2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Numbers and letters (credit to Matthew Robins)

CYGFKtpWAAA_DWd.jpgCYGFKvRWMAA5Gsr.jpg

I don't see how these mimic "old music posters" at all. It seems like whoever designed these just threw out some bull :censored: for a lazy design. But, they do look nice and brings my rating of -10/10 up to -8/10.

There's more than meets the eye here. There is a gray stripe running from sleeve to sleeve through the nameplate

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Template is :censored:ing garbage ! has nothing to do with a ice hockey jersey

It has long sleeves with horizontal striping on them. Yes, it is the polar opposite of the traditional hockey aesthetic.

Sleeves does not have stripes, they are made of 3 parts with different colors, and there is no hem stripes either.

Not traditional hockey aesthetic

I'd like some white on the numbers but they do look cool. I think TRoy is absolutely blowing these out of proportion. They're merely okay.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'd like some white on the numbers but they do look cool. I think TRoy is absolutely blowing these out of proportion. They're merely okay.

Yes. He is. Last year's were awful and these are just bearable.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On the positive side, they're doing the MLB All-Star thing where they incorporate uniform elements from the host city's team into the AS gear.

On the negative, it's a very generic looking template.

In the end, it's the All Star Game so I can't really muster enough craps to give either way.

God I'm so tired people saying their better than last year's. They aren't, at all. This year's lack any good qualities and at least last year's had character.

For once, they're traditional and not a complete eyesore.

Boring is not Bad. Boring is just boring.

Traditional? Please tell us what is traditional about these jerseys. The ASG jerseys have always been flashy

These aren't eye-sores, like last year. So yes they're better. Not good, but better...

I don't see how these aren't eye-sores... Add in the completely out of place numbers and it ends up being the worst set of jerseys of the past 10 years.

Hahaha, you are overreacting, just a bit....

Dude, its an all star game jersey. It looks fine, get over it.

Hey, you remember when they did this?

928e60acce5438889fd85f768a6715ea-getty-7

No actual logos, just East and West with some stars. Front numbers. Mismatched helmets. Swoopy socks. They used the same template as the year before, which also looks like garbage.

Yeah, this year's all-star jerseys are certainly worse than all the jokes we made at the expense of these designs.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Rounded nameplates like the Giants used to have, numeral outlines that match the base color of the jersey like the NBA... what other genius elements did Reebok/Adidas fish out of their recycling bin for these?

I was hoping "music poster" meant the numerals would match the font used in this year's All-Star logo, not block numbers with some half-assed beveling.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't quite understand the hate for the All Star jerseys. They are simple and elegant, lacking all the ridiculousness of recent years. And those numbers are absolutely beautiful.

Do you understand the word elegant?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I don't quite understand the hate for the All Star jerseys. They are simple and elegant, lacking all the ridiculousness of recent years. And those numbers are absolutely beautiful.

Do you understand the word elegant?

Lets please see your absolute wisdom on the word elegant.

I would presume what you are calling elegant would have to look somewhat nice.

BTW I'm not blowing this out of proportion. The ASG has always had flashy uniforms catering to the uniform technology of the time. This year's completely disregard that. They're not flashy and are just dull and boring. The ASG is supposed to be a bright fun-filled evening yet these jerseys don't speak that whatsoever and don't get me started on the "Nashville elements" they say influenced the jerseys because we all know it's BS. All year we've been getting the same uninspired uncreative looks with all 4 SS jerseys, COL's alt and NYI's alt. I'm afraid that we will continue to these atrocities in the future and if we don't speak out against it, we will continue to get the same :censored: every year.

BTW I'm not blowing this out of proportion. The ASG has always had flashy uniforms catering to the uniform technology of the time. This year's completely disregard that. They're not flashy and are just dull and boring. The ASG is supposed to be a bright fun-filled evening yet these jerseys don't speak that whatsoever and don't get me started on the "Nashville elements" they say influenced the jerseys because we all know it's BS. All year we've been getting the same uninspired uncreative looks with all 4 SS jerseys, COL's alt and NYI's alt. I'm afraid that we will continue to these atrocities in the future and if we don't speak out against it, we will continue to get the same :censored: every year.

Are you going to be ok? I had no idea an ASG jersey could affect somebody so deeply.

BTW I'm not blowing this out of proportion.

Mmmmmmm-hmm.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nashville's a laid back city compared to some, so their laid back jerseys... :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The hot design trend, sports and non-sports, is to make things "dull and boring".

Are you going to be ok? I had no idea an ASG jersey could affect somebody so deeply.

That's because it's not just the ASG jersey, it's 80% of the new jerseys this year. When 20% of a year's jerseys are actually good, then we should be disappointed.

Mmmmmmm-hmm.

I hope you get a bunch of likes for this comment.

Nashville's a laid back city compared to some, so their laid back jerseys... :D

You got me there. They should be laid back into their graves.

The hot design trend, sports and non-sports, is to make things "dull and boring".

So that's a good thing?

Archived