Best looking current MLB hat

damnyoutuesday

Yankees hat is the top seller not because of history or mystique. IMO, it's because the interlocking NY is simply an iconic design. So iconc, even the Knicks borrowed it at one point. Let's not forget that it's top sales spot may be because it's available is so many customizable colors that you don't see for every team.

As for best current design - It really is the Blue Jays here.

And for best all time - Late 90's Astros shooting star hat. Just the cleanest designed baseball hat logo I've ever seen. Such a shame it only last 6 seasons...

NYCdog.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees hat is the top seller not because of history or mystique. IMO, it's because the interlocking NY is simply an iconic design.

But it is. If not for the Yankees great history of winning, it doesn't get the exposure it does, especially today. The NY logo is a good logo, but it would have never had the attention, or likely the staying power, if the team didn't have a history of winning. What if the Yankees were a losing team and they changed the logo because that is what teams are wont to do. The cap is popular today because of the team's winning history, which then influenced a lot of big name celebrities (like Spike Lee) who helped popularize the Yankees cap as a fashion cap as well. All part of the history and mystique of the cap.

Go A's!

Yankees hat is the top seller not because of history or mystique. IMO, it's because the interlocking NY is simply an iconic design.

But it is. If not for the Yankees great history of winning, it doesn't get the exposure it does, especially today. The NY logo is a good logo, but it would have never had the attention, or likely the staying power, if the team didn't have a history of winning. What if the Yankees were a losing team and they changed the logo because that is what teams are wont to do. The cap is popular today because of the team's winning history, which then influenced a lot of big name celebrities (like Spike Lee) who helped popularize the Yankees cap as a fashion cap as well. All part of the history and mystique of the cap.
Well, i am pretty sure 90% of people wearing that yankee hat don´t even know the game of baseball, i don´t think they wear it because of the history of the club.

Just a fashion accessory, and one they have seen their favorite singer/rapper with.

on a sidenote: Funny thing is, yankees are supposedly so set on being classic and classy, yet they are okay with pink, green, and red fashion NY caps .

Well, i am pretty sure 90% of people wearing that yankee hat don´t even know the game of baseball, i don´t think they wear it because of the history of the club.

Just a fashion accessory, and one they have seen their favorite singer/rapper with.

The origin of the popularity of the cap is because of their history. People who don't like baseball may be buying it, but why they're popular ties into the history. They may not be buying it because of the history, but without the history of the team's success, the popularity of it -- leading to them wearing it -- wouldn't happen. Even if the people don't watch baseball, they know it's a Yankees cap and they know that the Yankees have a history. I doubt 90% of people wearing that cap don't know who the Yanks are and their importance to baseball.

Go A's!

Archived