2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Polar Bearsz" to attract the local Polish community.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Manitoba Moose wearing special "Polar Bear" jerseys tonight.

MOOSE_JH2.jpg

What they should be wearing for primaries (with the main logo, obviously), IMO

Since TNSE was considering Bears/Polar Bears as a team name before they picked the Jets, we do wonder if this is what they're supposed to look.

I was at the other Marlies-Moose game and I was pleasantly surprised to see the Marlies with their alt and the Moose with their road uniforms.

6632.jpg

Loved the Marlies alt, but that style doesn't work for the Leafs.

I'm going to go ahead and call that jersey their primary, because I dont think they've worn the white version of their blue aways at all the season.

On the jersey, I love it so much and I think it works for both the marines and leafs and, at yhe very least, look forward to a blue version for the marlies

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

"Polar Bearsz" to attract the local Polish community.

I think there are more people with Ukrainian ancestry here than Polish.

As for a blue version of the Marlies throwback, I don't think it looks as nice as the white uniform, based on the Ballard-era Leafs. Just my opinion though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I actually wouldnt have minded "Polar Bears" since it's actually indicative of a species in the area and wasnt just thrown in because "winter."

Then again, it might have led to endless "pedo bear" references so perhaps it was for the best.

I actually wouldnt have minded "Polar Bears" since it's actually indicative of a species in the area and wasnt just thrown in because "winter."

"Area" is stretching it. Churchill (the polar bear town) is about 625 miles north of Winnipeg. 625 miles south places you around Lincoln, Nebraska; may as well call them the Winnipeg Cornhuskers if that's your bar.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Area" is stretching it. Churchill (the polar bear town) is about 625 miles north of Winnipeg. 625 miles south places you around Lincoln, Nebraska; may as well call them the Winnipeg Cornhuskers if that's your bar.

I obviously meant general area. Is there some other NHL city that's closer to polar bear habitat that has right's to the name? Thanks for being "that guy"

That logo is all over the season tickets and the arena.

Every year the Leafs have a sort of theme they use. Usually their social media/website and the on screen graphics in the arena all kind of fall into that theme.

This year it has been the logo without text.

Last year I recall it being bold fonts and lots of black added.

in 2013-14 it was all about "the passion that unites us all" and they added a lot effects that made the logo look like it was coming forward from an explosion and the players having "swooping" lines behind them.

Honestly, I think that's all that the last picture is, the yearly refreshed look for marketing

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I don't think so. I'm more and more starting to believe this will be the new logo.

It's very strange that they say Maple Leaf and not Leafs.

the way the Toronto Maple Leafs is grammatically correct is because of this/ The full name is the Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club, and when you pluralize a proper noun you just add a s, rather than change spelling

5qWs8RS.png

It makes so much sense if the Leafs are just dropping the word mark. A blank leaf can just be scaled from a small to large size without losing anything(like what seems to be the trend with twitter and the like).

Not to mention, if we can take tips from their AHL marlies, the marlies have moved to the third logo and jersey at home almost exclusively, which also does not contain a wordmark like the primary does

just speculation, but

5qWs8RS.png

Archived