4. Notre Dame

---------------------------------

5. Iowa

6. Oklahoma State

7. Oklahoma

8. Florida

9. Michigan State

10. Baylor

16. Navy (Highest ranked Group of 5 member)

FSU just needs to defeat Florida, & the world to drop on Clemson. :mojoto:

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New CFP Top 25...

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Notre Dame

---------------------------------

5. Iowa

6. Oklahoma State

7. Oklahoma

8. Florida

9. Michigan State

10. Baylor

16. Navy (Highest ranked Group of 5 member)

FSU just needs to defeat Florida, & the world to drop on Clemson. :mojoto:

With a loss to a 3-win Georgia Tech team and no ACC title? Ok, then.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Don't sleep on North Carolina. Their offense is playing as well as anyone right now. They go 11-1 then beat Clemson in the ACC Championship, they might be able to jump up into the top 4. Some teams above them will drop some games before then. (And could be the prime time for Clemson to Clemson themselves.)

As I come to terms with Clemson being the team I have to get behind if I want to just go "YAY ACC!", I fear more and more the chances of Clemson Clemsoning. They truly haven't Clemsoned in a few years so they're due and due for a massive one.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

As I come to terms with Clemson being the team I have to get behind if I want to just go "YAY ACC!", I fear more and more the chances of Clemson Clemsoning. They truly haven't Clemsoned in a few years so they're due and due for a massive one.

I blame Miami for f'ing it all up since they joined. Had the Hurricanes mattered lately, the ACC would be perceived stronger. Perception is reality. Esp for the likes of Condoleeza Rice.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I blame Miami for f'ing it all up since they joined. Had the Hurricanes mattered lately, the ACC would be perceived stronger. Perception is reality. Esp for the likes of Condoleeza Rice.

Dr. Rice's focus conference is the Big XII. If Dr. Osbourne and Barry Alvarez, who are the point persons for the ACC aren't good advocates for the conference, Clemson wouldn't be #1 even with Clemson's AD, Dan Radakovich on the committee himself! Heck, former Miami and current TX Tech AD Kirby Hocutt is on the committee as well.

We get it from your previous posts. You dislike her politics and you have it ebb over to your overall opinion of her and her standing within this committee just to take a shot at her.

Bret Bielema proposes SEC/B1G Challenge.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14163970/bret-bielema-arkansas-razorbacks-coach-proposes-big-ten-sec-football-challenge

I like the idea. I like the idea of playing these games on campus and having SEC teams play in the north.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The SEC would fully expect B1G teams to roll into Tuscaloosa, College Station, or Red Stick when it's damn near triple digits in both temperature and humidity but the instant they traveled north in a cold weather game and lost, they'd bitch to no end.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

These games would be played at the front end of the season so neither team risked as much if they lost. It wouldn't benefit the Big Ten teams heading south at all, except those that won on the road. It sounds good in theory but both conferences would give their top two teams a mid-table opponent to preserve their chances in the playoffs.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The SEC would fully expect B1G teams to roll into Tuscaloosa, College Station, or Red Stick when it's damn near triple digits in both temperature and humidity but the instant they traveled north in a cold weather game and lost, they'd bitch to no end.

That is absolutely correct. I do like idea so long as they're not neutral site games, though. It's too bad they would likely be early season, though -- I'd love to see teams like Bama and UF play in cold weather.

Floridas non-conference schedule next year is a joke, as are these cupcake games in November.

IUe6Hvh.png

If the B1G could swing it, maybe this could possibly replace the mid-November FCS week for the SEC. Although, I don't know if schools in either conference would want to do this before the rivalry week.

Only way this would happen this late is if Ohio State played Vanderbilt and Alabama played Purdue. The big boys would be protected going down the stretch. I'm still not sure why SEC teams have to play league games so early. They have the least amount of conference games among the Power 5 conferences.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm still not sure why SEC teams have to play league games so early. They have the least amount of conference games among the Power 5 conferences.

1. The conference loses a week due to the SEC Championship game. All the schools have to play their 12 games in the first 13 weeks of the season. The Big XII and other conferences without championship games get two byes during the season.

2. Half the conference plays interconference rivalry games in Week 13 of the season. Florida-FSU, Georgia-GA Tech, South Carolina-Clemson, Kentucky-Louisville, and for a while Vanderbilt was ending the season with Wake Forest.

3. So many conference games being contested either in neutral sites or secondary stadia or on traditional dates. Arkansas plays a couple games in Little Rock each year. Tennessee-Alabama is otherwise known as "Third Saturday in October". Georgia-Florida is always on Halloween weekend. Arkansas-Texas A&M looks to be an annual tilt in Jerry World. Teams also request certain weeks off.

4. Most importantly, it has to do with the TV contracts. The SEC Network gets three games each Saturday: 12pm, 4pm, 7:30pm. CBS gets the #1 game and only gets two doubleheaders in a season. With all the other deals ESPN has with separate conferences, the SEC can't hog up all the TV slots. So instead of September being filled with 14 different games, the conference tosses in intraconference games so every team's games can be seen on a primary network instead of one of the SECN-Alternate channels or ESPN-U/ESPN-News or online-only ESPN-3.

Penn State loses another one due to an anemic offense. James Franklin can recruit but he sure cannot coach. At the very least, the OC, John Donovan needs to be fired.

Maybe OL coach Herb Hand needs to stop going on cooking shows.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/06/penn_states_herb_hand_makes_fo.html

As a whole in terms of ability, that staff is pretty fraudulent.

Archived