2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indiana just did a very best Pete Carroll Super Bowl XLIX Red Zone play call impression...

They did their job, prove Michigan is overrated.

That may be so, but IU they should of ran the ball which worked for them so effectively, but instead they pass the ball, and it bit them big time.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Indiana just did a very best Pete Carroll Super Bowl XLIX Red Zone play call impression...

They were also a team that wasn't supposed to win more than 5 games this year. The job that Harbaugh had done is a good job. I wouldn't even say overrated. Because they are still another couple years away.

Ninja Edit: Oh and Arizona sucks. Go ASU. Time to take back the Cup. Fork Em

SOS is all kind of a crapshoot anyway. Now you can schedule a team that's good now 10 years down the road, and if they suck when you play them, it's just another game.

Notre Dame doesn't have to play by the same rules as the others. Of course the strength of schedule is going to be good when you can schedule the majority of your games. Clemson is forced to play the Syracuses and OSU has to play the Illinoises. ND has to play five ACC teams, with at least one of them being a road test yes, but that still leaves 7 games to bulk up the schedule further while the others have at best 3 games to get strong opponents, and that's if they feel extremely confident.

If Notre Dame being an independent is such a great advantage, why aren’t more teams leaving their league to go on their own?

Or maybe it isn’t?

Notre Dame has entered a cycle of playing 9 power-five schools, Navy and two other “Group of Five” schools each year — it’s purely coincidental Temple is good this year. That sounds like a pretty similar slate to most big-time programs.

6fQjS3M.png

That may be so, but IU they should of ran the ball which worked for them so effectively, but instead they pass the ball, and it bit them big time.

I'm not an Indiana fan, but I was thoroughly disgusted by the sheer stupidity of Indiana's last play call. Why would you throw the ball when you just proved that you could run the ball down their throats 18 times. Stupid. Just plain stupid.

The more I see people debate things, the more I think the BCS was a fantastic system that was utilized in the worst way. The fact that they weren't allowed to use margin of victory and then used the human polls destroyed everything. If there was an 8 team playoff determined entirely by computer polls we wouldn't have any bull :censored: "eye test" that allows ohio state to be the third ranked team while having their best win be penn state. Computer polls were the way to go, we were just stupid and decided we needed to set our opinions in there.

New CFP Top 25...

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Notre Dame

---------------------------------

5. Iowa

6. Oklahoma State

7. Oklahoma

8. Florida

9. Michigan State

10. Baylor

16. Navy (Highest ranked Group of 5 member)

Archived