2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

im surprised to see as much love for Vegas Gold here. in the football threads you see everyone going on about how much they hate it because it looks like khaki. im not opposed to vegas gold, but i would like to see the Pens in yellow to match the other Pittsburgh teams. i've always thought that was a nice touch for the city and the Penguins are breaking that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Vegas gold on the triangle sweaters, but the Penguins should have abandoned all that for Pittsburgh gold when they got Crosby. It feels like a relic of the dark/faded 2000s, like the Brewers and Rams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm in the minority but I love vegas gold. When the penguins change their unifroms I hope they keep the color

Remove the excess shiny material from the crest, fix-up the weird pointy hemline, and make a black version and those should be the new Penguins H&R uniforms...

penguins-stadium-series-article.jpg

Why go with those, when you already had a superior jersey:

53320768_10_std.jpg

IMG_3200-M.jpg

Wow, I had totally forgotten that Lemieux and Crosby played together in the latter' first season.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm in the minority but I love vegas gold. When the penguins change their unifroms I hope they keep the color

Remove the excess shiny material from the crest, fix-up the weird pointy hemline, and make a black version and those should be the new Penguins H&R uniforms...

penguins-stadium-series-article.jpg

53320768_10_std.jpg

IMG_3200-M.jpg

Wow, I had totally forgotten that Lemieux and Crosby played together in the latter' first season.

The pre-EDGE Penguins looked a lot better than they do now but I still think the vegas gold is too dull looking. As for the Stadium Series jersey, that wasn't a bad jersey but I didn't care for the cutoff stripes, chrome logo, and strange hem stripes. I do think that it is a damn shame that the Penguins didn't wear a Vegas Gold Stadium Series jersey.

53320768_10_std.jpg

Anything that gets rid of the current template has my support but you are absolutely right. That black uniform Crosby's wearing is a thing of absolute beauty.

All Star jersey have been released:

2016NHLASG_Nashville-jerseys.jpg

The black and white color scheme in each jersey shares the colors of the keys on a piano to celebrate the city of Nashville's "Music City" nickname.

Ok. Whatever.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Better than last year's.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just let me know when they start selling the John Scott shirseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What are they going to do with only having two jerseys? Will they have player versions in each colour in case a team has to switch for the championship game?

Yes. There's no other logical option.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Template is :censored:ing garbage ! has nothing to do with a ice hockey jersey

It has long sleeves with horizontal striping on them. Yes, it is the polar opposite of the traditional hockey aesthetic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All Star jersey have been released:

2016NHLASG_Nashville-jerseys.jpg

S'alright.

The black and white color scheme in each jersey shares the colors of the keys on a piano to celebrate the city of Nashville's "Music City" nickname.

So what about the grey?

Grey must symbolize the synergy between the black and white keys aka it's trendy and we need a stupid explanation for every :censored:ing uniform element these days...

NHL.com says the yellow represents the "nightlife of Nashville." I guess the white represents the nightlife of the Los Angeles Kings.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived