2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I would be pretty disappointed if they dropped the lettering from the logo. It's been a part of their history since day one of the name change from the St. Pats to the Leafs. Instead of drawing from their history, they are literally removing a large part of it, logo wise.

banners

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god. Removing the text doesn't make the bland Ballard Leaf any better...

I have to agree, it really doesn't. It just makes them look like a blue Team Canada and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with that.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

A textless leaf is the kind of thing I'd like to see on a third jersey. But not the primary logo.

The leaf with text has been a franchise staple for 90 years, that's not something you just do away with.

i think it makes the perfect shoulder patch, but nothing else

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Forget the kerning, why is the text aligned to the right so much? Centre it?

EDIT: ok I see...still looks awkward. but maybe that suits the style of the leaf lol.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

First day on the internet?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why should the Isles change their name from New York to Brooklyn????

#1 They are still playing their home games in NEW YORK!

#2 Brooklyn and Queens are the Western part of Long Island!

It makes sense to not change anything! Have a nice weekend. :-)

Dude, are you on crack? This has something I would expect months ago but now, out of nowhere, you randomly pop up and post more comments in two minutes than you have in your account's entire existence.

...uhh...

...thank you?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Dude, are you on crack? This has something I would expect months ago but now, out of nowhere, you randomly pop up and post more comments in two minutes than you have in your account's entire existence.

Answering a question from a full year ago, that's already been officially answered no less.

Since this thread was brought back up, does anyone know what equipment the Red Wings, Avs, and Hawks are wearing for the Stadium Series? So far all I've seen for those teams are the jerseys...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, StardustRedding said:

This was taken from camp Lemieux today. I'd have to say this is a pretty good indication that the third jersey will become the template for the new penguins default home and away jerseys 

image.jpeg

The way it should be.

Archived