2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody thoughts on who's going to coach SCAR??Just curious cause it impacts my life in a minor way haha.

Well, Will Muschamp was rumored and now it's being reported he's not returning to Auburn, so maybe him.

IUe6Hvh.png

No #MACtion analysis? I stumbled upon it and said, "Isn't it Bowling Green and Northern Illinois every year?"

Why yes, it's three years straight now, with Bowling Green taking the rubber game last night.

And that was six straight title game appearances for NIU. Not a bad run. Thanks Wikipedia.

We now return you to your regular programming...

College Gameday is in Indianapolis for the B1G championship and the best suggested sign I saw was "This is Bartaaaaa!" with a picture of the Iowa AD.

No? I'll show myself out.

The MAC Championship suffers from being on Friday. I think they'd get more attention playing on Thursday, even though they'd be against the NFL. Granted Detroit was the Thursday game this week so that couldn't happen. Today should be pretty fun. I'm hoping for a USC and Florida win but I don't think either will happen.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I just want Michigan State to win so I can piss off every moronic Iowa fan and bandwagoner out there.

Oh, and throw in a Florida win because :censored: the SEC!

And a North Carolina win so I can say that Clemson is... you know, that word.

And a Temple win so everyone can be shocked in seeing Temple in a New Year's Six game.

The MAC Championship suffers from being on Friday. I think they'd get more attention playing on Thursday, even though they'd be against the NFL. Granted Detroit was the Thursday game this week so that couldn't happen. Today should be pretty fun. I'm hoping for a USC and Florida win but I don't think either will happen.

The MAC Championship suffers because it's the MAC conference. They're always going to be forgotten about when the Power 5 conferences play their championship games the same weekend as well as playoff speculation is as hot as it'll ever be during the season.

The MAC should've had the championship on Tuesday or Wednesday. People are most familiar with the MAC playing on those days.

Unless the whole league plays that day the week before it won't work. You'd potentially have one team playing on 2 days rest.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Florida's down 2-0 to Alabama and the defense is playing well but it might as well be 28-0. This offense is the worst I've ever seen, and the special teams are a disaster as Alabama has already blocked a punt and a field goal with Florida contributing a muffed punt.

IUe6Hvh.png

I just want Michigan State to win so I can piss off every moronic Iowa fan and bandwagoner out there.

Oh, and throw in a Florida win because :censored: the SEC!

And a North Carolina win so I can say that Clemson is... you know, that word.

And a Temple win so everyone can be shocked in seeing Temple in a New Year's Six game.

And if all that happened, tOSU is back in.

It won't happen because they still have to play GaSou but it would be absolutely hilarious if Georgia State got to 6-6 and went to a bowl.

Hope you're having a mighty laugh. Yay, little Georgia State! I just might go to their bowl game....I went to their inaugural game and saw their first win.

This Dr. Pepper Football Contest should ban that wimpy basketball chest pass. Throw a football like it's meant to be thrown.

It won't happen because they still have to play GaSou but it would be absolutely hilarious if Georgia State got to 6-6 and went to a bowl.

Hope you're having a mighty laugh. Yay, little Georgia State! I just might go to their bowl game....I went to their inaugural game and saw their first win.

This Dr. Pepper Football Contest should ban that wimpy basketball chest pass. Throw a football like it's meant to be thrown.

I agree, but I'd take either of those two kids over Treon Harris at QB at this point. :(

IUe6Hvh.png

Despite the existence of this committee selection process and the implementation of a four-team playoff, there's a tenet of college football which unfortunately still survives: that if you're going to lose a game, lose it as early in the season as possible. A team which suffers its only defeat of a season in November continues to be viewed differently than one who loses earlier in the season, in essence putting greater value on late-season games. I don't know how you eliminate it, but it's sad that this committee seems to be perpetuating it.

nav-logo.png

I don't see it that way. And what happened in the final week of last season should prove that the playoff committee doesn't play the "When did you lose?" card.

TCU was #3 in the next-to-last playoff rankings and won their final game by 50+ points over a 2-10 Iowa State team. A day later when the playoff bracket was announced and the final rankings published, TCU fell three spots and fell out of the playoff bracket entirely. A team won by seven touchdowns in their final game and dropped in the rankings...that screams totality of the season over "When did you lose?".

About the only importance in the "when" category is what title your final game gives you and how your opponents fared throughout the season. Being able to add "X-conference champion" to your resume and hoping the teams on your schedule won as many games as possible is about the extent of the calendar having any sort of role. Strength of schedule doesn't take into account when the games were played.

Dear Fox,

I do realize that Standard Definition Televisions aren't as common as they used to be, but I think I would be having a better experience watching the Big Ten Championship if it weren't for the fact that I literally cannot tell the Clock, Down, Yardage, Possession or Quarter.

Archived