2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great jersey, my all time favorite Canucks look.  Pavel Bure, Trevor Linden, Kirk MacLean, Cliff Ronning, etc. If they had just beaten the stupid Rangers in 1994 it would be considered timeless. 

The white one was even better IMO. 

CZlz3IQUEAAII8n.jpg

Looks like the Canucks made the stripes follow the hem, which is great in getting rid of the whale tale effect, though I just wished they gone with an original CCM cut.  The yellow stripes are thicker than the original.  Since they are wearing them to celebrate 20 years at the Rog, I actually think they should have gone with the white jersey since that was the home jersey at the time.

I like the Canucks in blue and green, but the black is what I grew up with and it's a decent look that you kinda miss after it's gone.  Bringing it back as an alternate wouldn't be such a bad thing.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

CZlz3IQUEAAII8n.jpg

Looks like the Canucks made the stripes follow the hem, which is great in getting rid of the whale tale effect, though I just wished they gone with an original CCM cut.  The yellow stripes are thicker than the original.  Since they are wearing them to celebrate 20 years at the Rog, I actually think they should have gone with the white jersey since that was the home jersey at the time.

I like the Canucks in blue and green, but the black is what I grew up with and it's a decent look that you kinda miss after it's gone.  Bringing it back as an alternate wouldn't be such a bad thing.

CZNMJH0WEAAPLd3.jpg

Not to mention that Ryan Miller's pad set up is a beauty

AmPJ0Ty.png 

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh. As a one-off, great.  But I hate alternates that don't complinent the primary set.  Muddies the team identity. 

Agree. They've finally settled on an identity and the last thing the San Diego Padres of the NHL need is for an alternate that is completely different from their primary uniforms.

Blue and green fit the city of Vancouver so much better than that color scheme ever did. The uniform looks good in a vacuum, maybe they should put the Utica Comets in them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

This Canuck "Throwback" set is THE SUCKThey should "throw it back" to the dustbin where it belongs. :puke:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh. As a one-off, great.  But I hate alternates that don't complinent the primary set.  Muddies the team identity. 

It will probably only be used a few times, though it is worth nothing that both the GM and President of the team played for Vancouver in these colours. Linden, of course, doesn't need a picture, but here's Benning. 

May2114_benning_jim1_slide.jpg

Interview with Beej poster designer:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a good thing that the Sharks dropped their front numbers for this season. Joe Pavelski is starting to look like Brezhnev with all those patches

Jagger+Burns+Nathan+Pavelski+2016+Honda+brezhnev_0.jpg

And with the lack of stripes weighing down the bottom, that thing has to be soooooo top-heavy. It has to throw the balance way off, because those patches are even heavier than weighty stripes.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The goalie mask Patrick Roy will wear in the Stadium Series Alumni Game against the Red Wings.

CaOsma_WYAAsxdp.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

16 minutes ago, ECUFan25 said:

The Maple leafs have 'leaked' the logo on their website

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/index.htm

The Legends Row Leaf?

legendsrow_keon644x280.jpg

If that's what you're talking about, there's no guarentee that Leaf will be the new primary logo (although it would be a great choice).

Edit: Icethetics Chris has replied to me on Twitter and told me it's not the new primary logo.

Archived