All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The other issue I have is the schedule. Why not start after March Madness? This way it gives football fans 6 weeks off after a long NFL season to possibly watch football again.
  3. I was pleasantly surprised when the Milwaukee Bucks announced their new uniforms back in 2015. Easy on the eyes with distinguishable wordmarks, numerals and a very much minimalistic direction. Nike has since its NBA deal back in '17 have pushed a minimalistic/clean approach for each team even though the rebranded Bucks first appeared under previous contract with Adidas. Since then there has been some small revisions to the uniforms, for the better if you ask me. While I actually enjoyed the green and red(way too bright) uniforms the Bucks wore, the rebranded uniforms are by far an admirable upgrade. Now, I am not a fan of cream. One of the reasons why is that cream isnt too far off gold; basically reminds me too much of the amazing St Patricks uniforms the Celtics used to wear(this excludes the sleeved jersey amboinations). The other reason, which is by far the most valid one, is that the usage of cream appears very much off white. I understand the “Cream City” association and it is very clever but the colour just gives off this passive and nostalgic feeling which I don’t really care for in general. As the majority of fans were beyond pleased I kept the cream for these concepts. Then we arrive at the colour choice of blue. I can understand it as blue represents the rivers of Wisconsin and Lake Michigan but it clashes very much against the whole - even though it’s a tiny part of the makeup of the uniforms. Black also felt out of place so I removed both blue and black from the equation. I remember reading the piece ESPN made on D&C way back and it mentioned that the designers were not able to use the preferred green they wanted as the deadline simply came to fast. Inspired by this quote, I have made the green a bit darker - more forest-y if you will. As I have removed blue and black, I needed a replacement colour. If you have read my previous posts, you would be very much aware of my opinion that the NBA is oversatured with too much of the same colours. I went with brown - a colour which I have yet to see in the NBA. I feel it was an appropriate choice of colour as it reflects Wisconsin’s forest and woodland, only adding to the Bucks brand. I flirted with the idea of drop shadow but it ended up looking a bit too much like the Sixers/Lakers for my taste. The side panels are kept in place, only replaced with brown and slightly rearranged for the association and icon. I also complemented the side panels by filling out the side pattern on the shorts to give the uniform a continuity since it looked empty without something there, inside the piping. The statement edition is just a simple recolouring of the 2017 edition. Brown dominates the uniform with cream and dark green contrasts. I think it looks kinda cool. I’ve also reversed the player name and numeral on the back as I thought it added a little pop to the uniform. I don’t mean to offend any Bucks fans on this site but the slogan “Fear The Deer” just doesn’t work for me! I’ve been on quite a lot of hunts in my life and under no circumstance has a deer ever felt intimidating to me. The new Bucks logo is fierce, wild and focused - almost like a beast, like Eikthyrnir. I really wanted to add a different slogan above the jock tag to reflect this. The replacement slogan came to me while binge watching Game of Thrones. House Baratheon uses a stag as their sigil and their slogan is “Ours is the Fury” and I just thought it was a decent upgrade from the current one. All comments and criticsms are greatly appreciated! Milwaukee Bucks Association Uniform Concept Milwaukee Bucks Icon Uniform Concept Milwaukee Bucks Statement Uniform Concept
  4. alternate timeline, Expos modern day 2019 World Series contenders
  5. Seattle Slammin’ Salmon.
  6. When the Astros were in the NL Central, they were with three other teams in the Central time zone, and the other two teams were in the Eastern time zone. It's easier to watch a game that starts at 6 p.m. Central time (the time most games played in Eastern time zone start) than games that start at 9 p.m. Central time (the time most games played in Pacific time zone start). I'm sorry, but when a team triples the amount of games it plays in a time zone two hours behind the one where the majority of its fans reside, it's not an improvement for the fans of that franchise. I don't really care about what's good for baseball when the team I care about is playing 17-20 road games per year at 9 p.m. back home. Throw in the fact that I enjoyed the Astros playing the Reds, Cubs and Cardinals more than I enjoy them playing the Angels, Mariners and A's. If the Astros had to move West (again, not ideal), I would have preferred they stay in the NL. At least then, they would have been playing the Dodgers, Padres and Giants. I don't even care about some supposed rivalry with the Rangers. Both teams have to be good for that to matter in a state where football reigns supreme. Both teams have been good once in the same season (the Rangers were the better team from 2013 to '16, the Astros from '17 to present). But I'm an old guy who misses the playoffs consisting of only division winners and who doesn't like the designated hitter. So don't mind me.
  7. Bitch Pigeons is a meme that people nicked from the NFL fandom. There, it's used to mock whiny Seahawks fans. Here, it's essentially become the Boaty McBoatface of Seattle names.
  8. Somehow I'm just hearing of the Bitch Pigeons.
  9. This is the same guy who wanted a 2nd season of the original XFL. We get at least 2 seasons out of this iteration as long as Vince is still alive. If only to sate his ego.
  10. I disagree. Get a better team name and I'll be a fan. At least they're trying to be unique unlike most colleges.
  11. With the XFL, he doesn't interfere and when he doesn't it does well. We'll see though.
  12. Binnington's throwback mask has easily become my favourite goalie mask this season, and we haven't even seen it on the ice yet.
  13. To finish up the ECC, we head to Utica. The Utica State Buccaneers have, with the exception of the addition of a red jersey and addition of the name on the back, had the same look since day 1 of the football program. Utica State University Location: Utica, New York Type: Public University Founded: 1945 Major Rivals: Central New York, Bronx
  14. I’m just happy it isn’t Totems. MOD EDIT
  15. Today
  16. As a Rainy City Bitch Pigeons fan, that just makes me laugh now. As for the NHL team, going with Kraken is a terrible idea. It reeks of minor league. I personally think it will be Sockeyes but i'm betting on me being wrong about that too.
  17. I imagine that's just due to the application on the items themselves. If it's anything similar to the B-Devils' alternate logo, I expect it'll have the team colors in it.
  18. 2,1,3 The sword as the stripe is a great idea
  19. I've always despised the Kraken name; people talk mad crap about Sockeyes, but nothing screams "beer league tryhard cool name" of the proposed candidates harder than a team named the "Seattle Kraken". It's almost roller hockey-esque. It's the Bitch Pigeons of the actual listed names; a meme that's spiraled out of control and looped from being funny right into being annoying. Though at least Kraken isn't a meme copied from NFL fans.
  20. Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the three options, but my order of preference would be 1, 3, 2. I’ve seen a few concepts drop pewter but still emphasize red and it just doesn’t do it for me. Granted, it still looks good above and wouldn’t be a bad option, but in my opinion, if you’re going to drop pewter, go all in on the creamsicle
  21. If you know it Oregon you are watching then maybe, but for the most people, they wouldn't know the team because there are not unique markers on their uniforms that say we are the Ducks....the horrideous wings on the helmet, the plain jersey, the plain pants and not visual identity other than the "O" on the back helmet screens PeeWee football to me.
  22. TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red
  23. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-21/fries-with-those-season-tickets-49ers-try-a-new-business-model
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?