers have had gold trim for a while.
  22. I don't think there's any gold on any uniform. Just white outlines on the orange jersey, and a white swoosh on the black pants.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?