Non-block font numbers that look good

Ark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senior-Night-2.jpgdsc_4252copy.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

NFL:

Ravens

Falcons

Eagles

Jaguars ('98-'08)

Steelers

NBA:

Warriors ('97-'10)

New Orleans Hornets ('08-'13)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes these.

ray-lewis-purple-baltimore-ravens-youth-

I didn't post the Ravens before because I thought I would sound biased . . . then I figured it is no more biased than liking Maryland's numbers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

A lot of good non-block numbers in soccer.

Portugal's done a few variations on this font that I've always liked.

POR+06+copy.png

The MLS league-wide font is nice:

MLS_2013-new-FNT.png

The USA National team only recently switched to a block font -- perhaps an ode to our history of that kind of thing in sports -- but the previous font was my favorite.

USA+10+copy.png

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Wait, there's a league-wide font? And it's an awful one including horribly-applied grated drop shadows?

The whole "league-wide font" thing is very soccer. The Premier League does it too.

I've never liked how league-wide typefaces are so popular in soccer -- I prefer it when teams have distinctive type of their own, like the Red Sox or the Chicago Bears. Also have no idea how it began, or why some leagues don't do it still (Spain doesn't, nor do international competitions). I'd like the MLS font better if it got rid of the drop shadow and made the numerals slightly bolder, but those aren't deal breakers for me.

Worst league-wide font? The one used in the second through fourth divisions in England. Yeesh.

English+Championship+League+font+vector.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I've never liked how league-wide typefaces are so popular in soccer -- I prefer it when teams have distinctive type of their own, like the Red Sox or the Chicago Bears.

Likewise. I don't any good reason for it.

That said, I want some soccer team to bring this back (numbers only, that is).

GalaTriline.gif

Archived