2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically the road uniform is a black stripe and shoulders away from being the Hawks' white jerseys.

The Stars' green jersey is exactly the Rangers pattern, isn't it? It's very very close if it's not.

That's the funny thing with the Stars, it's such a good jersey that it really doesn't matter if it has a VERY similar pattern to the Rangers and Blackhawks. It still looks different thanks to the color. Where everyone complains about the Lightning's third looking like LA and Tampa Bay looking like Toronto, this is in that special exemption that say, LA's old gold jerseys don't get compared with Detroit (early on) or Philly (in the 80s), it was something special on its own. Same here. WE notice it because we're obsessives. As long as we never get in those situations where we see those two similar uniforms side-by-side (which is what started this discussion), most people will never notice, and that's good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It would be confusing for most the Hawks fans anyways, because they wouldn't understand why Sharp and Oduya are on the Texas team...

Remedial posting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Technically the road uniform is a black stripe and shoulders away from being the Hawks' white jerseys.

The Stars' green jersey is exactly the Rangers pattern, isn't it? It's very very close if it's not.

That's the funny thing with the Stars, it's such a good jersey that it really doesn't matter if it has a VERY similar pattern to the Rangers and Blackhawks. It still looks different thanks to the color. Where everyone complains about the Lightning's third looking like LA and Tampa Bay looking like Toronto, this is in that special exemption that say, LA's old gold jerseys don't get compared with Detroit (early on) or Philly (in the 80s), it was something special on its own. Same here. WE notice it because we're obsessives. As long as we never get in those situations where we see those two similar uniforms side-by-side (which is what started this discussion), most people will never notice, and that's good.

Look at the NHL circa 1990-92... Lots of teams shared striping patterns but the colour differences made them stand out

Let's remember what we lost...

1071061994.gif1043101998.gif0dtyuj8y0ut5mb7sbibr6f8vf.gif1099632014.gif

s6czb5hiftxfqapc5cg1t4chu.gifp7fk3o55ojhhfdkr1jesu9gc1.gifefx2tk37vf2rppi95wrimzfh2.gif1023972014.gif

With the exception of that star-pattern jersey, which would probably be rather dated today, we're talking about a VERY boring history. I dare say their current logo is the LEAST create-a-team of their on-jersey logos. I think the secondary package is weak, but that's not the biggest thing.

I think we all got complacent and used to that logo because it's been around so long, and none of it holds up to the North Stars' genius logo. But, it's been 20+ years, it's time to move on.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

For everyone that complains about the Stars being a knock off of the Rangers and Hawks, I don't see too many people complaining when most of the league looked like this:

91-94.png

The penguins alone shared the same template as the Redwings white jersey. Everyone else it was either solid color or white jersey with sleeve stripes/hem stripe or solid color jersey/sleeve stripes/hem stripes and white jersey with yolk/sleeve stripes/hem stripes.

For the record when I had NHL 2001 for the PC, I modded the game to have all these jersey types as the default sets.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't see the problem with the league looking like that. No one is knocking off anyone. Everyone has their own look and color and even though most teams have the basic straight hem/sleeve stripes, everyones is changed just enough to make them different from one another. Even the penguins have 5 stripes going down the arms while the red wings have three, and the waist stripes and sock stripes are also different. Obviously there are only so many striping patters you can churn out before you start looking like someone else, but the key is to not try to look like someone else instead of purposely trying to dress up like an original six team like the stars are doing.

7bSTXqh.jpg

I took the panther head from the roundel on the JetBlues, put a yellow circle behind it for the sun, and gave it lots of outlines for sort of an Art Deco feel. I don't think this is very good, but if they have to do something different to mark their territory, better this than Army Dress-Up.

Not bad...but still no whiskers?

Anyone think the league missed a golden opportunity for a trial-run at a "color rush" game last night between the Christmas-themed Stars (green) and Hawks (red)? Me, too !

Stars green is not really x-mas green, for that it must be darker. Like the old and far superior 2000 look

Stars new jerseys look cheap with that kelly green shade, and the logo is just horrible, compared to the "all-star" era

Those uniforms are not as similar as people seem to suggest. The Stars have much wider stripes and the road uniforms are vastly different.

Dallas is a textbook example of how to knock an update clear out of the park.

With the exception of their logo i agree.

The Edge butchering of Colorado, Calgary and Pittsburgh was bad, but you can still see a glimpse of how nice they once were and you know what team they are.

Not so with the Kings and Stars, they are unrecognizable and in my mind they are not the LA Kings and the Dallas Stars, could be two new random expansions teams.

Wonder why the pens went to vegas gold when clearly real :censored:ing penguins have the color gold, like the team started out wearing.

To distinguish themselves from the Bruins?

Should have just made yellow the dominant colour, or worked blue trim into the look. Would be a very unique look as opposed to a very bland one.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived