2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

I think the SEC and CBS actually have a limit on how many times each team can be the main attraction each season. ESPN may as well. Regardless, a Week 2 or Week 3 matchup would be the latest either conference would be willing to risk something like this if you want to see Alabama vs Ohio State or TTUN vs LSU, outside of playing in Dallas or Atlanta to open the season.

As far as Elliot. It was pretty dumb of him to go off like that, but if he was cleared to keep playing, keep giving him the ball until the trainer or he says he can't continue. As far as him saying he's going pro, he was always going pro after this season. The timing of the announcement was pretty rotten though. I knew when the camera panned to him during the National Anthem it was his last home game. Emotion is obviously something he'll need to control going through this week and the bowl game. Hopefully he'll be ready to go vs _ichigan and whomever we play in the Rose Bowl.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, they have a better case than Iowa at the moment. But they looked very sloppy against BC so who knows. If Notre Dame wins this week, I'd assume you'd pretty much have to shoe them in anyway. I'd be really shocked if they didn't.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I don't know, they have a better case than Iowa at the moment. But they looked very sloppy against BC so who knows. If Notre Dame wins this week, I'd assume you'd pretty much have to shoe them in anyway. I'd be really shocked if they didn't.

They set it up perfectly for Michigan State. Assuming everyone wins, the ranking probably won't change next week. When it comes to Conference Championship weekend, 12-0 Iowa against 11-1 Michigan State... I'm assuming the winner would be ranked 3, maybe 2. Iowa beating Michigan State should legitimize their season. Michigan State beating Iowa would obviously flip flop the 2.

Ok, I'll put it this way, do you guys think Iowa is a Top 4 team against anyone on a neutral field? Do they beat Sparty, Stanford, even Ohio State? (I don't think so).

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Ok, I'll put it this way, do you guys think Iowa is a Top 4 team against anyone on a neutral field? Do they beat Sparty, Stanford, even Ohio State? (I don't think so).

We don't have to think about that. They'll get their shot in the B1G Championship game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Why are we debating between Iowa and ND? Iowa obviously deserves to be where they are (and even higher in my opinion). The real issue is Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost to Texas, while ND beat them handily. ND's only loss is by two points, to the number 1 team in the country. How the hell is Oklahoma ranked higher than ND? Because they struggled against the top ranked defense in the country last week? Bullcrap. Now, if OK State were to beat Oklahoma, I could understand them being ahead of a one loss ND. But there's no :censored:ing way a one loss Oklahoma is more deserving than a one loss ND. Of course, ND has to actually beat Stanford, or this rant is moot.

spacer.png

Down goes Navy. Houston goes to the AAC championship against likely Temple (if the Owls lose to UConn, it'd be USF) for the Group of 5 spot.

Toledo also lost after getting back into the rankings, which means it is AAC's Spot to lose for the Group of 5. Unless Temple loses and USF beats Houston and the MAC champ can get a rankings push, but again, all unlikely.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Baylor@TCU is going to take five hours (six if there's another lightning delay).

The second half should be interesting if the rain doesn't let up.

So far the second half has reminded me of rugby. Just working field position and trying to avoid the big mistake. Pretty much the same as Ohio State and Michigan State last week.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nebraska might still make a bowl. I think it will come down to what school would sell best. Texas won't beat Baylor but if they did I'd expect some bowl to bring them in. It's still about brand recognition for some of the smaller bowls.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived