2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

What's the point of the 6-win rule? Since the bowls don't really matter much anymore anyway since there's roughly a million of them, what's the harm if the Draft Kings Bowl sponsored by Fan Duel wants to put a name-brand team that had a terrible year in to their bowl? I get rules, but it seems that so many in the NCAA are totally arbitrary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point of the 6-win rule? Since the bowls don't really matter much anymore anyway since there's roughly a million of them, what's the harm if the Draft Kings Bowl sponsored by Fan Duel wants to put a name-brand team that had a terrible year in to their bowl? I get rules, but it seems that so many in the NCAA are totally arbitrary.

There's just too many bowls. 40 bowl games (including the playoff semifinals, excluding the championship game) means 80 teams need to get to six wins. Don't think the NCAA anticipated these cities/bowl games coming on board.

There's just too many bowls. 40 bowl games (including the playoff semifinals, excluding the championship game) means 80 teams need to get to six wins. Don't think the NCAA anticipated these cities/bowl games coming on board.

Yup. I'm one of those people who looks forward to Capital One Bowl Fortnight*. I also enjoy all the "little" bowls in between and even I think there are too many bowls. We need about 10 of the bowl games to go away.

* © Still MIGHTY

BB52Big.jpg

Yup. I'm one of those people who looks forward to Capital One Bowl Fortnight. I also enjoy all the "little" bowls in between and even I think there are too many bowls. We need about 10 of the bowl games to go away.

Agreed. I'm heavily rooting for all the 5-6 teams today, I really don't want to see losing record blueblood go up against a 6-6 sun belt team in a bowl game.

Outside of beating a 15th ranked Georgia team which finished 8-5 in 2013, telling reporters he wants his assistant coaches to have wives too attractive for them and attempting to cover up a sexual assault involving his players, what has James Franklin ever done?

#Play13

/Go Hoosiers

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pretty much what I've expected in the Swamp. Florida's many flaws being exposed as they look like they're going to be eliminated from playoff contention -- they would have been slaughtered anyways. Treon Harris brings absolutely nothing to the table and his backup QB couldn't even crack second string at Vandy last season.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived