2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its been bad for a while but 40 bowl games is ridiculous. I remember in the late 80s/early 90s that there were less than 20 Bowl games. I think only one was named after a sponsor too (the Sun Bowl was named the John Hancock Bowl for a few years). I think that there should be only about 25-30 bowls at the most. It is inexcusable that there are 5-7 teams. Even worse, a 5-7 team from the Mountain West? I know it has to do with San Jose State's academic status but come on. Ok rant is over. This old curmudgeon needs a nap. Oh, get off my lawn!

Wow. 35-0 in first Quarter. BYU misses FG...

ESPN says Will Grier to transfer from Florida. So Treon Harris vs Grady?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14399127/will-grier-transfer-florida-gators-amid-one-year-suspension

The will be graduate transfers available. One for sure will be OU's Trevor Knight, who Stoops already released from scholarship and graduated this weekend.

Anyone on either side of the BYU-Utah rivalry needs to reconsider their position if they think it's best not to play every (or even every other) year.

(And please, BYU, wear Royal Blue full-time again. You look so much better in it.)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14399127/will-grier-transfer-florida-gators-amid-one-year-suspension

The will be graduate transfers available. One for sure will be OU's Trevor Knight, who Stoops already released from scholarship and graduated this weekend.

And they have a four-star QB committed and early enrolling. I suspect he will be the starter in week one but we will see. Maybe they'll at least get another option as a transfer. I'm sure Treon is a last resort.

IUe6Hvh.png

And they have a four-star QB committed and early enrolling. I suspect he will be the starter in week one but we will see. Maybe they'll at least get another option as a transfer. I'm sure Treon is a last resort.
Feleipe Franks was the Elite 11 MVP but him staying is far from a lock.

Sinnce 2006, nearly 40% of 5 and 4 * QBs transfer from their committed school.

qb-recruit-draft-chart_zpsyqvd533p.jpg

I never thought I would see snow in Western Texas.

It happens on occasion.

Unfortunately everything shuts down when you get an inch of snow in that part of the world. 7 or 8? It's a miniature apocalypse.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Duke should forfeit the bowl win to IU and their administration must use the rest of the holiday (and recruiting dead period) to mull shutting down the program due to an ill-gotten victory.

A little harsh, don't you think man?

Yes, the kick was close... but you know what? If Oakes would aimed it a little bit more to the right or to the left, we wouldn't have this conversation because it would be surefire.

Duke should forfeit the bowl win to IU and their administration must use the rest of the holiday (and recruiting dead period) to mull shutting down the program due to an ill-gotten victory.

A little harsh, don't you think man?

Yes, the kick was close... but you know what? If Oakes would aimed it a little bit more to the right or to the left, we wouldn't have this conversation because it would be surefire.

After the Miami lateral play, American sports fans were irate over the result.

In fact, some of the older CFB writers like Tony Barnhart and Ivan Maisel just call it "payback" that Duke won, not that Indiana may have been jobbed by a play which could not be reviewed as if Indiana was owed another loss somehow this season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrCFB/status/680907848994312192

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ivan_Maisel/status/680907448526462976

Here's the thing: Referees are still human. They make mistakes in judgment of plays, and it could happen at any time to any team. Personally, I thought he missed it, but I could see why people thought it hooked in. With something as close as that, I don't know why it's not reviewable, but thems the breaks sometimes.

And no, Duke shouldn't forfeit the game. It only would've pushed the game to another OT period. Miami didn't do it, nor should've they. Shut up about shutting down the program over the Pinstripe Bowl.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived