AFL 50th Season-versary Logo

Pharos04

Hey, found this through a link on uniwatch talking about the Titans and their plans for the AFL celebration this year

AFL Anniversary Logo

Here's a thing i came up with that shows all 9 of the Anniversary Logos:

AFLAnniversaryLogos.png

And here are the team specifc ones

AFL East:

Boston/New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

New York Titans/Jets

Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans

AFL West:

Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers

Oakland Raiders

Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs

Denver Broncos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you could say this is the 50th anniversary, as the AFL was announced in 1959. It just didn't start playing until 1960. If you want to be anal about it, that is.

50th season, actually. The NFL was formed in 1920, so their 75th season was 1994, not 1995.

That Raiders logo should be considered false advertising. Commitment To Excellence, my a$$....

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Thanks everyone for the comments on my design. I would like to know what makes you prefer one over the other.

IMO the actual one looks like it was just thrown together. Take Elvis for example, it appears he was just placed in that position beacuse they didn't know where else to put him. The logo appears sloppy and unorganized. Where as yours "flows" better. It's organized and your banner and numbers are also a lot better than the original. Thats why I like yours more. Great job Logoman.

jNTsTyQ.png

Thanks everyone for the comments on my design. I would like to know what makes you prefer one over the other.

IMO the actual one looks like it was just thrown together. Take Elvis for example, it appears he was just placed in that position beacuse they didn't know where else to put him. The logo appears sloppy and unorganized. Where as yours "flows" better. It's organized and your banner and numbers are also a lot better than the original. Thats why I like yours more. Great job Logoman.

I'm with Kinger, and I have to disagree with you.

logoman's version is excellent, no question, but if I had to choose between it and the actual version, I would go with the actual version, for pretty much the inverse of your reasons. To me logoman's is the one that seems to be placed together, while the actual version flows better for me.

Also, I prefer the fonts and banner designs on the actual version to logoman's.

I actually like the Bills one, except (as discussed on the other thread) that they would have been better off making the red underscore match the angle of the logo's arrow or whatever that trail is supposed to be.

That aside, it might be my favorite out of all of them.

Dallas Texans - Kansas City Chiefs:

untitled-1.jpg

Interesting, I kinda like that one. I can see the 2 stars symbolizing the 2 AFL Championships the Chiefs won, yet they won 3 ('62, '63, '69) So perhaps it symbolizes the two Super Bowls the Chiefs went to. Or they mean the two cities the franchise has called home. All in all not bad at all

Hands down yours is better: You used less outlines, kept your line weights even, the 50 is bolder and easier to read. It's just a more compact logo which will make an easier patch to sew down. Let's not lose sight of what the main purpose is, and that is a patch on the jersey. Yes it will be used on tees and mugs and programs, but all that is moot if it doesn't reproduce well as a patch. I like how you outlined your whole thing in red, that helps make it a nice tight logo (that's what she said). The original has too many outlines: why the extra white outline in the outer circle, why outline Elvis in blue again...uneeded if they knew what they were doing. The original has too many clunky elements that create a bizarre unbalanced shape and the 50 is hard to read being blocked by Pat Patriot.

? I hate to say it, but the Raiders one is my favorite.

? The Chargers shield is nice but the type in a circle is just bad design.

? The Bills is the lamest, it's just odd.

Archived