2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Why do so many new logos have to be propaganda for the army? Nobody cares that the team went to West Point... They didn't care when Brian Burke did it, and they don't care now. My guess is that once again it will result in a bad uniform set.

you can hate the new third for the Avs but to hold their current uniform in such high regard is ridiculous, it's one if not THE worst look in the league right now.

I'm holding the Pre-edge look in high regard, not the bib-templated garbage they wear today.

Pre-edge or current their uniforms have always been weak.

Damn this is beautiful, one of the best jerseys to ever wear the Cup patch

sakiccup940.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of red and yellow, why don't the Flames embrace this identity instead of being another red and black team -- just with touches of yellow? The more you look at them, their look (even the nice thirds) is almost more Devils than Cup-era Flames. It'd be a shame for the Panthers to come out and do the color scheme justice instead of the Flames...thoughts?

That's what I remember happening with the Avs' look. And I don't appear to be the only one.

And you blaming Reebok entirely for the retro fad and the bad Edge designs? That's narrative crafting on your end ;)

Not saying its entirely responsible. Uniforms were already moving slowly back to traditional trends, ei: the Islanders in 98, the Coyote's 2003 rebrand, etc. I'm saying it played a huge role in accelerating the trend and forcing teams to adopt the style that shouldn't have. Namely the six franchises I posted earlier whose pre-edge uniforms were the best they've ever looked.

Says the guy who treats Pat Kane like a convicted rapist, even though it's at best extremely unclear what happened and he'll never even be charged with a crime from that night.

I don't care whether he did it or not the guy is a complete piece of :censored: . It's unclear, meaning theres no proof he didn't do it either. Given his character or lack therefore of, I wouldn't put it past him...

sakiccup940.jpg

They'll never look this good again :(. Two championships in 5 seasons apparently mean nothing.

Been saying that for years. The Flames are one of the worst examples of BFBS

Winning may have had a lot to do with it but that pre-edge set was a thing of absolute beauty.

Florida has a bunch of predictions surrounding a 101st Airborne logo, so I think it's obvious that this is happening:

Florida%20101st%20prediction%20logo_zpsq

They also say there's going to be a focus on red, a yellow (darker than usual) chest stripe like the Canadiens, and Blackhawks influences

florida%20prediction%20jersey%202_zpsag5

But there have also clearly been said to "expect a horizontal logo (like the Blackhawks," so my only thought is that there has to be a leaping panther (maybe a panther head? But then why have the 101st logo?) and they mentioned in a circle. So I shamelessly stole the Coyotes old jumping logo (because the panther I drew looked HORRIBLE) and pasted a panther head on top, then put it over an oval.

George Richards also clearly states "Unique features" for the jersey, so I'm thinking scratch mark stripes (that I stole from the Utah Grizzlies)

Remember, this is a mockup, not a concept, and I AM citing my work. All of this is for an idea of what this should look like.

florida%20prediction%20jersey%203_zpslxh

Thoughts? Accurate? Anyone think Florida isn't going to create a total monstrosity?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't mean to sound lazy but there are so many NHL threads now that I don't know how I'll even be able to keep up. Anyway, for whatever reason, a year ago, I honestly thought that the Panthers might look good with some type of latin crest type of logo and here they are supposedly going to adopt one. I'm actually really excited to see what the Panthers have done. I recently just bought their original red jersey and as much as I think it is a lot better than what they are wearing now, I don't think that jersey is as great as a lot of people seem to think it is. For me, it has the same problem Calgary and the Blues' home jersey have. There is so much darkness on it. To hear that there might be more gold and less navy for the Panthers, I think that has some potential and I love the idea of something Chicago and Montreal inspired. As long as it is something unique for Florida and a nice jersey overall, I think this rebrand could shock us all. With the world of jersey design in 2015, going on 2016, I don't have much hope but so far, I think there now might be a chance of something good.

This florida jersey is going to be so bad that i cant believe how bad this jersey is going to be. I know i might get some heat for this but i think their current red jersey is the best jersey they have ever had. Come on, how can they possibly out do this look will what will apparently look like those crap jerseys above?

USATSI_8517385_154511096_lowres.jpg

This florida jersey is going to be so bad that i cant believe how bad this jersey is going to be.

