New Premier League Logo?

Rampart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the clickably challenged ... ^_^

premierleague.jpg

Nice find, Rampart. And I really dig this new logo. There were mentions of the Premiership changing up the name and number fonts next season. Perhaps this is a league-wide overhaul and a bit of a preview as to what we'll get?

masthead.jpg

I like it a lot.

Don't know that it's so surprising - EPL clubs routinely unveil new logos in the middle of a season. When Chelsea won the League two seasons ago, all their championship merchandise featured the new crest, which they didn't wear at all during the season.

And considering that they don't sell any merchandise with the Premier League logo, there's really no reason to wait.

For me, on the other hand, I'll now wait until next season to order my shirt with EPL badges, if they're wearing the new lion next year.

premierleague.jpg

Nice find, Rampart. And I really dig this new logo. There were mentions of the Premiership changing up the name and number fonts next season. Perhaps this is a league-wide overhaul and a bit of a preview as to what we'll get?

Darn it, you just beat me!

You might be right about the view of things to come - I sure hope so. I've never liked the EPL numbering, and this new logo gives me lots of hope for the new letters.

Here's another iteration - maybe the sleeve patch will be more like this?

hp_pl_logo.jpg

EDIT: and just for comparison, here's the old one:

sports-barclays.jpg

The more I look at the new logo, the more I love it. Well done, boys.

premierleague.jpg

Darn it, you just beat me!

You might be right about the view of things to come - I sure hope so. I've never liked the EPL numbering, and this new logo gives me lots of hope for the new letters.

Here's another iteration - maybe the sleeve patch will be more like this?

hp_pl_logo.jpg

EDIT: and just for comparison, here's the old one:

sports-barclays.jpg

The more I look at the new logo, the more I love it. Well done, boys.

Hmmm ... looking at the old logo, I just realized the new one makes no mention of Barclays. Perhaps they're dropping them as a sponsor? Or ? less likely ? dropping the league sponsor altogether? Although I suppose a sponsor's name or logo could easily be added in later.

Hmmm ... looking at the old logo, I just realized the new one makes no mention of Barclays. Perhaps they're dropping them as a sponsor? Or ? less likely ? dropping the league sponsor altogether? Although I suppose a sponsor's name or logo could easily be added in later.

I think that's likely - the previous logo was seen with and without the sponsor name/logo.

FA_Premier_League.png

What's interesting to me is that it no longer says "The Official Website of the FA Premier League." That's new.

What's the difference between the Premier League and Barclay's Premiership?

Nothing at all. All different names for the same organization. The name is used interchangeably with and without the sponsor (based on who's using it). "Premiership" is also used to refer to it, and was the original proposed name, dating from the days in which they weren't sure if they could use the word "League" (since it was originally a spinoff group of the Football League). They were able to use League, but "Premiership" continues to be used as an alternate name.

The Premier League as an entity has always had its own identity independent of the primary sponsor. Carling lager was the original sponsor from '93 - '01, followed by the Barclaycard credit card for three years and then by the larger brand of Barclays since 2004.

This identity is an EXCELLENT redesign. It's simultaneously regal and intimidating.

Barclays is the league title sponsor through the 2011-12 season IIRC

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I like this new guy. More likely Barclays would be included below the new lion, just the wordmark, no ball or company eagle. Then Premier League written below it. Just a hunch if they actually do change it up. Or this could be just a website change. Hopefully if they change number fonts it will be something better than what the lower leagues wear. Certain numbers are hard to read.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

You could be right. They do share an aesthetic.

This is a beautiful new update - if they go with that typeface for the name and numbers for each premier league club, I'll be very, very happy

I couldn't agree more.

I might actually buy an Arsenal shirt with EPL numbers, instead of Champions League....

Archived