2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Whoever made these did an awful job recoloring the Coyotes jerseys with the fill tool. Not only is it uninspired, the color combo is also really ugly. Black, grey, white, and yellow...really???

I don't think anyone with that horrible Canadiens logo as their avatar has any business or right to call these ugly. They're plain, borderline boring (although I'm sure they'll become less so when names and numbers are added), but they're in no way ugly, and the colour scheme works just fine.

And I don't think someone who doesn't like someone else's avatar has the right to try and silence them. P.s., there's nothing wrong with Habsfan's avatar at all.

I don't quite understand the hate for the All Star jerseys. They are simple and elegant, lacking all the ridiculousness of recent years. And those numbers are absolutely beautiful.

I agree with what you're saying and I also don't understand the hate (Mostly from TRoy.) for them either, but I wouldn't say they are elegant, but compared to last year, I'm just glad that besides the grey stripe where the NOB goes, which I don't care for, the jerseys are much, much simpler. I just wish they would have at least had some stars around the hem since there is only a thin yellow/gold stripe at the bottom of the jersey, and more gold, maybe even a yellow jersey instead of the white one.

BTW I'm not blowing this out of proportion. The ASG has always had flashy uniforms catering to the uniform technology of the time. This year's completely disregard that. They're not flashy and are just dull and boring. The ASG is supposed to be a bright fun-filled evening yet these jerseys don't speak that whatsoever and don't get me started on the "Nashville elements" they say influenced the jerseys because we all know it's BS. All year we've been getting the same uninspired uncreative looks with all 4 SS jerseys, COL's alt and NYI's alt. I'm afraid that we will continue to these atrocities in the future and if we don't speak out against it, we will continue to get the same :censored: every year.

Dull and boring isn't always a bad thing. Besides 2004, since 1998, most of the All-Star jerseys have been flashy for all the wrong reasons. To be honest, I have said this before but I would much rather see the NHL do weird things to their All-Star Jerseys than their regular and outdoor jerseys, but at the same time, I would much rather the All-Star Jerseys be simple and half-decent. This year's jerseys are finally free of weird side and arm panels, piping and chrome. I'm not saying they are great, because they are not, but, as far as I'm concerned, it is nice to see something a little more simple. As for this year's S.S. jerseys, are you seriously calling Detroit's sash jersey uncreative? As for the other three, they're actually quite good for what the Stadium Series promotes.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hot design trend, sports and non-sports, is to make things "dull and boring".

So that's a good thing?

I think All-Star uniforms rarely cater to the latest "uniform technology" like you say. Since the arrival of sublimation meaning that you could put pretty much anything anywhere you want on a jersey, the technology has stayed the same. The jerseys mainly just chase different trends. We had vintage unis with vintage white, we had "volt", etc. Now, it's Apple-esque simplicity. It's not good or bad; it's an All-Star game... who cares?

As for this year's S.S. jerseys, are you seriously calling Detroit's sash jersey uncreative? As for the other three, they're actually quite good for what the Stadium Series promotes.

Yes because throwing on a sash doesn't take away their crap sleeves which destroy the entire look.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I would presume what you are calling elegant would have to look somewhat nice.

BTW I'm not blowing this out of proportion. The ASG has always had flashy uniforms catering to the uniform technology of the time. This year's completely disregard that. They're not flashy and are just dull and boring. The ASG is supposed to be a bright fun-filled evening yet these jerseys don't speak that whatsoever and don't get me started on the "Nashville elements" they say influenced the jerseys because we all know it's BS. All year we've been getting the same uninspired uncreative looks with all 4 SS jerseys, COL's alt and NYI's alt. I'm afraid that we will continue to these atrocities in the future and if we don't speak out against it, we will continue to get the same :censored: every year.

Are you going to be ok? I had no idea an ASG jersey could affect somebody so deeply.

It's okay to get mad when someone is ruining something you used to love.

As for this year's S.S. jerseys, are you seriously calling Detroit's sash jersey uncreative? As for the other three, they're actually quite good for what the Stadium Series promotes.

Yes because throwing on a sash doesn't take away their crap sleeves which destroy the entire look.

Stop being so pretentious on one-off jerseys

Would love for the NHL to use an updated version of this:

1989-931.jpg

Hell, just swap the Orange out for silver and put the current logo on it and you got a winner!

Or, which I would prefer, go back to the last NHL logo and bring back the orange and just use these!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Last year's uniforms looked like something an X Games freestyle motorcycle rider would wear. These Arizona recolors, while not good, are an improvement over last year's NHL ALL-STAR GAME brought to you by Monster Energy Drink uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hey, you remember when they did this?

928e60acce5438889fd85f768a6715ea-getty-7

No actual logos, just East and West with some stars. Front numbers. Mismatched helmets. Swoopy socks. They used the same template as the year before, which also looks like garbage.

Yeah, this year's all-star jerseys are certainly worse than all the jokes we made at the expense of these designs.

Slightly off topic I suppose. But uh, I've always thought the "mismatched" helmet hate/unwritten rule was a little silly. In the above photo that is one of the least offensive things. I think there are situations where contrasting helmets would look fine.....maybe even good/better. I think the status quo is mostly dogma.

Like a freight train with stickum

Status quo or not, mismatched helmets are something you'd expect to see in a rec league, not the Goddamned NHL.

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying minus the GD.

It's based on expectations. There's nothing objectively or implicitly wrong with it. In fact, we PREFER contrasting helmets/caps oftentimes within the culture of other sports....baseball or football etc. This is a bias which has mutated strictly out of the culture of one specific sport without having any definable design basis.

Therefore, dogma.

Like a freight train with stickum

Would love for the NHL to use an updated version of this:

1989-931.jpg

Hell, just swap the Orange out for silver and put the current logo on it and you got a winner!

Or, which I would prefer, go back to the last NHL logo and bring back the orange and just use these!

How about take the shield out and put "eastern" and "western" on the front like the Minnesota ASG jerseys.

The NWHL has unveiled its All-Star jerseys, and while I don't mind what the NHL has this season, these are fantastic.

Knight-ASG-jersey-1.jpg

Pfalzer-ASG-jersey.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived