2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Howard Berger is hearing that we will see the Winter Classic in Toronto next year against the Rangers.

If this is true, then I feel like the jersey possibilities are endless.

Toronto could go the Arenas route if they so choose, put I'd much rather see color vs color again, so could we see them taking influences from the St. Pat's green?

Arenas2.pngStPats6.png

New York really doesn't have much of a catalog of jerseys. They could go with their original jersey which is basically just a lighter version of their alternate or they could potentially go with an Americans style jersey which I hope they do, but less flashy.

Rangers01.pngAmericans01.png

I also found this while looking at Americans jerseys. It seems that they goalie wore a different jersey than the rest of the team, so if Toronto decides to wear blue, I hope New York takes inspiration from the goalie's jersey.

1925_26_NYAmericans_NHL.jpg

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're absolutely right, Morgo. The Avalanche introduced a shoulder patch, 3rd jersey, and special event jersey all centered around a state flag identity this season, and the two new jerseys have a slightly modified version of their existing font. I can't fathom why anyone would think the Avs are heading in that direction as some sort of aesthetic overhaul.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You're absolutely right, Morgo. The Avalanche introduced a shoulder patch, 3rd jersey, and special event jersey all centered around a state flag identity this season, and the two new jerseys have a slightly modified version of their existing font. I can't fathom why anyone would think the Avs are heading in that direction as some sort of aesthetic overhaul.

The emphasis of the 'flag logo' is likely there to celebrate the 20 years in Colorado... The replacement patches on the main set might not even be a full time thing, might just be there to promote the outdoor game or the milestone. All I know is that there are no plans to make the current alternate the full time look. Not a single mention of the team making changes in the 2016 Jersey Watch and Chris is always a reliable source. Besides, if this was going to happen wouldn't the stadium series uniforms be based off this look? They contain no navy and are dominated by colours nowhere to be found on the alternate like slate blue and black.

Team introduces 3rd jersey, eventually makes it one of the primary jerseys after a couple seasons of good sales, uses 3rd-turned-primary as basis for additional uniform changes. Any of this ring a bell to you?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You guys are saying the plans are already in place due to that Colorado logo being used everywhere... That's not generally how the process works. Besides, when that happens the uniform is usually, you know, good. What people see in this dark, depressingly bland uniform I'll never know...

At BMO Field? A Winter Classic at a 30,000 Capacity Stadium?

Well, Fenway isn't much bigger, and they had one there. Plus, where else are they going to have it if they really want it in Toronto?

Edit: Can't they actually make BMO bigger than 30,000 with temporary seating. I'm pretty sure I've heard they can increase the seating to like 40,000 for a potential Winter Classic.

You guys are saying the plans are already in place due to that Colorado logo being used everywhere... That's not generally how the process works.

It's how it's worked in the past. Teams that promote alternates to primaries usually take it slow.

At BMO Field? A Winter Classic at a 30,000 Capacity Stadium?

Well, Fenway isn't much bigger, and they had one there. Plus, where else are they going to have it if they really want it in Toronto?

Edit: Can't they actually make BMO bigger than 30,000 with temporary seating. I'm pretty sure I've heard they can increase the seating to like 40,000 for a potential Winter Classic.

I think the Argos are moving over there and BMO adding more seats so it could be feasible. I'd rather see someone else get the Classic for 2017. Maybe Ottawa, Islanders or hell the Rangers would be fine. If the Islanders, it can be at Citi Field.

I realize the Islanders and Rangers were both in the Stadium Series in 2014 but I believe that when teams sign the contract to do the Classic, the visiting team gets to host one within 4 years. I don't remember where I saw it but I remember it being a big issue when the Capitals were announced as the host last season

Not only is this the worst uniform in the teams history (which is saying a lot), it might be the worst uniform released this decade so far. The navy and burgundy are barely distinguishable from each other, the boxy shoulders make them look like clown-suits and the hem stripes might as well not be there. The topper is at that clash patch flag on the shoulder... As if a logo on one shoulder wasn't a big enough fail, they up the ante by copying the worst dressed team in the league. The whole package is so devoid of creativity and redeeming qualities, its astounding it was ever approved in the first place.

P7aIEUm.jpg

Here's what a real uniform looks like, since so many people on these boards have apparently forgotten... One with contrast, creativity, an actual secondary logo and a primary that doesn't try and pay tribute to a team that has nothing to do with them.

Zmgu307.jpg

Not only is this the worst uniform in the teams history (which is saying a lot), it might be the worst uniform released this decade so far. The navy and burgundy are barely distinguishable from each other, the boxy shoulders make them look like clown-suits and the hem stripes might as well not be there. The topper is at that clash patch flag on the shoulder... As if a logo on one shoulder wasn't a big enough fail, they up the ante by copying the worst dressed team in the league. The whole package is so devoid of creativity and redeeming qualities, its astounding it was ever approved in the first place.

P7aIEUm.jpg

Wouldn't go so far as to call it the worst they've ever worn. If you ask me, that would be the current regular set.

I'm indifferent towards it. It looks nice but that's basically about it. It's not offensive by any means but it's also not perfect. I prefer the simpler colour scheme over the forced use of black in their regular uniform. But you're right about the burgundy and navy, in product photos they're distinguishable enough but in action you can barely tell them apart. It's as if they barely did any TV testing with it. The regular Avs blue probably would have worked better, and ironically would've been more faithful to the Rockies.

I think the Avs are in need of an overhaul, but this isn't quite it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived