Expos get a banner after all.....

DEAD!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fitting tribute to a team that could have shocked the world in 1994 but could'nt because of the damn strike.

Some people forget that the Montreal Expos were Canada's baseball team untill the Blue Jays won their 2 titles.

Good for the Canadiens to pay homage to their city's sport bretheren.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Eh, well, I'll stick to my opinion, regardless of its unpopularity.

The Expos are dead, and were killed off by Montreal. So, then, after they finally move (a few years later than they should have), the wildly popular and successful--everything the Expos weren't--hockey team puts a banner in their arena "honouring" the team's existence?! Irony, irony, you've got a call on line two.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Personally, I think that's pretty damn cool. I am afraid of the precedent this may set, but, whatever.

Also saw this pic on yahoo...

capt.xpch10810190140.canadiens_bruins_xpch108.jpg

Dawson and Carter... Ah, the memories!

Yes!! The Hawk! :notworthy:

6uXNWAo.png

The Expos are dead, and were killed off by Montreal.  So, then, after they finally move (a few years later than they should have), the wildly popular and successful--everything the Expos weren't--hockey team puts a banner in their arena "honouring" the team's existence?!  Irony, irony, you've got a call on line two.

That's what I though at first. If the city really wanted to hounour the Expos, they should have gone to the games. You don't see the LA Kings put up a banner for the Rams do you?

Despite that, I remembered the Expos wearing a '9' patch in honour of Maurice "Rocket" Richard. Perhaps, in some cruel way, the Habs wanted to honour the Expos as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Expos are dead, and were killed off by Montreal.  So, then, after they finally move (a few years later than they should have), the wildly popular and successful--everything the Expos weren't--hockey team puts a banner in their arena "honouring" the team's existence?!  Irony, irony, you've got a call on line two.

Would you go to games if the new owners always gave up your best players for nothing?

Classy move to have Youppi with the Habs. And a powder blue banner? Nice!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived