Who will be No. 1: The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

TheRicSlick

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson with two(!) first round picks.

All in the Panthers division though. Still hoping they can get Grady Jarrett later on, but I'm not too sure.

In the last decade, is there a reason to trust a highly drafted Clemson* defender?

Ty Hill

Merling

Jenkins

Gilchrist

Bowers

Branch

*- Gaines Adams death due to enlarged heart isn't in consideration.

@AlbertBreer: Georgia RB Todd Gurley is the No. 1 overall player on the Rams' board. So ... Easy pick for them.

meltingnazi_zps512bac82.gif

Could be worse, you could have traded up for a running back in the first round. A Wisconsin running back, even.

If I was conspiracy-minded, I'd start to wonder if Kroenke and Spanos are just sabotaging their teams at this point to make a move to LA easier.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

For the first time in what seems like forever, the Bucs look like they have a plan in the draft. The Bucs aren't choosing the best player available, they're choosing the best players at positions they need.

Well, the first day was quiet. Seattle had no picks.

Today... well, Lockett is a nice pick. Good special teams guy. The other pick... oh boy. Can any Michigan guys here clue me in on how good Frank Clark is? Because I have no idea what to expect.

For the first time in what seems like forever, the Bucs look like they have a plan in the draft. The Bucs aren't choosing the best player available, they're choosing the best players at positions they need.

Many if not most people would say that's a mistake. If you're a bad team, you need as many good players as you can get. Not all of them will pan out. If you're a very good team with just one or two holes, then sure- draft for need. Fill the holes.

It's stupid for a bad team to pass on a highly rated player to select a lower rated one just because they think they think they're a tight end away from competing. The reason team draft first is because they suck and have holes everywhere. They need all positions. In a year or two, possibly even qb

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Many if not most people would say that's a mistake. If you're a bad team, you need as many good players as you can get. Not all of them will pan out. If you're a very good team with just one or two holes, then sure- draft for need. Fill the holes.

It's stupid for a bad team to pass on a highly rated player to select a lower rated one just because they think they think they're a tight end away from competing. The reason team draft first is because they suck and have holes everywhere. They need all positions. In a year or two, possibly even qb

It's dumb when you have depth at a position, yet, you still draft a guy at that position just because he's the best player on the board.

Really like the Preston Smith 2nd round pick for the Redskins. Solid LB/DE from Miss. St. Had 9 sacks last year too. Then they proceed to trade their 3rd round pick to the Seahawks for 3 picks (Seattle's 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks) They used the 3rd rounder on RB Matt Jones from Florida. At first, this pick puzzled me because they already have 4 running backs on the roster. I also thought this meant they thought differently of Alfred Morris now, but Jay Gruden was quick to say Morris is safe. Really it just comes down to who is going to back Morris up.

Also, glad and proud to see Robby Havenstein, a graduate of my former high school, get drafted by the Rams in the 2nd Round.

Gotta say, I absolutely love the picks the Cowboys have made. Got two players who will help out our defense and drafted Free's replacement. Cowboys are drafting smart and it's still strange to see.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Really like the Preston Smith 2nd round pick for the Redskins. Solid LB/DE from Miss. St. Had 9 sacks last year too. Then they proceed to trade their 3rd round pick to the Seahawks for 3 picks (Seattle's 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks) They used the 3rd rounder on RB Matt Jones from Florida. At first, this pick puzzled me because they already have 4 running backs on the roster. I also thought this meant they thought differently of Alfred Morris now, but Jay Gruden was quick to say Morris is safe. Really it just comes down to who is going to back Morris up.

Also, glad and proud to see Robby Havenstein, a graduate of my former high school, get drafted by the Rams in the 2nd Round.

It was an awful pick. Our secondary can't cover Greg Oden's, but we need another RB right? Sheesh. And they screwed up by not getting Williams at 5, if you're going to get a pass rusher, you might as well get the best player in the draft and not have to flex a muscle to get him. They're playing this thing exactly the way I thought they would. Snyder's level of ineptitude has reached new heights people.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It was an awful pick. Our secondary can't cover Greg Oden's, but we need another RB right? Sheesh. And they screwed up by not getting Williams at 5, if you're going to get a pass rusher, you might as well get the best player in the draft and not have to flex a muscle to get him. They're playing this thing exactly the way I thought they would. Snyder's level of ineptitude has reached new heights people.
I've been extremely disappointed by the Redskins in this draft. Should not take OL in the top ten, especially for a G/RT. And with Leonard Williams on the board (my #1 prospect). If you didn't want Williams, then trade down. I'm sure teams would've been chomping at the bit to get a player of his caliber at 5!

I wish we had the foresight to see that the NYG had a need in the secondary, something we have multiple holes at. Landon Collins available in the 2nd was mind blowing to me, I had him as a mid 1st rounder and my #1 Safety. Would have been a great player to have and moving up 5 spots to get him at the start of the 2nd.

Instead in the 2nd we add more DL. Even though we have added Paea, Knighton and Jean-Francois. Leonard Williams would've been an upgrade over all three, so that's why I would have taken him. I'm not mad at the Preston pick, just wouldn't have needed to make it, if we took Williams.

Don't even get me started with adding another RB. Especially my #16 RB. Ajayi, Buck Allen, David Cobb, Jeremy Langford were/are still available.

Ultimately I would have like the Redskins to have done this:

1st Round - Leonard Williams or Trade Down

Let's say Williams

2nd Round - Move up to get Landon Collins or TJ Clemmings (#6 OT, who's still available BTW) or Jake Fisher (#8 OT, who was later by CIN at 53)

Let's say a trade to move up was able to be worked out. We take one of the fore mention OTs.

3rd Round - I'm fine with the trade down here, didn't really miss much in the spots between where we were picking and where we picked. Well maybe adding either Mauldin or Eli Harold at OLB would have been nice. What I don't like is the pick. I would look to add a DB or OLB.

Let's say they go OLB after adding a couple veteran Safeties in FA (Not sold in these additions, but whatever). Max Valles is my best available OLB at 95 and played in the 3-4 at Virginia, just a stones throw from DC.

TL;DR should have done this

1 - Leonard Williams - DE - USC

2 - Jake Fisher or TJ Clemmings - OT - ORE or PITT

3 - Max Valles - OLB - Virginia

In the 4th I'd like them to take a look at Ifo Ekpre-Olomu a predicted 1st rounder last year, who returned to school, but tore his ACL in Dec. I saw him play in person against Michigan St. and Connor Cook, who will be a top three QB next year and he was spectacular. It would be a great value in the 4th. (Tried my best not to play homer there, in my draft guides he averaged out to be the 4th best CB in the draft this year, so I'm not crazy)

Sorry for the rant, HTTR

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

that's a good thing? be thinks the best player regardless of need (to an extent) should be taken. you wouldn't pass on LT because you need a right guard.

Archived