Ask A Moderator

It's just as annoying to scroll past these "MOD EDIT" posts as it was to see all those Cardinals rings.

Question, mods: Would it be possible to instead just delete bad posts instead of simply editing out all the text?
It's possible, but it's actually the worse option, in my opinion. Transparency is key, and just suddenly having a bunch of posts deleted with no explanation isn't in line with that. I'd prefer the "mod edit" route because it allows us to explain why a post was altered or removed. That way there are no questions as to our intent.

It's just as annoying to scroll past these "MOD EDIT" posts as it was to see all those Cardinals rings.

Question, mods: Would it be possible to instead just delete bad posts instead of simply editing out all the text?
It's possible, but it's actually the worse option, in my opinion. Transparency is key, and just suddenly having a bunch of posts deleted with no explanation isn't in line with that. I'd prefer the "mod edit" route because it allows us to explain why a post was altered or removed. That way there are no questions as to our intent.

Along the same lines, does this software support the leaving of merged title on the forum but showing it was merged somewhere else? I know once or twice I've gone to find something and then later realized that two topics were merged with no sign of that occurring.

Kind of. There's no mechanic for that re: merged threads but we do have the option to leave a link in the original subforum if a thread is moved from one to the other. I try to do that whenever possible.

I understand the second suspension thread for the guy with four accounts, he made the third and fourth to get around being banned. But I don't remember seeing in the rules that you can't have two accounts. Is that a recent add?

It's been stated board policy to not tolerate dupe accounts since 2006.

I understand the second suspension thread for the guy with four accounts, he made the third and fourth to get around being banned. But I don't remember seeing in the rules that you can't have two accounts. Is that a recent add?

I just saw that thread in this subforum. While it forbids multiple accounts, it lists a punishment of two weeks. The first suspension thread of this guy says a full ban.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I just saw that thread in this subforum. While it forbids multiple accounts, it lists a punishment of two weeks. The first suspension thread of this guy says a full ban.

Well you have to understand that there were notable things that brought the fact that it was a dual account situation to light. Similar posting styles were the big thing, and not in a good way. There were other concerns at play that were added on top of the dual account offence. The breaking point was that the second account was created to circumnavigate a suspension placed on the first account. Which bumps that "two weeks" to "instant ban."

Also I asked him about. I sent him a PM that said "we have reason to suspect that you're also GraysonColtsBoy. Could you help us clear a few things up?" His response was, essentially, "yes I am, ban me."

He literally asked for it.

You sound like you're trying to defend him, (or her)

If a person has an account suspended for behavior, and says "fine, I'll just continue to visit here from a different account", that's against the rules.

If people aren't mature enough to behave themselves on an internet message board, they get punished.

What does it day when you have to create another account to get around a suspension or banishment? It says you aren't mature enough to be a member anyway. Or you're a troll. Either way.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I would like to know if there is any possible way to change my username?

Nope,there was at one point but due to reasons out of the forums control the option has been removed.

Ok thank you

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

You sound like you're trying to defend him, (or her)

If a person has an account suspended for behavior, and says "fine, I'll just continue to visit here from a different account", that's against the rules.

If people aren't mature enough to behave themselves on an internet message board, they get punished.

What does it day when you have to create another account to get around a suspension or banishment? It says you aren't mature enough to be a member anyway. Or you're a troll. Either way.

I'm not defending him at all. I was simply wondering why the first suspension for dual accounts said it was simply for using two accounts simultaneously, not for the suspension. I sought only to understand.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

What's the problem with 2 accs if neither of them is banned, nor have a reasonable offense to do so?

You can always just make a note of it and ban the 2 accounts at the same time when you actually have some sort of reason to bring down the hammer.

What's the problem with 2 accs if neither of them is banned, nor have a reasonable offense to do so?

The bigger question is why have two accounts? What purpose does it serve that's not shady?

There is an exception to the dual accounts rule. The screen name changing program no longer functions, so if you REALLY want a new user name make a second account and state something to the effect of "I wanted a new name, so I made a new account, the old one will no longer be used." Outside of that? I can't see a point to having two accounts. Other then to deceive people in some way.

The bigger question is why have two accounts? What purpose does it serve that's not shady?

There is an exception to the dual accounts rule. The screen name changing program no longer functions, so if you REALLY want a new user name make a second account and state something to the effect of "I wanted a new name, so I made a new account, the old one will no longer be used." Outside of that? I can't see a point to having two accounts. Other then to deceive people in some way.

And don't change your email settings on the site, it'll get your account stuck in validation and you won't be able to do anything with it. But then you'd have to create a new account.

You can always just make a note of it and ban the 2 accounts at the same time when you actually have some sort of reason to bring down the hammer.

When there were more contests on this board, members would create duplicate accounts for the sole purpose of voting for their own concepts.

People create a second account when they forget all the login information to a previous one...it happens, we're human, not a big deal.

But creating a second account for voting, post padding/flooding/spamming, or to get past a previous punishment will create an immediate banishment of all those accounts, and even the I.P. if necessary.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is anyone else blocked from viewing certain threads? I have Avast antivirus for my macbook, and almost every time I click on a thread that hasn't been posted in for a couple weeks, I get an "Infection blocked" message that says there is an HTML:Script-inf.

I know there's probably nothing Chris can do, I'm just curious if anyone else with Avast is having the same problem.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Ok, I have two unrelated questions:

First is, what is the little green bar on my profile page that says "6 Neutral"?

And second, can we have a rule or something so that people don't quote posts with like 5 or 6 images in them? Especially in the concepts forum. I just feel it's really unnecessary to have someone quote the whole concept I've just seen just to say "Great work!" or "Really like it". It seems most people are good at it, but it just kinda ticks me off a little bit to load the same pictures twice in one page.

Thank you for your time :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Ok, I have two unrelated questions:

First is, what is the little green bar on my profile page that says "6 Neutral"?

It has to do with the "Like This" button. The more "likes" you get the higher the number goes. The text goes from "neutral" to "good" to "excellent" depending on how many you have.

And second, can we have a rule or something so that people don't quote posts with like 5 or 6 images in them? Especially in the concepts forum. I just feel it's really unnecessary to have someone quote the whole concept I've just seen just to say "Great work!" or "Really like it". It seems most people are good at it, but it just kinda ticks me off a little bit to load the same pictures twice in one page.

That's more a problem that we hope to change culturally rather then with a hard and fast rule.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.