2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Some info on the upcoming panthers rebrand from the Miami Herald.

"From what I’ve been told, my latest idea of the ‘101st Airborne’ patch/logo/shield is apparently on mark.

Instead of an eagle, a Panther head will adorn the front of the jersey.

And the Panther head is a complete change from what the team has used before. The new Panther is said to look more natural, like the big cats who roam the Everglades.

The Canadiens’ style horizontal stripe across the jersey is what they’re going with.

The biggest change in the color palate apparently is blue is being minimized, red is the signature color and the yellow gold is going to be a much deeper gold."

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some info on the upcoming panthers rebrand from the Miami Herald.

"From what I’ve been told, my latest idea of the ‘101st Airborne’ patch/logo/shield is apparently on mark.

Instead of an eagle, a Panther head will adorn the front of the jersey.

And the Panther head is a complete change from what the team has used before. The new Panther is said to look more natural, like the big cats who roam the Everglades.

The Canadiens’ style horizontal stripe across the jersey is what they’re going with.

The biggest change in the color palate apparently is blue is being minimized, red is the signature color and the yellow gold is going to be a much deeper gold."

"From what I’ve been told, my latest idea of the ‘101st Airborne’ patch/logo/shield is apparently on mark. - Ok. Any reasons why?

Instead of an eagle, a Panther head will adorn the front of the jersey. - I would hope so since they are the Panthers.

And the Panther head is a complete change from what the team has used before. The new Panther is said to look more natural, like the big cats who roam the Everglades. - This can go one of two ways.

The Canadiens’ style horizontal stripe across the jersey is what they’re going with. - I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

The biggest change in the color palate apparently is blue is being minimized, red is the signature color and the yellow gold is going to be a much deeper gold." - Not sure the colors needed to be changed. I think their colors are perfect as of now.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

No roundel and an emphasis on gold over blue.

Looks like the proclamations of "Original Six dress-up" were premature.

Here's what a real uniform looks like, since so many people on these boards have apparently forgotten...

You need to stop assuming your opinions are fact.

So the picture I'm getting is primarily red, more gold than blue. Blue probably just for separating gold and red. Gold stripe across the chest, maybe with white outline. Rounder, "more natural" panther head similar to the Jaguars rebrand, inside the shield shape like the Rangers or the 101st Airborn he refers to.

Why do so many new logos have to be propaganda for the army? Nobody cares that the team went to West Point... They didn't care when Brian Burke did it, and they don't care now. My guess is that once again it will result in a bad uniform set.

you can hate the new third for the Avs but to hold their current uniform in such high regard is ridiculous, it's one if not THE worst look in the league right now.

I'm holding the Pre-edge look in high regard, not the bib-templated garbage they wear today.

Why do so many new logos have to be propaganda for the army? Nobody cares that the team went to West Point... They didn't care when Brian Burke did it, and they don't care now. My guess is that once again it will result in a bad uniform set.

I'm hoping it's not meant to be a direct military reference but just the best way that person could describe it.

Here's what a real uniform looks like, since so many people on these boards have apparently forgotten...

You need to stop trying to turn fabrications into facts to support your narrative. Ie: the Avalanche being able to keep their pre-edge design and the edge uniform system having nothing to do with the shift to retro trends...

You need to stop trying to turn fabrications into facts to support your narrative.

Hoo-boy, anybody wanna field this one?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7bSTXqh.jpg

I took the panther head from the roundel on the JetBlues, put a yellow circle behind it for the sun, and gave it lots of outlines for sort of an Art Deco feel. I don't think this is very good, but if they have to do something different to mark their territory, better this than Army Dress-Up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Call me nostalgic but I still think this is the finest look ever sported by an NHL team in the Mile High City.

ramcard_81556.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I've always appreciated that unique colour scheme that the Avalanche utilize.

But just look at that Colorado Rockies uniform.

Those pants are stupendous! As is the yellow-red-yellow collar.

thecatch.jpg

You need to stop trying to turn fabrications into facts to support your narrative. Ie: the Avalanche being able to keep their pre-edge design and the edge uniform system having nothing to do with the shift to retro trends...

That's what I remember happening with the Avs' look. And I don't appear to be the only one.

And you blaming Reebok entirely for the retro fad and the bad Edge designs? That's narrative crafting on your end ;)

Says the guy who treats Pat Kane like a convicted rapist, even though it's at best extremely unclear what happened and he'll never even be charged with a crime from that night.

Says the guy who treats Pat Kane like a convicted rapist, even though it's at best extremely unclear what happened and he'll never even be charged with a crime from that night.

Exactly, Nothing happened that night, and it is still amazing that "nothing" can ruin a video game cover, EA sports are true idiots :mad:

you can hate the new third for the Avs but to hold their current uniform in such high regard is ridiculous, it's one if not THE worst look in the league right now.

I'm holding the Pre-edge look in high regard, not the bib-templated garbage they wear today.

Pre-edge or current their uniforms have always been weak.

Archived