Who knew Donald Trump was a sports aesthete?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This florida jersey is going to be so bad that i cant believe how bad this jersey is going to be.

Who knew Donald Trump was a sports aesthete?

Donald Trump designed the new florida jersey ?

He would have nothing to do with that organization because there are way too many immigrants in the area for his liking. ;) Whatever the Panthers decide to do, I'm sure it will be much worse than the current.

This florida jersey is going to be so bad that i cant believe how bad this jersey is going to be. I know i might get some heat for this but i think their current red jersey is the best jersey they have ever had. Come on, how can they possibly out do this look will what will apparently look like those crap jerseys above?

I feel the same way. I never liked those triangle shoulder stripes from thier previous set.

The Catch of the Day!

I also found this while looking at Americans jerseys. It seems that they goalie wore a different jersey than the rest of the team, so if Toronto decides to wear blue, I hope New York takes inspiration from the goalie's jersey.

1925_26_NYAmericans_NHL.jpg

No the goalie was wearing the teams prototype sweater and the guy standing next to him is wearing a special modified sweater that had an a "H" and "T" around the word "New York" to show they got thier players from the Hamilton Tigers. It was just for publicity and never actually worn in game.

The Catch of the Day!

That's what I remember happening with the Avs' look. And I don't appear to be the only one.

And you blaming Reebok entirely for the retro fad and the bad Edge designs? That's narrative crafting on your end ;)

Not saying its entirely responsible. Uniforms were already moving slowly back to traditional trends, ei: the Islanders in 98, the Coyote's 2003 rebrand, etc. I'm saying it played a huge role in accelerating the trend and forcing teams to adopt the style that shouldn't have. Namely the six franchises I posted earlier whose pre-edge uniforms were the best they've ever looked.

Says the guy who treats Pat Kane like a convicted rapist, even though it's at best extremely unclear what happened and he'll never even be charged with a crime from that night.

I don't care whether he did it or not the guy is a complete piece of :censored: . It's unclear, meaning theres no proof he didn't do it either. Given his character or lack therefore of, I wouldn't put it past him...

sakiccup940.jpg

They'll never look this good again :(. Two championships in 5 seasons apparently mean nothing.

Been saying that for years. The Flames are one of the worst examples of BFBS

Winning may have had a lot to do with it but that pre-edge set was a thing of absolute beauty.

[mod redacted]
I agree, Bettman is awful, just look at that fake smile , and he puts it on every year.

I feel the same way. I never liked those triangle shoulder stripes from their previous set.

It wasn't even so much the triangles, but the fact that the current red jerseys have no white on them outside of the numbers/names/logo is what really works for me. The way the gold bands look on that shade of red and the darkness of the blue, it just works so well. Yes the striping could be better but i love the way the colors are used in comparison to the original set.

I feel the same way. I never liked those triangle shoulder stripes from their previous set.

It wasn't even so much the triangles, but the fact that the current red jerseys have no white on them outside of the numbers/names/logo is what really works for me. The way the gold bands look on that shade of red and the darkness of the blue, it just works so well. Yes the striping could be better but i love the way the colors are used in comparison to the original set.

Soon enough we'll be crying to the heavens why they abandoned this awesome, acceptable look for something offensive. Jaguars Gradient Helmet 2.0.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't like the navy blue shoulders touching the red base with no separation, but it's fine enough, I guess. I'm not excited for the Airborne Habs.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: the original Panthers sweaters were pretty overrated. They're basically a palette swap of the Penguins' sweaters from the same time period, and those weren't that good, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like the navy blue shoulders touching the red base with no separation, but it's fine enough, I guess. I'm not excited for the Airborne Habs.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: the original Panthers sweaters were pretty overrated. They're basically a palette swap of the Penguins' sweaters from the same time period, and those weren't that good, either.

The problem is it would look weird if they separated the blue and red with gold, and i like the lack of white (which they used to separate red/blue in the original set) so i wouldn't want that either. I always liked the panthers unused yellow jersey cause it was just red/blue/gold, so i'm kind of glad they are going to emphasize gold in these new jerseys, but that's about it.

FloridaPanthersAltYellow.jpg

Archived